Windows 10: Add borders to windows?

Discus and support Add borders to windows? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have spent the longest time (if you add it all up over the past few weeks) trying to find out how to get borders to my application/Explorer windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by martinlest, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Add borders to windows?

I have spent the longest time (if you add it all up over the past few weeks) trying to find out how to get borders to my application/Explorer windows in Windows 10, as I have in Windows 7. I have experimented with no end of settings as recommended by any number of posts I have found via Google, but all I have is a title bar. No borders to any application window.

I am very reluctantly moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro to run games etc. - it's got to the stage where I have little choice as new updates to programmes and games no longer support Windows 7, but I am not having fun in the process, by any stretch of the imagination.

There are any number of things I would like to change, but window borders would be a start..

(I know there is a way to change the look of Windows 10 to that of Windows 7, but is that 'recommended'? Hacking that deep down never seems to me a very good idea and is likely to throw up unwanted issues (?).

Many thanks.

:)

martinlest, Aug 30, 2020

2. black border

Hi Adele,

For us to isolate your concern with the black border on your computer, we would like to know the following:

• When did this happen?
    • Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of the black border.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Smeed Win User

Add borders to windows?

Smeed, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Add borders to windows?

1. Add borders to windows? - Similar Threads - Add borders

2. FILE EXPLORER ADDS SYMBOLS TO FILE NAMES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FILE EXPLORER ADDS SYMBOLS TO FILE NAMES: Hi - hope someone can help. I was unable to get most of my photos to open and now I'm having the same problem with all files. The files I had named, such as,APPLE PIE, now reads ._APPLE PIE. In Photos, the icons and names of these files is usually faded and a message says...
  3. How to add or remove ReadyBoost tab in Drive Properties in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add or remove ReadyBoost tab in Drive Properties in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The ReadyBoost tab in the properties page window of drives allows you to manage using […] This article How to add or remove ReadyBoost tab in Drive Properties in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. How can I add a picture to my Welcome screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I add a picture to my Welcome screen?: I can't find access to add a picture to the welcome picture when I start Windows. Please help. Thanks. Bill https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-add-a-picture-to-my-welcome-screen/8845065f-e162-4395-a752-1d4f74a4df58
  5. Windows 10 Unknown Windows Credentials Auto Add even after Delete Help ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Unknown Windows Credentials Auto Add even after Delete Help ?: [ATTACH] I have Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Latest version all updates installed , As you can see in picture Control Panel - User Accounts - Manage Your Credentials - Windows Credentials , these two entries in this section auto appear even after deletion , i have these apps...
  6. Can't remove Outlook 2010 Add-in due to permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remove Outlook 2010 Add-in due to permissions: I am the only person using my desktop and I do have Administrative permissions. However, when I try to remove a disabled Add-in from Outlook 2010 I get the error message. My login is a pin # on Windows 2010...
  7. How to add or remove Hardware tab in Drive Properties in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add or remove Hardware tab in Drive Properties in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Hardware tab in the properties window of drives allow you to see device properties […] This article How to add or remove Hardware tab in Drive Properties in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Add borders to open files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Add borders to open files?: Version 1903 (OS Build 183262. 476) When more than one file is open it would be useful if they each had a border. With no borders it is often visually confusing. I seem to remember that it is possible to add borders but I don't know where I saw this. Can anyone help...
  9. Is it possible to add a old style coloured border on a window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to add a old style coloured border on a window: Much as I like the new windows 10, I find if I have a few windows open and overlapped then it's far to easy to close the wrong window. And the reason is that the whole washed out white and no window borders mean one window looks like it's another window when overlapped....
  10. How to add color to the window borders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to add color to the window borders: Under Windows 10 I don’t know how to add colors to the window borders of applications open, as that makes them easier to spot when I work with several at the same time. Now the frames are all white or grey. Where is the settings dialogue for that? 13525