Windows 10: Add a secondary HDD

Discus and support Add a secondary HDD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This weekend I plan on getting a new computer that has a 1TB SSD only. I plan on taking the 4TB HDD out of this 12-year-old computer and using it as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ZZZ12, Mar 18, 2023.

1. ZZZ12 Win User

Add a secondary HDD

This weekend I plan on getting a new computer that has a 1TB SSD only. I plan on taking the 4TB HDD out of this 12-year-old computer and using it as a secondary drive “D” drive. My 4TB HDD is about 2.5 years old and is a western digital that has 2 partitions on it. My current C Drive has 1.1 TB of data on it, about half of that is my one drive.It has Win 10 on it, this computer cannot run win 11.I want to make my old HDD my “D” and “E” drive and keep my one drive pic on my old HDD. in what will be "D" drive.I know with a new computer there is some setting it up. When I long into the new comput

:)

ZZZ12, Mar 18, 2023
  2. JayceeM Win User

Help choosing a secondary HDD

I have a Samsung SSD 850 Pro 256GB SATA (love this thing) as a boot drive and a 1TB Toshiba HDD for storage and every thing else. I need a bigger secondary HDD. Is there an advantage to a hybrid drive like the Seagate FireCuda as a secondary drive? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

JayceeM, Mar 18, 2023
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Mar 18, 2023
  4. Add a secondary HDD

100% Usage on Secondary HDD

I'm sure that isn't a problem with my HDD. I've just bought this brand new WD 4TB HDD. And on the top of this inquiry, I mentioned that something wired is that the 100% usage jumps between HDDs. It's disk E,F,G this time and it would be disk C,D or H,L next
    time after I restart.(I have 3 Secondary Hdds).

The 100% occurs only when some applications are making use of the disk, such as file copying.

donglinyang, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

Add a secondary HDD

1. Add a secondary HDD - Similar Threads - Add secondary HDD

2. Add a secondary HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add a secondary HDD: This weekend I plan on getting a new computer that has a 1TB SSD only. I plan on taking the 4TB HDD out of this 12-year-old computer and using it as a secondary drive “D” drive. My 4TB HDD is about 2.5 years old and is a western digital that has 2 partitions on it. My current...
  3. Add a secondary Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a secondary Monitor: I'm using a Dell Inspiron 15 3593 2020 that has: - i5 1035G1 - MX230 2GB - 1920x1080p, 16:9 integrated monitor 1/ I'm going to plug a 1280 x 1024, 5/4 Dell E190S monitor via HDMI to VGA adapter and VGA to VGA cable. Will the monitor behave badly? 2/ If it does, will...
  4. Secondary HDD not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary HDD not showing: I got HP 15ay-543tu with windows 10 ver.1909 installed in it I istalled a new ssd with os in it to the main os boot space. And my older HDD as in DVD reader with caddy First few days it works fine, but suddenly it stopped showing in windows explorer, disk managment, device...
  5. Secondary HDD totally inaccessible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Secondary HDD totally inaccessible: Recently I encountered system slowdown and instability on my Windows 10 PC. After trying a large amount of troubleshooting steps, I've almost fixed the problem by using "Reset This PC" to reinstall Windows without removing personal files. However, there's still one issue:...
  6. Help choosing a secondary HDD

Help choosing a secondary HDD: I have a Samsung SSD 850 Pro 256GB SATA (love this thing) as a boot drive and a 1TB Toshiba HDD for storage and every thing else. I need a bigger secondary HDD. Is there an advantage to a hybrid drive like the Seagate FireCuda as a secondary drive? Any suggestions? Thanks in...
  7. Secondary hdd boot error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Secondary hdd boot error: I have installed Windows on my ssd in my laptop.. I took off the cd-dvd case and put an hdd.. now when I turn on there's an error (0xc000000f).. I entered the bios and the boot order is ok.. however if I press esc several times I get the option to choose a boot drive.. so I...
  8. Secondary HDD Possibly Sleeping?

Secondary HDD Possibly Sleeping?: Hello, I have recently did a restore on the comp (cleaning the craps) and I can't remember how I fixed it before...but I'd like it so that Windows 10 doesn't put my secondary HDD asleep. I actually have programs on there I access and I've noticed a delay on launching...
  9. Cannot add secondary email.

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot add secondary email.: Ok as I cannot find if I have posted before like listing subscriptions I will have to post now so sorry if I have down so in the past. I have my main email set in outlook.live.com using hotmail. Now in 7 and 10 now I am having the greatest of difficulty in adding my...
  10. Secondary HDD not turning off

Secondary HDD not turning off: Hey guys, I upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro yesterday and so far everything works great, the only problem is that my secondary HDD always stays on. I have a 128GB SSD as my main drive and an 750GB HDD as my secondary drive for games, pictures and stuff. Since the...