Windows 10: Add borders to windows?

Discus and support Add borders to windows? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have spent the longest time (if you add it all up over the past few weeks) trying to find out how to get borders to my application/Explorer windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by martinlest, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Add borders to windows?

I have spent the longest time (if you add it all up over the past few weeks) trying to find out how to get borders to my application/Explorer windows in Windows 10, as I have in Windows 7. I have experimented with no end of settings as recommended by any number of posts I have found via Google, but all I have is a title bar. No borders to any application window.

I am very reluctantly moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro to run games etc. - it's got to the stage where I have little choice as new updates to programmes and games no longer support Windows 7, but I am not having fun in the process, by any stretch of the imagination.

There are any number of things I would like to change, but window borders would be a start..

(I know there is a way to change the look of Windows 10 to that of Windows 7, but is that 'recommended'? Hacking that deep down never seems to me a very good idea and is likely to throw up unwanted issues (?).

Many thanks.

:)

martinlest, Aug 30, 2020

2. black border

Hi Adele,

For us to isolate your concern with the black border on your computer, we would like to know the following:

• When did this happen?
    • Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of the black border.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Smeed Win User

Add borders to windows?

Smeed, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Add borders to windows?

1. Add borders to windows? - Similar Threads - Add borders

2. add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.: How do I set up an AOL account to Mail in Windows 10. I keep getting "the settings are out of date" when I try to set it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-aol-account-to-mail-i-keep-getting-the/f7d0d67f-0c4a-4d4d-b2fd-4675b350b7a7
  3. add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.

in Windows 10 Customization
    add aol account to mail. i keep getting the settings are out of date.: How do I set up an AOL account to Mail in Windows 10. I keep getting "the settings are out of date" when I try to set it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-aol-account-to-mail-i-keep-getting-the/f7d0d67f-0c4a-4d4d-b2fd-4675b350b7a7
  4. Windows 10 Explorer has invisible white borders on when set to "best performance", how add...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Explorer has invisible white borders on when set to "best performance", how add...: In Windows 10 when you set the performance option to "best performance", some default programs will have invisible white borders. This can be quite annoying because when you want to click on the border to resize or move you'll often click outside the border and activate a...
  5. Windows 10 Explorer has invisible white borders on when set to "best performance", how add...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Explorer has invisible white borders on when set to "best performance", how add...: In Windows 10 when you set the performance option to "best performance", some default programs will have invisible white borders. This can be quite annoying because when you want to click on the border to resize or move you'll often click outside the border and activate a...
  6. Windows 10 Explorer has invisible white borders on when set to "best performance", how add...

7. Can I add a border?

Can I add a border?: Can I add a border? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-add-a-border/8bf6a77b-4446-46f0-a427-e5b67a502885
  8. Add borders to open files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Add borders to open files?: Version 1903 (OS Build 183262. 476) When more than one file is open it would be useful if they each had a border. With no borders it is often visually confusing. I seem to remember that it is possible to add borders but I don't know where I saw this. Can anyone help...
  9. Is it possible to add a old style coloured border on a window

Is it possible to add a old style coloured border on a window: Much as I like the new windows 10, I find if I have a few windows open and overlapped then it's far to easy to close the wrong window. And the reason is that the whole washed out white and no window borders mean one window looks like it's another window when overlapped....
  10. How to add color to the window borders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to add color to the window borders: Under Windows 10 I don’t know how to add colors to the window borders of applications open, as that makes them easier to spot when I work with several at the same time. Now the frames are all white or grey. Where is the settings dialogue for that? 13525