Windows 10: Add Bluetooth or other device completely grey

Discus and support Add Bluetooth or other device completely grey in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been trying to connect a controller to my pc for a week now and the add a device is grey I don't understand why. I had to uninstall an Xbox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NicoMesserlian, May 14, 2020.

1. Add Bluetooth or other device completely grey

I have been trying to connect a controller to my pc for a week now and the add a device is grey I don't understand why. I had to uninstall an Xbox driver and then reinstall it but I don't know if that messed this up thank you if you are seeing this and tell me how. Add Bluetooth or other device completely grey d9d0aa04-0222-4fec-997a-0d636f917d7c?upload=true.png

:)

NicoMesserlian, May 14, 2020
  2. jhearcht Win User

Bluetooth : allow device to connect greyed out

Win10 on Dell Inspiron Desktop PC

I want to play music from my Samsung Galaxy S6 through the bluetooth speaker system on my PC. After successfully pairing the phone, I discover that it is not connected. The bluetooth speakers are connected, but the phone only shows as "paired". In the Bluetooth popup, "allow a device to connect" is greyed out. After a Google search, I know this is a common problem, but proposed solutions don't work in my case. I tried rebooting both PC and phone, but no help. I installed the latest Bluetooth driver from Intel, but no change.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

jhearcht, May 14, 2020
  3. jhearcht Win User
    Bluetooth : "allow device to connect" greyed out

Win10 on Dell Inspiron Desktop PC

I want to play music from my Samsung Galaxy S6 through the bluetooth speaker system on my PC. After successfully pairing the phone, I discover that it is not connected. The bluetooth speakers are connected, but the phone only shows as "paired". In the Bluetooth popup, "allow a device to connect" is greyed out. After a Google search, I know this is a common problem, but proposed solutions don't work in my case. I tried rebooting both PC and phone, but no help. I installed the latest Bluetooth driver from Intel, but no change.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

jhearcht, May 14, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Add Bluetooth or other device completely grey

'Allow a device to connect' is greyed out

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB Port. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top
      right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check the Bluetooth Settings and check if it helps.

• Open Control Panel by clicking the
      Windows + X,

• In the Control Panel search box, type
      Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.

• In the Bluetooth Settings dialog box, click the
      Options tab and do any of the following:

• To make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth enabled devices, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.

• To allow you to add Bluetooth enabled devices to your computer, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.

• To be notified when a Bluetooth enabled device is trying to connect to your computer, select the check box for
      Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Add Bluetooth or other device completely grey

1. Add Bluetooth or other device completely grey - Similar Threads - Add Bluetooth device

2. “Add Bluetooth or other device”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Add Bluetooth or other device”: When I click the button to pair a new device nothing happens and I can’t access any menu to pair the device literally nothing happens as if it isn’t even a real button please help this is extremely frustrating because no forum has any good answer or work around submitted by...
  3. "Add Bluetooth or other" devices not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Add Bluetooth or other" devices not working: I recently bought a Bluetooth dongle that didn't work, I had a suspicion that it didn't support Windows 10, so I got another one, that didnt work either. I almost gave up then I decided to get a Network Card, which I know supported Windows 10 and had Bluetooth, but none of...
  4. "Add Bluetooth or other device" not triggering dialogue box to allow add device

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Add Bluetooth or other device" not triggering dialogue box to allow add device: W10 Pro, version 2004 19041.572 When I click on the add a bluetooth or other device button, nothing shows up, there was another thread with the same question I have, but nothing was helpful there, the advisors just repeated how to fix issues where bluetooth cant connect with...
  5. Add Bluetooth or Other Device Button Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add Bluetooth or Other Device Button Not Working: Hello, whenever I click on the Add Bluetooth or Other Devices button, the blue circle appears on my mouse for a bit, and nothing happens. I can't open the Add Bluetooth or other Devices window. When I do click on the button, Event Viewer has an error: Faulting...
  6. Add a bluetooth or other device button not working

Add a bluetooth or other device button not working: When I click on the add a bluetooth or other device button, nothing shows up, there was another thread with the same question I have, but nothing was helpful there, the advisors just repeated how to fix issues where bluetooth cant connect with devices and driver issues,...
  7. The Add Bluetooth & other devices button in Setting->Bluetooth & other devices not responsed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Add Bluetooth & other devices button in Setting->Bluetooth & other devices not responsed: In Setting->Bluetooth & other devices, when press the "+" button to Add Bluetooth or other device, nothing responded. I still can add through the "Devices and printers". [ATTACH]...
  8. Add Bluetooth or other device button

Add Bluetooth or other device button: my Bluetooth device is working fine. I'm able to connect devices that are already paired. But I'm not able to pair new devices. When I click the button "add Bluetooth or other devices" nothing happens the normal pop-up window doesn't appear. I'm not asking how to pair a...
  9. Bluetooth add or Add other device menu refuses to open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth add or Add other device menu refuses to open: Yesterday on an insider version of Windows 10 I tried to sync a bluetooth device to my computer as I always have: I opened the bluetooth menu in windows and hit the add bluetooth or other device button. But it refused to open the usual menu, what would normally happen is...
  10. Add Bluetooth or other device button in Bluetooth and other devices does nothing (WIN 10)

Add Bluetooth or other device button in Bluetooth and other devices does nothing (WIN 10): Just as it says above,nothing pops up when I click on the add button in bluetooth and other devices page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-bluetooth-or-other-device-button-in-bluetooth/af59695e-7ebd-4379-bb6c-ea58557848db