Windows 10: Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10

Discus and support Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I click Start, I see an app under "Most used". I want to add the app as a tile to the Start menu. When I right-click it, there is no option to pin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FrankyMacky, May 25, 2023.

1. Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10

When I click Start, I see an app under "Most used". I want to add the app as a tile to the Start menu. When I right-click it, there is no option to pin it to the Start menu. There is only an option to unpin it.I can I add the app as a tile on the Start menu?

:)

FrankyMacky, May 25, 2023

2. Windows 10 Start Menu all apps / tiles missing

So I woke my computer up from sleep last night and this is what I was welcomed with:

Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10 111286d1485974255t-windows-10-start-menu-all-apps-tiles-missing-start-menu-gone.jpg

All of a sudden my start menu had no apps listed and no live tiles to speak of. So I did my googleing and I found this microsoft answer page: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-b988cd6da49a

I tried every step in their. After all said and done, I got installed programs to show up, but the live tiles that usually show to the right did not come back. I was ok with that, thinking I would work on this today and find a solution to that problem.

I just woke up the computer again from sleep and the start menu is blank AGAIN. Before this started happening last night, I have not installed any new software nor has windows ran any updates.

I'm at a loss. I tried system recovery and to roll back to a few days prior, but I keep getting an error after recovery is attempted stating that windows recovery wasn't able to fully complete due to a certain file (i can retry recovery and post picture of error if needed).

So any suggestions on whats my next step? I thought maybe I had a malware issue, but II have avast and malware antibytes installed and they showed no hits when the scans where run.

Any suggestions or guidance is greatly appreciated. Hope you all have a Great Turkey Day!

PS, I have to work today from 4pm to 6am, so If I do not reply right away I apologize.

Dalumberjack03, May 25, 2023
  3. zarz0rz Win User
    Windows 10 Start Menu all apps / tiles missing

Hi There,

I had the exact same problem. Showed up last night and I used the computer all day today with my blank Start Menu. Even if I tried searching for an app on the start menu, it would find it, but if I clicked on it, nothing would happen.

Then I found this post, also from this forum, and it solved the issue for me.

I didn't even know Windows TenForums, but I felt compeled to register an account just to answer you so you could solve your problem too. Hope it does.

Best regards from Portugal,

José Rodrigues

zarz0rz, May 25, 2023
  4. Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10

Most Used Apps list vs Tiles in Windows 10 start menu

Thanks Cal.

The reason why we want to introduce Tiles to the users were there were two options - Shortcuts via "All Apps", or Tiles in the Namegroups on the Windows 10 Start Menu.

The users decided to go for Tiles via Start Menu and we want to provision the apps as Tile in the name groups on the Windows 10 Start Menu.

I am not sure how the virtualization solutions you suggested would anywhere help here.

The main concern here is ... why are the apps not appearing in the 6 Most used apps list if they are pinned as Tiles.

Has Microsoft given any statement regarding this ?

John Gorinta, May 25, 2023
Thema:

Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10

1. Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add app tile

2. Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10: When I click Start, I see an app under "Most used". I want to add the app as a tile to the Start menu. When I right-click it, there is no option to pin it to the Start menu. There is only an option to unpin it.I can I add the app as a tile on the Start menu?...
  3. Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10: When I click Start, I see an app under "Most used". I want to add the app as a tile to the Start menu. When I right-click it, there is no option to pin it to the Start menu. There is only an option to unpin it.I can I add the app as a tile on the Start menu?...
  4. Is it possible to add a folder to the start menu tiles?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to add a folder to the start menu tiles?: I want to add my Screenshots folder to the "productivity" section of the start menu. Like this: https://i.imgur.com/JOHh91y.jpg It doesn't let me add it anywhere in the start menu though. I've googled around and still don't know if windows allows you to do that. Does...
  5. Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles

Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles: I have just had a Windows 10 Update 1st May 2021 and my People App tile has disappeared from the Start screen. It is not even listed in the alphabetical list of Apps. But I can still access People from the email account and the Calendar App. Is there any way I can get the...
  6. Add application to Start menu, but not tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Add application to Start menu, but not tiles: [ATTACH] When you pin an application to the start menu, it also adds the application to the tiles. Like in the picture below https://preview.redd.it/ia2zh6rdk2d61.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=026fb361d127c160bb479a84f7a6f4f04d60bb55 But I don't like tiles, so...
  7. Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles: Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles I had a Windows update yesterday Saturday 14 November 2020. There is now no longer any background colour on most of the tiles on the Start menu. Most of them are now just a white background with black text. Looking at Settings,...
  8. Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles

Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles: Hi Team, I need to remove the Windows 10 Start Menu all the Tiles for particular domain user only through registry value. Please suggest the same. Regards Natarajan...
  9. Start menu tiles (add app that dose not show in list of apps)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu tiles (add app that dose not show in list of apps): [ATTACH] Hi, i have recently downgraded skype to more usable version, but the older version dose not show in my start menu's tiles. i would like to add it into the quick start icons because that helps me manage my space better on the quickstart. Just to give you an idea...
  10. how to add an exe to the start menu as a tile.

in Windows 10 Support
    how to add an exe to the start menu as a tile.: I want to add exe's to the start menu as tiles. This also includes word templates that I have created. 113409