Windows 10: Add background music to parts of video in Microsoft Video Editor

Discus and support Add background music to parts of video in Microsoft Video Editor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am a teacher currently using Zoom to teach. I am trying to use Microsoft Video Editor to add title cards and background music to the recordings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by andsherri, Jun 10, 2020.

1. andsherri Win User

Add background music to parts of video in Microsoft Video Editor

Hi, I am a teacher currently using Zoom to teach. I am trying to use Microsoft Video Editor to add title cards and background music to the recordings of the Zoom sessions. How do I use background music for parts of the video, and not all? Thanks

***Modified title from: background music***

:)

andsherri, Jun 10, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

adding background music to video

You need a video editing program to do that. Because you tell you have no experience, I recommend you start with a free one before spending money, to see if video editing is something you might get interested in.

In my opinion, the absolutely easiest to use and by far the best of all free editors is OpenShot (OpenShot Video Editor | Free, Open, and Award-Winning Video Editor for Linux, Mac, and Windows!)

It is Open Source (Open source - Wikipedia), free with no hidden costs for additional features.

When installed, run OpenShot. List numbers refer to numbers in screenshot:
    1. Select Project Files
    2. Click + to browse to and import your video
    3. Video will be added to Project Files
    4. Drag the video to timeline, to any free track. Be sure to add video so that beginning of it touches the red vertical line at beginning of the track
    5. Right click video track, select Separate Audio > Single clip

Add background music to parts of video in Microsoft Video Editor [​IMG]

(Click to enlarge.)

Audio will be separated from video and moved to another track. Select the audio track, right click it and select Remove Clip:

Audio track will be cleared, the original audio of your video removed.

Import your music file to Project Files exactly as you imported the video, and drag it to any free track.

Usually the added audio track is not the same length than the video. If your music lasts longer than the video, go to end of timeline and drag audio track content so that it ends at the same point than video:

If your music track is shorter than video, you can add it again at the end of current audio track.

Now you can export (save) the video:

That's it! Easy, fast and free.

Note Please notice that if you want to publish the video on social media, YouTube and such, you must own copyrights for audio and video content, or have copyright owner's permission. On my 100+ Windows videos, when I feel the video needs some background music, I use the copyright free music from YouTube. Another free source is the Free Music Archive.

3. normovi Win User
    N8 video editor does not see my songs/videos

usb-store mode and then refresh the library in player.

when choosing the background music in video editor I tap the violet Music shortcut - but the list appears empty(

normovi, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Add background music to parts of video in Microsoft Video Editor

Video Editor - Edit Background Music length. Start and stop the music by slide

I have Windows10 & just started to use Video Editor. Works great for what I do, but is there a way to edit the background music length? I inserted a video with someone singing. The problem is the background music is also playing. Is there a way to edit the
    background music or does it apply for the whole video created with photos and mp4 videos inserted?

Windows Movie Maker does let you edit and add a number of songs that can be inserted, but of coarse I have Windows 10 and it is no longer available.

Thanks for your help,

Richard

Richard g b, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Add background music to parts of video in Microsoft Video Editor

1. Add background music to parts of video in Microsoft Video Editor - Similar Threads - Add background music

2. Copyrighted music on Microsoft Video Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copyrighted music on Microsoft Video Editor: I haven't posted my YouTube video yet, but I am using the song called TV Tune and I want to know if it's copyrighted. If it is, may I please have permission to use it?...
  3. video editor background music not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    video editor background music not functioning: I have used video editor a number of times now editing some drone videos. I am still getting used to it. However it is pretty user friendly. After editing a video and getting ready to complete the project, I have been trying to add some of the included "background music" as I...
  4. video editor background music not functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    video editor background music not functioning: I have used video editor a number of times now editing some drone videos. I am still getting used to it. However it is pretty user friendly. After editing a video and getting ready to complete the project, I have been trying to add some of the included "background music" as I...
  5. Microsoft video editor music

Microsoft video editor music: Hi, I recently uploaded my first video on youtube wich I edited in Microsofts video editor, because I couldn't find copyrightfree music fitting for my video I used some of the standard music of the background music option. I used ''Samenzijn'' & ''Zondagen'' Names are in...
  6. Background music in Microsoft video editor

Background music in Microsoft video editor: In my Microsoft video editor , there are only one background music audio. and I am using Windows 10... So, how can I found multiple audio ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-music-in-microsoft-video-editor/139270ec-5eb0-4b31-961c-232f1b11a4d1
  7. Custom background music in microsoft video editor

Custom background music in microsoft video editor: In my microsoft video editor , there are only one custom audio. and i am using Windows 10... So, how can i found multiple audio ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/custom-background-music-in-microsoft-video-editor/139270ec-5eb0-4b31-961c-232f1b11a4d1
  8. Video Editor Background Music

Video Editor Background Music: Hi, about the free background music available in Video Editor, where does it come from? I like some of the soundtracks such as "Anodized" and "Neon Night" and I was wondering if I could download or find it on YouTube to listen to....
  9. Microsoft Video Editor app background music copyright

Microsoft Video Editor app background music copyright: I used Microsoft photo/video editor app background music in one of my video which I uploaded to YouTube, later YouTube marked this video music copyright issue. I believe all the background musics in this app are generic, free to use, please let me know what should I do?...
  10. video editor adding background music

video editor adding background music: I've added a selected background music choice. However when I play the video (time lapse composed of 800 photos, it skips (has short sections of no sound) many times in the 3 minute duration. How do I make it play continuously? Also it ends about a second or so too soon. How...