Windows 10: Add Back to Block Chrome Browser in Family Setting for a child

Discus and support Add Back to Block Chrome Browser in Family Setting for a child in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Good day, i allowed Chrome to be used for my kid when he requested for it. How do i add it back to blocked list. There doesn't seem to be a way to do... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Floyd Oneal, May 27, 2020.

1. Add Back to Block Chrome Browser in Family Setting for a child

Good day, i allowed Chrome to be used for my kid when he requested for it. How do i add it back to blocked list. There doesn't seem to be a way to do so. I checked in the help sites and it only shows how to remove a blocked browser.

:)

Floyd Oneal, May 27, 2020

2. Block Google Chrome for Child

I have 5 kids to setup content restrictions for. Though I love that Microsoft gives the power to have the safety features it does, the process is RIDICULOUS if you are doing it for more than 1 child!!!

I attempted to setup my 3 younger kids to only have access to a couple of specific websites, but no other sites. During that process I removed Google Chrome from the blocked apps list. What I did not know was that I had to use Microsoft Edge (one of the
    worst browsers ever) to use the feature that only allows certain sites. So now Google Chrome is no longer a blocked app, but yet the site has no way to just add it back.

I looked up how to block an app and was SHOCKED by the official info from Microsoft. See Below. Basically your kid has to use an app before you can add it to the blocked list. Doesn't that defy the purpose of having safety features for a child?

Besides... I used my child's account and opened Chrome, yet it still DID NOT show up in their activity list in order to block it. NOW WHAT?

FROM MICROSOFT

Blocking specific apps is possible with the Microsoft Account's Family Safety Feature. To block a specific application on your child's account, it is a requirement that the app must be used by your child, so that it will appear in under the Recent Activity
    list. For your child's security, you can log in as the child and launch the app to satisfy this requirement.

Follow these steps to successfully block specific applications:

1. Visit the Microsoft Family website and then sign in your Microsoft Account.
    2. Click the account of the child that you want to block from using an app.
    3. Select Recent Activity.
    4. Click to ensure that Activity Reporting is turned on.
    5. Scroll down and look for Apps & Games.
    6. Choose the apps that you want to block on your child's account.
    7. Click Block to block usage of the app.

msquaredonline, May 27, 2020
  3. Block chrome and extensions on family safety

Hi Palango,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

You can try to block those extensions and chrome.

Manage family settings:

Refer the steps below.

• Go to
      account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with your Microsoft account.

• Select the child whose settings you want to manage from the list of children in your Family. If your kids also use Family Safety on older versions of Windows, or My Family on older Windows phones, you’ll see them listed per device.

• Choose what to turn on or change for your child's account:

• Recent activity allows you to see what websites they've been visiting, what apps and games they've been using, and how much time they've been spending on their devices.

• Web browsing lets you choose what websites your child can and can't see.

• Apps & games allows you to limit the apps and games your child can download from the Windows Store. It also lets you unblock any app or game you’ve blocked previously.

• Screen time allows you to set the maximum amount of time they can spend on their devices.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us we will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 27, 2020
  4. Add Back to Block Chrome Browser in Family Setting for a child

Cannot work out how to block chrome on my child's account

Hi,

Have started using Microsoft family, which seems like a great idea. However, chrome still seems to be working normally on my child's login, and he can do what he wants there. I would like to block chrome, but cannot see where to do so. My list of blocked
    apps includes Firefox, Opera, 360 browser and Sogue High-speed Browser, but not Chrome, and I cannot see where I can add it to the list.

Can anyone help?

YoelGreenbergBIU, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Add Back to Block Chrome Browser in Family Setting for a child

1. Add Back to Block Chrome Browser in Family Setting for a child - Similar Threads - Add Block Chrome

2. Can't add back my child in my family groupe on Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add back my child in my family groupe on Family Safety: HelloI was having trouble with my child account on a new w11 laptop to retrieve screen time. I tried to remove parental consent and remove my Child from my family group.But then impossible to put back consent. And after several removal attempt, I now get an error message when...
  3. Can't add back my child in my family groupe on Family Safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't add back my child in my family groupe on Family Safety: HelloI was having trouble with my child account on a new w11 laptop to retrieve screen time. I tried to remove parental consent and remove my Child from my family group.But then impossible to put back consent. And after several removal attempt, I now get an error message when...
  4. How to block Google Chrome Browser in MS Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to block Google Chrome Browser in MS Family: I've searched, I've read, I've even googled it, but I can NOT figure out for the life of me how to ADD google chrome to the blocked app list in MS Family. In fact I see no option on how to ADD any program there. I've seen other people ask this question, and it never EVER gets...
  5. How to block Google Chrome Browser in MS Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to block Google Chrome Browser in MS Family: I've searched, I've read, I've even googled it, but I can NOT figure out for the life of me how to ADD google chrome to the blocked app list in MS Family. In fact I see no option on how to ADD any program there. I've seen other people ask this question, and it never EVER gets...
  6. How to block Google Chrome Browser in MS Family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Family features blocking Chrome

Family features blocking Chrome: every time I try to run Chrome, W10 throws an error saying I need permission from a parent. I am not currently part of a family group so this makes no sense. How do I fix this? I have also already setup a separate local account but that is not a valid solution. I need my...
  8. browser blocked by family settings as an adult

browser blocked by family settings as an adult: When i open any other browser than edge on my windows 10 computer i get a pop up saying i need to ask permission from an adult. My Microsoft account family is empty with only my account. Worked just fine yesterday… Getting rly damn frustated with the support bot too. Waited...
  9. Family features blocking chrome

Family features blocking chrome: Before you say anything I've already searched up everything and I'm not in a family but I still cant access chrome and also I'm an administrator for my computer but still cant access chrome even after uninstalling and reinstalling and restarting and joining and leaving a...
  10. Block Google Chrome for Child

Block Google Chrome for Child: I have 5 kids to setup content restrictions for. Though I love that Microsoft gives the power to have the safety features it does, the process is RIDICULOUS if you are doing it for more than 1 child!!! I attempted to setup my 3 younger kids to only have access to a couple...