Windows 10: Add a secondary domain controller to a different network address

Discus and support Add a secondary domain controller to a different network address in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi,Currently working on adding a secondary domain controller to another physical location.Network A: 192.168.15.0DC: 192.168.15.10Primary Domain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Defrey1974, May 7, 2021.

1. Add a secondary domain controller to a different network address

Hi,Currently working on adding a secondary domain controller to another physical location.Network A: 192.168.15.0DC: 192.168.15.10Primary Domain ControllerNetwork B: 10.0.0.0DC: 10.0.0.10Secondary Domain Controller Read OnlyNetwork A & B are connected via VPNHow do I configure DNS so users can log in to Network A or Network B depending on where they are?Thank you

:)

Defrey1974, May 7, 2021
  2. JasonNJ Win User

Windows Server 2016 - Setup Local Domain Controller

Hi,
    Great post! Thank you for these detailed instructions. I got to step 4.11 - 4.13. I am running Windows Server 2016 as a VM in VM Workstation 12 Pro. Before I made these changes, I had internet access. My VM Network Adapter is set to NAT.

I'm now connected to my new domain and I've changed the Preferred DNS address back to my router's IP address, but I'm still showing "No Internet access" and I have the yellow warning on my network connection. Any suggestions? I've restarted the vm and the main machine with no luck.

JasonNJ, May 7, 2021
  3. MonarkeIV Win User
    WS2016 Setup Domain Controller reverts to Auto IP address

Not a power user by any means.

After following the tutorial here:

Windows Server 2016 - Setup Local Domain Controller
    ....and restarting the server, an error popped up that there is no internet connection. However opening a browser did connect to yahoo.com and a search called up many listings. Clicking on a link produced nothing. Thinking that maybe it might be a bad idea, I allowed Windows to repair the connection after it showed that there was no DHCP connection.

After Windows made this fix, the domain name and, ip addresses. It had reverted back too I "Obtain and IP address automatically".. I suspected this might happen as this is a home network, and the U-Verse router decides what the IP addresses shall be.

Still thinking I did something wrong or left something out of the process.

MonarkeIV, May 7, 2021
  4. Add a secondary domain controller to a different network address

Domain Controllers Windows update to address Netlogon Elevation of Privilege Vulnerability

Hi,

We are planning to update Domain Controllers runing Windows server 2012 R2 to address Netlogon Elevation of Privilege Vulnerability.

For this we are installing following updates:

1. KB4566425 (pre-requisite)

2. KB4571723 (Security update only)

With reference to roll back these updates what are our options?, if someone can please suggest exact steps for roll back or uninstalling the updates.

Also, if anyone can please share their past experiences on installing these updates on Domain Controllers (preparations, issues, back-ups etc.)

Best Regards,

Ali

Ali Mujahid, May 7, 2021
Thema:

Add a secondary domain controller to a different network address

1. Add a secondary domain controller to a different network address - Similar Threads - Add secondary domain

2. Add a secondary HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a secondary HDD: This weekend I plan on getting a new computer that has a 1TB SSD only. I plan on taking the 4TB HDD out of this 12-year-old computer and using it as a secondary drive “D” drive. My 4TB HDD is about 2.5 years old and is a western digital that has 2 partitions on it. My current...
  3. Add a domain controller in the cloud as a backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a domain controller in the cloud as a backup: Hello Team,I hope you are doing well, I have a question regarding DC backup, we have implemented a veeam backup solution, and we have been asked to backup 2 DCs Primary and secondary but after googling a lot of people say that creating a backup for DCs is kind of a bad idea,...
  4. Add a domain controller in the cloud as a backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add a domain controller in the cloud as a backup: Hello Team,I hope you are doing well, I have a question regarding DC backup, we have implemented a veeam backup solution, and we have been asked to backup 2 DCs Primary and secondary but after googling a lot of people say that creating a backup for DCs is kind of a bad idea,...
  5. How to change IP Address of Domain Controller

in Windows 10 News
    How to change IP Address of Domain Controller: [ATTACH]As an IT administrator, you may be faced with the challenge of how to change the IP address of a Domain Controller on your network. The DC is a mission-critical IT infrastructure, you may be looking for best practices on how you can accomplish this task — this post...
  6. Not able to add pc to domain controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to add pc to domain controller: I recently have installed DHCP, DNS, and ADDC controllers on windows server 2012.I can ping domain controller IP correctly, domain controller hostname correctly, but cannot ping the domain name, and thereby not allowing any pcs to join domain controller.Additional note, all...
  7. Not able to add pc to domain controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to add pc to domain controller: I recently have installed DHCP, DNS, and ADDC controllers on windows server 2012.I can ping domain controller IP correctly, domain controller hostname correctly, but cannot ping the domain name, and thereby not allowing any pcs to join domain controller.Additional note, all...
  8. Client can't join primary domain controller but secondary domain controller is working normal?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Client can't join primary domain controller but secondary domain controller is working normal?: Hi team,I have two domain controller primary and secondary domain controller on windows server 2016 Standard. Now i have some issue with my client any new client PC with windows 10 can't join primary domain controller but my secondary domain controller is working fine. I...
  9. Add a secondary Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a secondary Monitor: I'm using a Dell Inspiron 15 3593 2020 that has: - i5 1035G1 - MX230 2GB - 1920x1080p, 16:9 integrated monitor 1/ I'm going to plug a 1280 x 1024, 5/4 Dell E190S monitor via HDMI to VGA adapter and VGA to VGA cable. Will the monitor behave badly? 2/ If it does, will...
  10. Using Multiple IP Addresses in a Domain Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Multiple IP Addresses in a Domain Network: I added a second network adapter and an IP address to the new adapter in Windows 10 Build 2004. I now have the primary Routable on the first adapter and alternate IP addresses peer-to-peer on a second network adapter. The client sometimes think that it's not on a Domain...