Windows 10: Add a scanner in windows 10

Discus and support Add a scanner in windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a printer/scanner. How do I add the scanner portion?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tom_SJ, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Tom_SJ Win User

Add a scanner in windows 10

I have a printer/scanner. How do I add the scanner portion?

:)

Tom_SJ, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 11, 2019
  3. bobkn Win User
    bobkn, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Add a scanner in windows 10

What flat bed scanners work under Windows 10?

At least with the Canon, I didn't come across any Windows 10 drivers, but that's reasonable to expect with such an old scanner. Did you really buy this one recently from Amazon?

My suggestion would be to just look in to any recent scanner and make sure it lists Windows 10 compatibility. Know what you are buying before you purchase.

DeaconFrost, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Add a scanner in windows 10

1. Add a scanner in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add scanner

2. How to add a scanner Epson Perfection V39 went to add printer and scanner couldn't find server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add a scanner Epson Perfection V39 went to add printer and scanner couldn't find server: having trouble finding diver for scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-a-scanner-epson-perfection-v39-went-to/3d29e26f-d1af-4ac9-8cfe-60bb48d2c873
  3. How to add a scanner Epson Perfection V39 went to add printer and scanner couldn't find server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add a scanner Epson Perfection V39 went to add printer and scanner couldn't find server: having trouble finding diver for scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-a-scanner-epson-perfection-v39-went-to/3d29e26f-d1af-4ac9-8cfe-60bb48d2c873
  4. Windows 11 - UNABLE TO ADD DEVICE Setting > Bluetooth & Devices >Printers & Scanner > ADD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - UNABLE TO ADD DEVICE Setting > Bluetooth & Devices >Printers & Scanner > ADD...: When I hit Add Device Setting > Bluetooth & Devices >Printers & Scanner > ADD DEVICE the option gets greyed out and it keeps spinning. Also unable to delete old printers tried deleting from devices, from device manager and registryMy printer was working a month ago as I was...
  5. Windows 11 - UNABLE TO ADD DEVICE Setting > Bluetooth & Devices >Printers & Scanner > ADD...

Windows 11 - UNABLE TO ADD DEVICE Setting > Bluetooth & Devices >Printers & Scanner > ADD...: When I hit Add Device Setting > Bluetooth & Devices >Printers & Scanner > ADD DEVICE the option gets greyed out and it keeps spinning. Also unable to delete old printers tried deleting from devices, from device manager and registryMy printer was working a month ago as I was...
  6. New Dell XPS: Cannot add Epson Perfection 2850 Photo scanner! No drivers available Anyware!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Dell XPS: Cannot add Epson Perfection 2850 Photo scanner! No drivers available Anyware!: Have a New Dell XPS 8950 desktop with Windows 11 OS: Cannot add my Epson Perfection 2850 Photo scanner! No drivers available Anyware! When trying to add a scanner through add devices, get this message: The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28 There are no...
  7. New Dell XPS: Cannot add Epson Perfection 2850 Photo scanner! No drivers available Anyware!

New Dell XPS: Cannot add Epson Perfection 2850 Photo scanner! No drivers available Anyware!: Have a New Dell XPS 8950 desktop with Windows 11 OS: Cannot add my Epson Perfection 2850 Photo scanner! No drivers available Anyware! When trying to add a scanner through add devices, get this message: The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28 There are no...
  8. Unable to add printer or scanner windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add printer or scanner windows 11: I am unable to add a printer or scanner. When I hit add device it just locks up. I am using Windows 11 upgraded from v10 on 28/07/21. My original problem was all printers would disappear. I was able to resolve this by running the printer trouble shooter every time time I...
  9. Unable to add printer or scanner windows 11

Unable to add printer or scanner windows 11: I am unable to add a printer or scanner. When I hit add device it just locks up. I am using Windows 11 upgraded from v10 on 28/07/21. My original problem was all printers would disappear. I was able to resolve this by running the printer trouble shooter every time time I...
  10. Add a printer or scanner asking for login

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Add a printer or scanner asking for login: When I tried to connect my printer to my computer I got a prompt to login to be able to make the connection, I've never had to login to connect a device before and never downloaded any apps that would interfere and cause this prompt to open. Even If I had to start logging in...