Windows 10: Add an account in Email, calendar, and contacts not working

Discus and support Add an account in Email, calendar, and contacts not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to add my iCloud account to Windows 10's "Email, calendar, and contacts" account list to use my iCloud contacts and info with the People... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Robert 379, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Add an account in Email, calendar, and contacts not working

I am trying to add my iCloud account to Windows 10's "Email, calendar, and contacts" account list to use my iCloud contacts and info with the People and Calendar apps. When I use my login credentials, it just gives me the status "looking for your settings" and hangs there forever. My iPhone never asks me to give permission or anything. I tried to add a Google account just to see if it was an iCloud problem, and that just hangs at "Creating account" forever, after me giving it the 2-factor code from Google. It just doesn't seem like Windows 10 will let me add any 3rd party accounts.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

:)

Robert 379, Sep 7, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Sep 7, 2018
  3. davidhk Win User
    Email contacts missing

1. If you open Mail app and click the + sign for New mail > type first couple of letters of a contact name > will a list of suggested names appear ?

2. Go to All apps > scroll to P > click People. Is the contact list there ?

davidhk, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Add an account in Email, calendar, and contacts not working

email account hacked. please help

Don't think you can if they were deleted from your email account and are not in your trash folder. Try contacting Yahoo, explain what happened, and see what they can do or suggest you do.

BarbaricSoul, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Add an account in Email, calendar, and contacts not working

1. Add an account in Email, calendar, and contacts not working - Similar Threads - Add account Email

2. I cannot remove account from "Accounts used by email, calendar, and contacts"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot remove account from "Accounts used by email, calendar, and contacts": Hello.I've an old Mail-Account from my university.The system at the university changed and since that day my Windows "Mail" says that there is a problem with the Mail address, the account is "out-of-date" and I need to "fix" it.When I'm in the Mail-App and click on "Fix...
  3. I cannot remove account from "Accounts used by email, calendar, and contacts"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot remove account from "Accounts used by email, calendar, and contacts": Hello.I've an old Mail-Account from my university.The system at the university changed and since that day my Windows "Mail" says that there is a problem with the Mail address, the account is "out-of-date" and I need to "fix" it.When I'm in the Mail-App and click on "Fix...
  4. Removing accounts used by email, calendar and contacts & Accounts used by other apps - A...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing accounts used by email, calendar and contacts & Accounts used by other apps - A...: Hey there folks of the forum -- I've been looking for the last hour on how to perform these steps, and there isn't much useful information out there.Here's how I fixed this issue for a client who signed into a conference room PC using both their work and personal Microsoft...
  5. Removing accounts used by email, calendar and contacts & Accounts used by other apps - A...

Removing accounts used by email, calendar and contacts & Accounts used by other apps - A...: Hey there folks of the forum -- I've been looking for the last hour on how to perform these steps, and there isn't much useful information out there.Here's how I fixed this issue for a client who signed into a conference room PC using both their work and personal Microsoft...
  6. Can't remove account from "Accounts used by email, calendar, and contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove account from "Accounts used by email, calendar, and contacts: Some time ago my company switched to office 360 and it broke my email in the the Windows Mail app. I need to delete the account and add it again to get it working but it won't delete.These are the steps I've tried:Open Settings>Accounts>Email & AccountsSelect the drop-down on...
  7. Can't remove account from "Accounts used by email, calendar, and contacts

Can't remove account from "Accounts used by email, calendar, and contacts: Some time ago my company switched to office 360 and it broke my email in the the Windows Mail app. I need to delete the account and add it again to get it working but it won't delete.These are the steps I've tried:Open Settings>Accounts>Email & AccountsSelect the drop-down on...
  8. How to add a New Account for Email, Calendar and Contacts in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to add a New Account for Email, Calendar and Contacts in Windows 11: [ATTACH]When we log in to our Windows 11 computer using a Microsoft account, then all Microsoft-related applications either replicate the login immediately or prompt for the same credentials when you open them. The Email, Calendar and Contacts application will sign in to the...
  9. Outlook 2019 search not working in contacts, calendar and emails

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2019 search not working in contacts, calendar and emails: Hi I have just upgraded from my trusty Outlook 2007 to the new Office 2019 suite of programs. The new Outlook 2019 has been an absolute nightmare in so much as I was not able to search my calendar, contacts, and emails. Read numerous other forums for help and spent days...
  10. Cannot add a email account, calendar

Cannot add a email account, calendar: Hi I cannot add email account hotmail, yaho,.googleto my window. What is wrong? I lick on add but the dialog box keeps closing..it is not activated.Pls advise.Thanks...