Windows 10: "Add Bluetooth or other device" not triggering dialogue box to allow add device

Discus and support "Add Bluetooth or other device" not triggering dialogue box to allow add device in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; W10 Pro, version 2004 19041.572 When I click on the add a bluetooth or other device button, nothing shows up, there was another thread with the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by X1A, Oct 18, 2020.

1. X1A
    X1A Win User

"Add Bluetooth or other device" not triggering dialogue box to allow add device

W10 Pro, version 2004 19041.572

When I click on the add a bluetooth or other device button, nothing shows up, there was another thread with the same question I have, but nothing was helpful there, the advisors just repeated how to fix issues where bluetooth cant connect with devices and driver issues, bluetooth was working fine for me until 1 week ago where the "Add bluetooth or other device" just randomly stopped working.

Two different BT devices with the same issue, or rather it's the OS the issue and not the hardware.

:)

2. s0mojo Win User

"Add Bluetooth or other device" not triggering dialogue box

W10 Pro, version 2004 (19041.572)

"Add Bluetooth or other device" not triggering dialogue box to allow add device [​IMG]

Only recently my dialogue box isn't popping up to allow me to select with BT device I'd like to connect to on my machine. I've looked around and apparently there was a optional KB to install KB4577063 but no further posts to confirm is the actual fix.

Clicking the + icon does nothing, unless I click very quickly which then causes the diaglogue box to appear for a second then disappear.

Research: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...4-38e60959268c

Anyone else faced with this issue?

s0mojo, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    'Allow a device to connect' is greyed out

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB Port. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top
      right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check the Bluetooth Settings and check if it helps.

• Open Control Panel by clicking the
      Windows + X,

• In the Control Panel search box, type
      Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.

• In the Bluetooth Settings dialog box, click the
      Options tab and do any of the following:

• To make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth enabled devices, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.

• To allow you to add Bluetooth enabled devices to your computer, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.

• To be notified when a Bluetooth enabled device is trying to connect to your computer, select the check box for
      Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 18, 2020
  4. jfjacobc Win User

No bluetooth devices appear in the Add a Device wizard

In order to solve this problem, you first need to check if your computer has Bluetooth capability.

First, click the start button on the lower left corner, then type "devices and printers" into the search box at the bottom.

Next, look for a device with Bluetooth in the title. This is what allows your computer to connect to other devices via Bluetooth. Once you have found your Bluetooth device, proceed to the next step. If no such device is found, you have discovered your problem.
    Your computer lacks the physical component to use Bluetooth, and will be unable to connect until an acceptable device has been installed and set up.

If you successfully found your Bluetooth device, the next step is to right-click on it and select "Bluetooth settings."

Once your are in "Bluetooth Settings" make sure the box "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer" is checked.

Next, make sure Bluetooth is active on the device you wish to connect. If both devices are correctly enabled for Bluetooth, they will start the communication process.

At this point, the device you wish to connect to your computer should appear in the dialogue box. Double click it.

Now Windows may generate a connection code. Enter this code into your connecting device if necessary.

By now, the devices should be communicating and updating drivers as need be.

The last step is to re-secure your computer's Bluetooth. Simply repeat the first few steps; start, devices and printers, Bluetooth settings, only this time un-check the "allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer" box. Now your devices are connected,
    and your Bluetooth access is secure.

Hopefully this helps!

jfjacobc, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

1. "Add Bluetooth or other device" not triggering dialogue box to allow add device - Similar Threads - Add Bluetooth device

2. Bluetooth Add a device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Add a device: Hello,I need help with my computer. I am trying to connect my xbox controller to my laptop which has bluetooth however when I open settings and go to bluetooth and press add a device, nothing is showing up. I tried to find fixes online. I tried to do win + a to see if it...
  3. “Add Bluetooth or other device”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Add Bluetooth or other device”: When I click the button to pair a new device nothing happens and I can’t access any menu to pair the device literally nothing happens as if it isn’t even a real button please help this is extremely frustrating because no forum has any good answer or work around submitted by...
  4. "Add Bluetooth or other" devices not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Add Bluetooth or other" devices not working: I recently bought a Bluetooth dongle that didn't work, I had a suspicion that it didn't support Windows 10, so I got another one, that didnt work either. I almost gave up then I decided to get a Network Card, which I know supported Windows 10 and had Bluetooth, but none of...
  5. "Add Bluetooth or other device" not triggering dialogue box

"Add Bluetooth or other device" not triggering dialogue box: W10 Pro, version 2004 (19041.572) [img] Only recently my dialogue box isn't popping up to allow me to select with BT device I'd like to connect to on my machine. I've looked around and apparently there was a optional KB to install KB4577063 but no further posts to...
  6. "Add Bluetooth or other device" not triggering dialogue box

in Windows 10 Support
    "Add Bluetooth or other device" not triggering dialogue box: W10 Pro, version 2004 (19041.572) [img] Only recently my dialogue box isn't popping up to allow me to select with BT device I'd like to connect to on my machine. I've looked around and apparently there was a optional KB to install KB4577063 but no further posts to...
  7. Can't add device in Device and Printers or Add bluetooth devices

Can't add device in Device and Printers or Add bluetooth devices: I'm trying to connect some Bluetooth earbuds I have with an adapter I just bought. I know for a fact the adapter works it just doesnt work on my computer. Any time I try clicking on either add device in Device and Printers tab or Add bluetooth device the box opens up for a...
  8. add bluetooth devices

add bluetooth devices: add bluetooth devices like ipods to a Acer laptop how can I do that is it possible to add a device to listen to audio apple ipods https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-bluetooth-devices/a3ac961f-d2d2-43a3-a0c8-d6ac76ef5ba5
  9. Add Bluetooth or other device button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add Bluetooth or other device button: my Bluetooth device is working fine. I'm able to connect devices that are already paired. But I'm not able to pair new devices. When I click the button "add Bluetooth or other devices" nothing happens the normal pop-up window doesn't appear. I'm not asking how to pair a...
  10. Bluetooth add or Add other device menu refuses to open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth add or Add other device menu refuses to open: Yesterday on an insider version of Windows 10 I tried to sync a bluetooth device to my computer as I always have: I opened the bluetooth menu in windows and hit the add bluetooth or other device button. But it refused to open the usual menu, what would normally happen is...