Windows 10: Add button disabled on pin option

Discus and support Add button disabled on pin option in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; The Add button on the sign in option for the pin is disabled... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NataliaFarinha, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Add button disabled on pin option

The Add button on the sign in option for the pin is disabled

:)

NataliaFarinha, Dec 9, 2020

2. Disable Sign In PIN

Hi I'm Peter an independent advisor, if you want to disable Windows 10 PIN sign in option, you can do it in this way.

Step 1: Press Windows and R key on the keyboard and enter gpedit.msc on Run open box. Then, press Enter or click the OK button to access Local Group Policy Editor.

run gpedit.msc

Step 2: In this interface, access Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Systems > Logon > Turn on PIN sign-in.

turn on PIN sign in option

Step 3: Double click Turn on PIN sign-in, and set this option to Disabled. Then click OK and Apply button. After that, the PIN sign in option is disabled.

PeterFlynn4, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Disable Sign In PIN

Hello,

You can also disable PIN using registry. Try these steps:

1. Open Registry Editor.
    2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System.
    3. Set AllowDomainPINLogon to 0.
    4. Close Registry Editor and reboot your system.

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Add button disabled on pin option

Disabling User Passwords Disables PIN and Hello?

Hello Eric,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the sign in option is not working after you disabled the option for PIN input for password.

At this point, I would suggest you to deploy the
    System Restore option in Windows.

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you

create a restore point manually
    . Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.

• Search Control Panel for Recovery.

• Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

• Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select
      Next > Finish.

In order to disable the PIN sign in option in Windows 10, refer to the below steps.

Step 1: Access PC settings and open
    Users and accounts

Step 2: Select Sign-in options and tap the
    Remove
    button under PIN.

Note: you can navigate to the same path in order to re-enable the PIN.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Add button disabled on pin option

1. Add button disabled on pin option - Similar Threads - Add button disabled

2. How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option: Dear Guys,I have a problem in Pin Window Hello, this option is currently unavailable, I saw people got option to remove and change Pin, Please help me to fix this in my PC.Regards and many thanks for your help....
  3. How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option: Dear Guys,I have a problem in Pin Window Hello, this option is currently unavailable, I saw people got option to remove and change Pin, Please help me to fix this in my PC.Regards and many thanks for your help....
  4. How to change Sign In Pin and disable Sign in Pin option

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Option to add a password and PIN is unavailable

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Option to add a password and PIN is unavailable: The option to add a password is not visible from the Sign-in option page and the option to add a PIN is unavailable for some reason. I am still able to sign in via microsoft account although it requires a wifi connection. From where I am from, the wifi can be interrupted at...
  6. Windows Hello PIN add button does not launch

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello PIN add button does not launch: The Add button under settings of Windows 10 Version 1909 does not work. I can log in with ADFS password to the profile and Office login works. However Add button will not launch to let me create PIN. I have cleared TPM and deleted and recreated the Ngc folder. Can someone...
  7. Remove the option to add pin etc at start up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove the option to add pin etc at start up: Hi, I have just installed 2 x SSD with the help of some Win 7 members. One runs Win 7 & the other Win 10 Im pretty much all set up now but one thing Im stuck with is the option to either enter Pin or Password at start up every time. Im the only user so when I switch on pc...
  8. Can't Setup Pin when click Add button

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't Setup Pin when click Add button: I always getting "you'll need the internet for This" error when click the Add button to add a Pin to my Windows 10 Pro. I am sure the internet access is there while I'm posting this question. does any one knows how to solve this problem or seen this problem before?...
  9. Add PIN or Change PIN in Sign in Options

Add PIN or Change PIN in Sign in Options: I have already set a PIN for my Local Account and my "Sign in Options" in Settings looks like this showing "Add" under PIN: [img] Various sites I have visited indicate that as I have already set a PIN I should have the option to "Change" or "I forgot my PIN". like...
  10. Pin number has only ADD option available

Pin number has only ADD option available: I am not able to Login to Win 10 using my PIN which I had set up previously set up and was working fine - now the only option I get is for my Password I have tried resetting the PIN without success as below Settings > Accounts > Sign-in-Options > PIN > there is only...