Windows 10: Add column to folder

Discus and support Add column to folder in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is it possible to add a column to a folder, that can be typed in, like when using a table? Thank you 159861 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by john3650, Jul 3, 2020.

1. john3650 Win User

Add column to folder

Is it possible to add a column to a folder, that can be typed in, like when using a table?
    Thank you

:)

john3650, Jul 3, 2020
  2. stuporter Win User

add personal column names in folder

Hi there,

I would like to add my own columns / headings within a folder and then be able to populate that column with specific information for files within this folder and would like to know if this is possible in Windows 10. Windows offers many options for column
    names, however those that I require are not in the list, and even if they were, it does not appear that I could add my own information. Please advise if this is possible. Thx.

stuporter, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Ernie San Win User
    why won't column headings in File Explorer (Windows 10) stay the way I set them??

Hello,

To resolve the issue with column heading on File Explorer, we suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click on the View Tab.
    • Click Folder Options.

• Click Apply to all folders.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

Add column to folder

How do I set all the column headings to the column headings I want to see for all my music folders in Windows 10

Hi Allan,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To change which columns to appear in Music Folder, you may try these steps:

a. You may open the music folder and click on View Tab.

b. Click on Add Columns.

c. Click More Columns.

d. Select the required columns and also you can
    move it up and down.

But when you create a new folder these changes will not appear in that folder. You may have to make these changes manually on the new folder.

I suggest you to leave a feedback about the same on Windows Feedback app.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Add column to folder

1. Add column to folder - Similar Threads - Add column folder

2. Number of Folder columns

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Number of Folder columns: I had something very different happen, and I don’t know how, on my Microsoft Windows 10 desktop. But one result is that on displaying a folder, it shows all contents in one column instead of the multiple columns, as before. I have tried the various options under “Home”,...
  3. Number of Folder columns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number of Folder columns: I had something very different happen, and I don’t know how, on my Microsoft Windows 10 desktop. But one result is that on displaying a folder, it shows all contents in one column instead of the multiple columns, as before. I have tried the various options under “Home”,...
  4. Number of Folder columns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Add folder Column: ¿Has password?

Add folder Column: ¿Has password?: Hi there!Im getting crazy at one thing that i suposed to be very easy, but i cant find the answer.I have a folder with 400+ excel files / words, and some of them has password and some does not.I want to quickly identify which ones have and which one doesnt. so my question is:...
  6. Add folder Column: ¿Has password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add folder Column: ¿Has password?: Hi there!Im getting crazy at one thing that i suposed to be very easy, but i cant find the answer.I have a folder with 400+ excel files / words, and some of them has password and some does not.I want to quickly identify which ones have and which one doesnt. so my question is:...
  7. Add folder Column: ¿Has password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. 'Add columns' button greyed out

'Add columns' button greyed out: Hi, on the file explorer under the view tab both the 'add columns' and 'size all columns to fit' buttons are greyed out and I can't click on them. How can I fix this please? [ATTACH]...
  9. Add a chart column in Word?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Add a chart column in Word?: Hi, I have created a diagram in my Word document (Insert>Diagram>Column) and now I want to edit the columns so that I finally have seven columns. Can anyone help me? https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/diagrammsaeule-in-word-hinzufuegen
  10. How to add a new column to the Pictures folder and all sub-folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add a new column to the Pictures folder and all sub-folders?: I have a lot of pictures of my granddaughter taken by my camera, my daughter’s camera & phone, and my son-in-law’s phone at the same place and time. For example, we were all at Disney World at the same time. I would like to add the “Camera model” to all Details views to...