Windows 10: Add "Convert to 7z" to .zip context menu

Discus and support Add "Convert to 7z" to .zip context menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Convert and replace zip files (requires 7-Zip). [img] ConvertTo7z.reg 103630 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Labudovi, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Labudovi Win User

Add "Convert to 7z" to .zip context menu

Convert and replace zip files (requires 7-Zip).

Add "Convert to 7z" to .zip context menu [​IMG]

ConvertTo7z.reg

:)

Labudovi, Feb 2, 2018

2. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, Feb 2, 2018
  3. moo09 Win User
    N79; can't run " home media " menu

I'm in Thailand . I just buy N79 , but I have found my phone can run " home media " menu. When I go to " home media " menu it's push back to "connectivity" menu .

When I go to Nokia Care center . They said All N79 was bug as this. Wait to upgrade firmware as now it's already new as 10.046

Please share information with me

moo09, Feb 2, 2018
  4. Add "Convert to 7z" to .zip context menu

Wow very nice thank you for sharing, like you said i was able to convert zip archive file to 7z archive file.

FreeBooter, Feb 2, 2018
  5. I'm having problem i have tested your registry file within Windows 10 installed VM and it worked but for some reason registry file does not work for me at my Windows 10 installed computer.

I have 7-Zip v18.01 installed on my computer.

FreeBooter, Feb 2, 2018
  6. Labudovi Win User
    It only works with 7-Zip x64.

For x86, open the reg file and replace programfiles with programfiles(x86)

Labudovi, Feb 2, 2018
  7. I have 7-Zip x64 i also check the registry values added by your registry file they are added to registry.

FreeBooter, Feb 2, 2018
  8. Labudovi Win User

Make sure that HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.zip refers to 7-Zip.zip

Labudovi, Feb 2, 2018
  9. Yes i have make sure HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.zip refers to 7-Zip.zip i even configure associated zip wit 7-zip. I have no idea why it has work in VM but not my main computer they have same Windows 10 operating system.

FreeBooter, Feb 2, 2018
  10. lx07 Win User
    I couldn't get it to work updating HKCU. This did though (updating SystemFileAssociations instead).

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.zip\shell\ConvertTo7z] @="Convert to 7z" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.zip\shell\ConvertTo7z\command] @="cmd /v /c title Convert&cd /d \"!programfiles!\\7-Zip\"&&set \"var=%1\"&&set \"td=!temp!\\convert!random!!random!\"&&set \"tf=!temp!\\convert!random!!random!.7z\"&&7z x \"!var!\" -o\"!td!\" >nul&if !errorlevel! equ 0 ((7z a \"!tf!\" \"!td!\\*\" -t7z -mtm- >nul&&copy /y \"!tf!\" \"!var:~0,-4!.7z\" >nul&&del /f /a \"!var!\")&del /f \"!tf!\"&rmdir /s /q \"!td!\")&if !errorlevel! equ 0 (echo OK&timeout 1 >nul) else (echo Error: !errorlevel!&pause)"[/quote] It is a very neat command.

11. Wow good news i have fix the issue now context menu have Convert to 7z option.

FreeBooter, Feb 2, 2018
  12. Make sure associated zip with 7-zip for the user and all users from 7-Zip File Manager.

FreeBooter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Add "Convert to 7z" to .zip context menu - Similar Threads - Add Convert zip

2. Change 7zip .zip .rar .7z icons.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change 7zip .zip .rar .7z icons.: At the moment of writing this, I have just reinstalled windows because my old windows installation was quite old and bloated with useless apps. I was installing the apps that I wanted, and then it became time to download 7zip, I download it as normal, run it and restart....
  3. Add "Convert to PDF" to context menu

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Add "Convert to PDF" to context menu: Hi,I am trying to add "convert to pdf" to users context menu so they can quickly convert images to pdf's. The user has adobe acrobat DC installed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but that is the extent of my knowledge. Anyone have done this before and know how to...
  4. Add "Convert to PDF" to context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add "Convert to PDF" to context menu: Hi,I am trying to add "convert to pdf" to users context menu so they can quickly convert images to pdf's. The user has adobe acrobat DC installed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but that is the extent of my knowledge. Anyone have done this before and know how to...
  5. Add "Convert to PDF" to context menu

6. "Convert to" option missing in context menu

"Convert to" option missing in context menu: Dear Microsoft, previously when I was a windows10 user, I had an option named "Convert to" or something like that from where I used to convert my PDF files to excel, word, or PowerPoint...but after the windows 11 update I noticed that option as missing in my context menu the...
  7. "Convert to" option missing in context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Convert to" option missing in context menu: Dear Microsoft, previously when I was a windows10 user, I had an option named "Convert to" or something like that from where I used to convert my PDF files to excel, word, or PowerPoint...but after the windows 11 update I noticed that option as missing in my context menu the...
  8. Old Icons for .7z, .zip, and .iso files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old Icons for .7z, .zip, and .iso files?: [ATTACH] Built a new PC this summer and for some reason my icons for those files are extremely outdated, any idea what might be causing this and how I can fix it? Thanks...
  9. How to Add or Remove Extract All from context menu for ZIP files

in Windows 10 News
    How to Add or Remove Extract All from context menu for ZIP files: [ATTACH]If you have a ZIP file in your computer and you right-click on it, it shows Extract All option to get data from inside a […] This article How to Add or Remove Extract All from context menu for ZIP files first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Add Task View to Context Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add Task View to Context Menu?: How do I add the Task View functionality to my context menu. 106988

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add conver 7zip to zip.reg