Windows 10: Add a second language in windows 10 for VDI linked clones

Discus and support Add a second language in windows 10 for VDI linked clones in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello When I add a second language in Windows 10 Is it added "per user installation"? How can I add this per machine installation? I need the second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Carol CastilloR, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Add a second language in windows 10 for VDI linked clones

Hello

When I add a second language in Windows 10 Is it added "per user installation"? How can I add this per machine installation?
    I need the second language per machine installation in order to deploy in VDI environment using linked clones.

Thanks

:)

Carol CastilloR, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

add display language

Hello casale, *Smile

The steps in the tutorial below are updated for adding a display language in Windows 10. You will need to install the language pack of a language to have it available as a display language.

*Arrow Add a Language in Windows 10

Brink, Jun 29, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Add a second language in windows 10 for VDI linked clones

Can't add language

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand he inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that helps.

Method 1: Set Display Language.

Refer to the link below to set your display language

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/how-to-add-an-input-language-to-your-pc#v1h=tab02

Method 2:

I suggest that you try the steps below and check if the issue still persist.

• On the search bar type “Control Panel” and then go to “Clock, Language and Region”.
    • Click on “Language” and on the left pane, locate “Advance Settings” and click on it.
    • Locate “Override on Default Input Method” click on the drop down box and choose your preferred language.
    • Click on “OK” and restart your system and check if it resolves your issue.

Hope the information helps. please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Add a second language in windows 10 for VDI linked clones

1. Add a second language in windows 10 for VDI linked clones - Similar Threads - Add second language

2. How to add new Language Dictionaries to Phone Link?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add new Language Dictionaries to Phone Link?: One can add custom words, but how about a new language dictionary?ThanksP.S. I know that this does not belong to the MS Edge Sub-Category. But Phone Link doesn't have a Sub-Category....
  3. How to add new Language Dictionaries to Phone Link?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add new Language Dictionaries to Phone Link?: One can add custom words, but how about a new language dictionary?ThanksP.S. I know that this does not belong to the MS Edge Sub-Category. But Phone Link doesn't have a Sub-Category....
  4. Windows 11 adds a second type of one language.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 adds a second type of one language.: I have 3 languages: English, Russian, Ukrainian never mind what languages. Some time ago Windows added under Russian Russian Russian Ukrainian, and they messed up. Any idea what had happened?...
  5. Windows 11 adds a second type of one language.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 adds a second type of one language.: I have 3 languages: English, Russian, Ukrainian never mind what languages. Some time ago Windows added under Russian Russian Russian Ukrainian, and they messed up. Any idea what had happened?...
  6. Lightweight Defender Config for VDI Instant Clone Environment

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lightweight Defender Config for VDI Instant Clone Environment: Our organization has a VDI environment close to 10,000 sessions with VMware Horizon non-persistent instant clones. Our thin clients are set up as kiosks and every time a user logs off, it wipes the VM and spins up a fresh one. Typically, no VMs are alive for more than a day...
  7. Windows 10 adds languages by itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 adds languages by itself: Hello, I have been experiencing this bug for years now where I want to use just two languages with specific keyboard layout -> Slovak QWERTY default for Slovak is QWERTZ but I'm too used to QWERTY and I don't really see a point switching between different layouts since i use...
  8. How to add second language to standalone Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to add second language to standalone Windows 10 Enterprise: I got standalone Windows 10 box which is Windows 10 Enterprise version 1803. The default language is English, and I need to install second language to it, but I got this below error when I tried to add it from Region & language setting manually. [ATTACH] I believe this...
  9. Add a Language in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add a Language in Windows 10: How to: Add a Language in Windows 10 How to Add a Language in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can add different languages to install and use for the keyboard layout. See also: Language packs | Windows Support This tutorial will show you how to add a language to use...
  10. Windows 10 adds keyboard language as System Language

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 adds keyboard language as System Language: Hello, I have this issue... the system language is set to French, the region is set to France. The Keyboard layout is german (i have a german keyboard). The German language is automatically added to the Language Bar. [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] Thank you 65361