Windows 10: add custom shortcuts to navigation pane

Discus and support add custom shortcuts to navigation pane in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello is there a way to adding custom files shortcut (not folders shortcut) to navigation pane? for example i want to add a shourtcut from explorer.exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by amymor, Sep 29, 2019.

1. amymor Win User

add custom shortcuts to navigation pane

hello
    is there a way to adding custom files shortcut (not folders shortcut) to navigation pane? for example i want to add a shourtcut from explorer.exe to my navigatin pane.i knew about adding custom folders or control panel items to navigation pane,but my question is about shortcut from a exe file.so is it possible?
    thanks

:)

amymor, Sep 29, 2019

2. How to add custom folders to File Explorer > Navigation Pane > Desktop

After installing Dropbox, I notice that there's now a custom link to the Dropbox folder in my File Explorer > Navigation Pane > Desktop list (see screenshot below).

Does anyone know how I can add such (sym?)links to other directories on the computer?

Specifically looking for ways to add to list in the "Desktop" section of Navigation Pane... not the "Quick access" list.

add custom shortcuts to navigation pane [​IMG]

My thinking is... I'd like to consolidate shortcuts to my custom cloud storage folders. Right now there's OneDrive (built in to W10) and Dropbox, and I'd like to add similar links for my Google Drive, Amazon Cloud Drive, etc. directories. Trying to have them all appear together under "Desktop", rather than split between Desktop and Quick Access.

AdamW10NYC, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    How to get horiz scrolling in Navigation Pane in Win 10 Explorer

Welcome to TenForums @linuxgarou

One suggestion would be to hover the mouse over the dividing line between the navigation pane and the list of files (it's the right-hand edge of the navigation pane's vertical scroll bar). When the pointer becomes a double-headed arrow you can click-and-drag to make the navigation pane wider.

I have mine set to about twice the width of the one in your screenshot.

Edit: and so apparently does Ztrucker in the following post.

4. RedCat Win User

How to put any shortcut / folder in Windows 10 Navigation Pane

Is there a way to customize Navigation Pane folders in order to remove unnecessary folders and add desired folders and shortcuts in Windows 10 Pro.?

RedCat, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. add custom shortcuts to navigation pane - Similar Threads - add custom shortcuts

2. Navigation pane shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigation pane shortcut: To control the navigation pane in File Explorer a user must click view > show > navigation pane. I understand that there is no keyboard shortcut built in Windows 11 to perform that operation. However, could someone please reply with instructions on how I could create my own...
  3. Navigation pane shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigation pane shortcut: To control the navigation pane in File Explorer a user must click view > show > navigation pane. I understand that there is no keyboard shortcut built in Windows 11 to perform that operation. However, could someone please reply with instructions on how I could create my own...
  4. add windows app to navigation pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    add windows app to navigation pane: Hello, for the last couple of years I’ve been able to plug in a document photo scanner Ipevo Ziggi HD Plus into my usb port and the windows 10 camera app would come up in the navigation pane in file explorer. For some reason now when I plug in the document photo scanner the...
  5. Adding shortcuts to navigation pane

Adding shortcuts to navigation pane: Hello In the past I had managed to add shortcuts in my Computer/Video folder in my navigation pane the left vertical bar, but I don't remember how to do this. Be careful, I'm not talking about putting shortcuts in Quick Access I never use that. Here's a screenshot it's a...
  6. Opening a folder adds shortcut under This PC in the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening a folder adds shortcut under This PC in the navigation pane: When I open a folder in the Windows Explorer, despite having the "Expand to current folder" option ticked off, the navigation panel will add a "Desktop" or "Downloads" shortcut under This PC. In this screenshot, on the left is how it looks like after opening folders and on...
  7. Add specific folders to Navigation Pane

Add specific folders to Navigation Pane: Win10 Home x64 build 18363.836 Hello! With a lot of help from you all and many tutorials, I got my new Win10 system up and running, and set (for the most part) the way I like it. A few things I have not been able to find tutorials on (I'm sure they exist, I just haven't...
  8. How to add custom folders to File Explorer > Navigation Pane > Desktop

How to add custom folders to File Explorer > Navigation Pane > Desktop: After installing Dropbox, I notice that there's now a custom link to the Dropbox folder in my File Explorer > Navigation Pane > Desktop list (see screenshot below). Does anyone know how I can add such (sym?)links to other directories on the computer? Specifically...
  9. Customizing system icons and navigation pane

Customizing system icons and navigation pane: Hi everyone, I've got two small issues that are that get me really nitpicky when I'm reminded of them. I was hoping you could help me with those. So the first one is I'd like to customize system icons. Before the upgrade from Windows 7 I had IconPackger which was...
  10. add google drive to navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    add google drive to navigation pane: how to add google drive to navigation pane 55775