Windows 10: Add Bluetooth or other device button in Bluetooth and other devices does nothing (WIN 10)

Discus and support Add Bluetooth or other device button in Bluetooth and other devices does nothing (WIN 10) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just as it says above,nothing pops up when I click on the add button in bluetooth and other devices page... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by xXZer0c0oLXx, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Add Bluetooth or other device button in Bluetooth and other devices does nothing (WIN 10)

Just as it says above,nothing pops up when I click on the add button in bluetooth and other devices page

:)

xXZer0c0oLXx, Nov 5, 2018
  2. malware Win User

Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Try3 Win User
    No button for bluetooth in action center

Joe,

Assuming that you have a Bluetooth card, run these checks -

Do you have a Bluetooth entry in Settings, Devices?

Add Bluetooth or other device button in Bluetooth and other devices does nothing (WIN 10) [​IMG]

If not then Windows does not think you have a Bluetooth card. Check Device manager for a Bluetooth group.

Add Bluetooth or other device button in Bluetooth and other devices does nothing (WIN 10) [​IMG]

1. If neither of these is there then you do not have a Bluetooth card or you have disabled Bluetooth in the BIOS. You should check your BIOS for a relevant entry but BIOSes vary so I cannot suggest where such a setting might be. You could seek advice from your computer maker or their user forum.
    2. If one is there but not the other then you might be able to get it working correctly by reinstalling the driver from your Computer / Bluetooth card maker's website.

You can customise the items shown in Action center but Bluetooth, if it is enabled, is generally put there by default. As explained above, you can customise what is shown by playing around with Settings, System, Notifications. You can add more entries or you can drag off existing entries or you can drag existing entries around to get them in the layout you prefer.

Denis

Try3, Nov 5, 2018
  4. aasim1111 Win User

Add Bluetooth or other device button in Bluetooth and other devices does nothing (WIN 10)

Bluetooth in windows 10

So I bought a new Bluetooth headphones the skull candy uproar since my old one isn't working. It came with only the headset and usb charging cable. The problem is I can't seem to pair it to my pc. I have windows 10 by the way. There is no Bluetooth on off button in windows settings. I went to device manager but there us no icon for Bluetooth. I did everything I knew but none of it worked.I can post pictures if anyone needs.An alternative might be a Bluetooth dongle but I m not sure I'd it would work plus I paid $50 so don't wanna spend more

I looked up on Internet and many people seem to have issues with windows 10 and Bluetooth. I thought of asking here knowing my UK friends are smart.

Anyone have any idea of how to get Bluetooth to work on my pc.

PS don't curse windows 10. I already know it's a mess and not a very good os.

aasim1111, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Add Bluetooth or other device button in Bluetooth and other devices does nothing (WIN 10)

1. Add Bluetooth or other device button in Bluetooth and other devices does nothing (WIN 10) - Similar Threads - Add Bluetooth device

2. Add Bluetooth or other device button does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Bluetooth or other device button does not work: Hi, every time I click the Add Bluetooth or other devices button the blue circle appears on my mouse for a moment and nothing happens. I can't open the Add Bluetooth or other devices window. Tried SFC Scannow, numerous reboots, Windows updates, and many more....
  3. Add Bluetooth or other device button does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add Bluetooth or other device button does not work: Hi, every time I click the Add Bluetooth or other devices button the blue circle appears on my mouse for a moment and nothing happens. I can't open the Add Bluetooth or other devices window. Tried SFC Scannow, numerous reboots, Windows updates, and many more....
  4. Add Bluetooth or other device button does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. “Add Bluetooth or other device”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Add Bluetooth or other device”: When I click the button to pair a new device nothing happens and I can’t access any menu to pair the device literally nothing happens as if it isn’t even a real button please help this is extremely frustrating because no forum has any good answer or work around submitted by...
  6. Add Bluetooth or Other Device Button Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add Bluetooth or Other Device Button Not Working: Hello, whenever I click on the Add Bluetooth or Other Devices button, the blue circle appears on my mouse for a bit, and nothing happens. I can't open the Add Bluetooth or other Devices window. When I do click on the button, Event Viewer has an error: Faulting...
  7. "Add Bluetooth or Other Device" button not working anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Add Bluetooth or Other Device" button not working anymore: Bluetooth worked fine forever. Have been pairing my PS4 controller lately to play Breath of the Wild on CEMU. Now, randomly, I was going to repair it after pairing the controller back to my PS4. Nope. Doesn't work anymore. The button literally does nothing. Other BT devices...
  8. Add a bluetooth or other device button not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add a bluetooth or other device button not working: When I click on the add a bluetooth or other device button, nothing shows up, there was another thread with the same question I have, but nothing was helpful there, the advisors just repeated how to fix issues where bluetooth cant connect with devices and driver issues,...
  9. The Add Bluetooth & other devices button in Setting->Bluetooth & other devices not responsed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Add Bluetooth & other devices button in Setting->Bluetooth & other devices not responsed: In Setting->Bluetooth & other devices, when press the "+" button to Add Bluetooth or other device, nothing responded. I still can add through the "Devices and printers". [ATTACH]...
  10. Add Bluetooth or other device button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add Bluetooth or other device button: my Bluetooth device is working fine. I'm able to connect devices that are already paired. But I'm not able to pair new devices. When I click the button "add Bluetooth or other devices" nothing happens the normal pop-up window doesn't appear. I'm not asking how to pair a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add bluetooth or other device

2. add bluetooth or other device does nothing

3. what does add bluetooth and other devices mean

4. add bluetooth or other device button,
  5. add bluetooth device does nothing