Windows 10: Add a printer or scanner

Discus and support Add a printer or scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I can't find the "show wi-fi direct" option in the add a printer or scanner. Help me!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zazzaz44, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Zazzaz44 Win User

Add a printer or scanner

Hello, I can't find the "show wi-fi direct" option in the add a printer or scanner. Help me!

:)

Zazzaz44, Jul 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 recognizes my printer+scanner only as a printer.

Hello,

Another method you may try is to uninstall and reinstall the printer. The following are the steps:

Remove your printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & scanners, find the printer, select it, and then select Remove device.

Install or add a local printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & Scanners, see if your printer is installed.
    • If you don’t see your device, select Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find available printers, choose the one you want, and then select Add device.

On the other hand, we suggest also that you reach out the manufacturer of your printer/scanner for the driver availability or work around.

Regards.

JohnMel And, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Remove Old Printers from "Add a printer or scanner"

Hi,

My apologies for the delayed response.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove unwanted Printers and check if it resolves the issue. Here's how:

1. Right click on Start and select Control Panel
    > Devices and Printers.

2. Under Printers, select the unwanted Printer and click on
    Remove device.

3. Now go to Start menu and navigate to Settings >
    Devices > Printers & scanners and check whether the printers

are listed under Add printers & scanners.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Add a printer or scanner

Scanner

Hi JSmith,

Your scanner should be installed first in order for your computer to recognize it. Since you're using a printer/scanner in one, you need to add or install the device as a printer and as a scanner. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your
    computer and is turned on when you try to install it. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Devices.
    • Under Add printers & scanners, click the + sign and select
      Add device.

Once added, try checking if you're able to scan. If your computer still doesn't detect the scanner, then we suggest that you get in touch with HP Support for further assistance.

Feel free to let us know if you need more information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Add a printer or scanner

1. Add a printer or scanner - Similar Threads - Add printer scanner

2. How to add a scanner Epson Perfection V39 went to add printer and scanner couldn't find server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add a scanner Epson Perfection V39 went to add printer and scanner couldn't find server: having trouble finding diver for scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-a-scanner-epson-perfection-v39-went-to/3d29e26f-d1af-4ac9-8cfe-60bb48d2c873
  3. Unable to add printer or scanner windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add printer or scanner windows 11: I am unable to add a printer or scanner. When I hit add device it just locks up. I am using Windows 11 upgraded from v10 on 28/07/21. My original problem was all printers would disappear. I was able to resolve this by running the printer trouble shooter every time time I...
  4. Unable to add printer or scanner windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add printer or scanner windows 11: I am unable to add a printer or scanner. When I hit add device it just locks up. I am using Windows 11 upgraded from v10 on 28/07/21. My original problem was all printers would disappear. I was able to resolve this by running the printer trouble shooter every time time I...
  5. Add a printer or scanner asking for login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a printer or scanner asking for login: When I tried to connect my printer to my computer I got a prompt to login to be able to make the connection, I've never had to login to connect a device before and never downloaded any apps that would interfere and cause this prompt to open. Even If I had to start logging in...
  6. Add a printer or scanner asking for login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add a printer or scanner asking for login: When I tried to connect my printer to my computer I got a prompt to login to be able to make the connection, I've never had to login to connect a device before and never downloaded any apps that would interfere and cause this prompt to open. Even If I had to start logging in...
  7. Add a printer or scanner asking for login

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Cannot Add Printer. Printers & Scanners Window Crashes When Trying to Add New Printer.

Cannot Add Printer. Printers & Scanners Window Crashes When Trying to Add New Printer.: Under Printers & Scanners if I try to add a device the window will crash. In addition, under Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers, when pressing the add printer or device button a window pops up then disappears. Using Windows 10 Pro Ver 1909 Thanks for...
  9. Add Scanner

Add Scanner: My computer will not install my new scanner. Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-scanner/ce649134-c33e-424c-8fa4-82c8107d4e42
  10. Add a printer or scanner requests AAD authentication

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Add a printer or scanner requests AAD authentication: If I attempt to add a printer from Settings\Printers & scanners page using the "Add a printer or scanner" button, the scan starts and detects some of my existing printers, but then pops up a Microsoft sign in page. On entering my Microsoft username and password, it produces...