Windows 10: Add an additional hard disk on Windows 10

Discus and support Add an additional hard disk on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have brought a 10TB SATA3 hard disk, but didn't show up on Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RaymondChan3, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Add an additional hard disk on Windows 10

I have brought a 10TB SATA3 hard disk, but didn't show up on Windows 10

:)

RaymondChan3, Jun 23, 2019

2. Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Hard disk partition not showing up.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This can happen if the Hard-disk drivers are not up-to date. I would suggest you to update the hard disk drivers first. To update the drivers, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Then Expand “Disk drives”.
    3. Then Right click on the Hard-disk listed under this category.
    4. Then click on Update drivers.
    5. Alternatively you can also try to update the drivers from manufacturer’s website.

Once the hard-disk drivers are updated, you will need to allocate the last partition (it is not allocated according to the screenshot) and you will be able to view the partition.

Also note that sometimes the hard disk partitions/drives might be hidden in This PC or My Computer window due to a Registry key. If a DWORD with the name NoViewOnDrive or NoDrives is present under following key in Registry Editor:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\Explorer

Delete the DWORD and your drives will become visible in My Computer window.

Hope this helps.

Naresh_K, Jun 23, 2019
  4. vivanco Win User

Add an additional hard disk on Windows 10

hard disk drive problem

i have a western digital 120 gb ide hard drive ( there was still 25 gb free space ) and everything was running fine until i decided to update windows xp home edition service pack 1 to service pack 2. I updated the windows and after the updating was done it asked me to restart the computer so i restarted the computer and it was normal then the windows would not start up. i turned off the computer and then turned it back on, everything gets on normally but it gets stock at where it says windows xp, it just stays there forever therefore i dont get to my desktop. Any idea what might be causing the problem?

I have an old hard disk drive which im not using and it has 10 gb space. Can i plug it to my system and run the windows from that and still be able use my other hard disk too so i can uninstall the service pack 2 from my hard disk.

Waiting for your suggestions!

Thank you for your time !

vivanco, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

Add an additional hard disk on Windows 10

1. Add an additional hard disk on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add additional hard

2. Hard Disk Problems in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Disk Problems in Windows 10: Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me fix my hard disk drive problem? A few weeks ago all my drives began having a problem SSD 512gb, 3tb HDD, 4tb HDD with slow file access when opening, closing and deleting. If I create a new folder or shortcut it does not appear...
  3. Why Create A System Image cannot detect my additional hard disk?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why Create A System Image cannot detect my additional hard disk?: Hi I was trying to create a system image via Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Backup and Restore Windows 7 , but it does not detect the additional hard disk D drive. Currently Windows system is located at C drive. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] If I select Next, it would show...
  4. Unable to Add Additional Fingerprint in Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to Add Additional Fingerprint in Windows Hello: There is an issue with Windows Hello Fingerprint. I could add the first fingerprint but when I choose toadd another fingerprint, it shows me the error "Your Device Is Having Trouble Recognizing You. Please Try Again". The weird part is that if I removed my first fingerprint...
  5. Maintaining an additional copy of my important files on a different internal hard disk.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Maintaining an additional copy of my important files on a different internal hard disk.: 1. I have a good collection of pictures in one folder My Pictures Main, with many sub folders on a second hard disk Disk D of my PC, ie not on Drive C. I keep adding pictures to this collection. 2. In order to avoid loss of these pictures, I have a copy of this main...
  6. Add a hard drive with windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Add a hard drive with windows 10: Hi I have a ssd and hdd from an old build and I’m planning on getting a new computer soon. I want to use my old ssd and hdd in my new pc. Can I just connect them and start it up? Is there anything I need to know or need to do to add a drive?...
  7. add recovery on hard disk partition win10-64

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    add recovery on hard disk partition win10-64: how to add recovery on hard disk partition win10-64 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-recovery-on-hard-disk-partition-win10-64/cef5b5b1-dc4f-4561-8470-c996a10bd87e
  8. Hard disk in windows 10

Hard disk in windows 10: While going through system log after memory diagnostic I found error " hard disk has bad block". Can it be repaired? If yes how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-in-windows-10/66d88367-38b2-4001-b15b-75e5bd75d779
  9. Add additional SSD to Windows 10 PC

Add additional SSD to Windows 10 PC: I have a Windows 10 PC with an internal 128 GIG SSD. It has an empty plug in slot for another SSD right next to it. I would like to add a 512 GIG SSD. Can I just plug the new drive into the slot like plugging in a thumb drive and will the computer recognize it? Or do I have...
  10. Add or Remove Additional Clocks in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Additional Clocks in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Additional Clocks in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Additional Clocks in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows can display up to three clocks: one for the local time and two additional clocks for the times in other time zones. After you set up...