Windows 10: Add an open with option when right clicking a pdf or other file

Discus and support Add an open with option when right clicking a pdf or other file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I've got a slightly annoying problem that I can't get around. I'd like to add Word to the 'open with' menu when I right click on a .pdf file in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GregOctopus, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Add an open with option when right clicking a pdf or other file

Hi,

I've got a slightly annoying problem that I can't get around.

I'd like to add Word to the 'open with' menu when I right click on a .pdf file in File Explorer.

I don't want Word to be the default program to open pdf files, but I'd like it to be an option in the open with menu, as I use Adobe Reader most of the time, but sometimes I need to convert the pdf to Word to edit. At the moment, I have to always choose Word from a list of all the programs on the computer via open with, 'choose another app', then 'more apps' and choose Word.

I have tried make Word the default and then making Adobe Reader default again, but that doesn't solve the problem.

Thanks!

:)

GregOctopus, Sep 7, 2020

2. 'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer

I just submitted this suggestion on Windows Uservoice:

The idea: the right-click menu for folders in File Explorer has an option called 'Open in new window', which opens that folder in a new File Explorer window. Very useful for copying and moving things, and opening destination folders without accessing the start menu a second time.

right-click menu option for File Explorer – Feature Suggestions for Windows

Delicieuxz, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

Acrobat Reader on Adobe Support Community

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 7, 2020
  4. NUS
    Nus Win User

Add an open with option when right clicking a pdf or other file

'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer

Is this a weird joke/troll?

That feature has been in Explorer since at least Windows 7...

Thema:

Add an open with option when right clicking a pdf or other file

1. Add an open with option when right clicking a pdf or other file - Similar Threads - Add open option

2. when i right click on a jar file there is no "open with" option.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i right click on a jar file there is no "open with" option.: trying to open 1.8.9 forge for minecraft but when i rght click there is no open with option. i just want to select open with and click java as all my troubles will end with this....
  3. when i right click on a jar file there is no "open with" option.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i right click on a jar file there is no "open with" option.: trying to open 1.8.9 forge for minecraft but when i rght click there is no open with option. i just want to select open with and click java as all my troubles will end with this....
  4. The option when right clicking on a file « Open with » missing for me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The option when right clicking on a file « Open with » missing for me: The option when right clicking on a file « Open with » missing for me im new on window 11 please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-option-when-right-clicking-on-a-file-open-with/9b485a00-3df4-4da8-b282-c24fabc84e7c
  5. The option when right clicking on a file « Open with » missing for me

The option when right clicking on a file « Open with » missing for me: The option when right clicking on a file « Open with » missing for me im new on window 11 please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-option-when-right-clicking-on-a-file-open-with/9b485a00-3df4-4da8-b282-c24fabc84e7c
  6. Is a feature avaulable to add "open with" option to right click context menu of a folder in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is a feature avaulable to add "open with" option to right click context menu of a folder in...: I'd like to be able to do programmatically too. If not, how about "open with MyApp", I see visual studio is in that context menu when It's installed. Thanks for taking the time to read. submitted by /u/eltegs [link] [comments]...
  7. Is it possible to add new option to the right click menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to add new option to the right click menu?: For example let's say that I have a file full of ids, and when I go to a site (which videos are indexed using ids) and want to download a video, instead of copying the id and searching it in my file I can just add something like "check for duplicate" which does that for me....
  8. Add open with program when right clicking on .pdf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add open with program when right clicking on .pdf: Hi, I've got a slightly annoying problem that I can't get around. I'd like to add Word to the 'open with' menu when I right click on a .pdf file in File Explorer. I don't want Word to be the default program to open pdf files, but I'd like it to be an option in the open...
  9. the option " New " in Right click can't open ther other options' window and makes the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the option " New " in Right click can't open ther other options' window and makes the...: [ATTACH][ATTACH]please I wait the answer " reply " in deep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-option-new-in-right-click-cant-open-ther-other/740267df-819b-4da8-8d2e-976da1fa71de
  10. right click a file : open with > ... how add my applications ?

right click a file : open with > ... how add my applications ?: After the darn Microsoft update was installed a lot of problems have occurred. Every time I boot the system a new annoyance come up. I was used to right click a .jpg (or some other pictures extensions) and have the option to choose Adobe Photoshop. The Photoshop suddenly...