Windows 10: Add customized Icons in Windows 10

Discus and support Add customized Icons in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello members - Is there any member that can give me the instruction to download custom icons from the internet and then use them on the PC. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by elusiverunner, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Add customized Icons in Windows 10

Hello members - Is there any member that can give me the instruction to download custom icons from the internet and then use them on the PC. I have seen many icons on the internet. What I need to do is to download them, only if I am allowed to, and then upload them as icons on the internet.

Windows 10 Home Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.836

:)

elusiverunner, Jul 10, 2020

2. Best way to add- change the current icon a custom icon for a shortcut

After trying several different variations found posted on the web and not getting what i needed, I hope someone here might know the solution.

I am working with a long script that in its final steps creates a shortcut to a website which works as needed but the same script (which offers an option to add a custom icon) will no longer do so. The shortcut icon is either a blank white square or at best a "globe". It creates a perfect working Url link to a website while many of the methods I found for creating a URL in a command script failed to work. While this is very simple in GUI, this is the end step of a long process that needs to work as written.

I can use vbs but would prefer not to use PS if possible. This command is extremely old and may have issues with current Windows 10 x64 . It once worked properly but will no longer add the custom icon.

Any method I could use to add the icon to the created link would be great as long as I can add it in the final step of the process which creates the link.

Windows 10 x64 Latest Updates

questorfla, Jul 10, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Add customized Icons in Windows 10

Custom Network location icon?

Hi Jane,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Is the system connected to domain?

Please be informed that you may customize the Network icon. You may not be able to customize the available
    networks under the Network. Try the below steps and check if it helps to customize the Network icon.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open
      Settings menu.

• Click on Personalization.

• Select Themes from the left navigation pane.

• Click on Desktop icon settings.

• Click on Network and click on
      Change icon

• Select the icon which you prefer and click on
      OK

• Click on Apply button and click on
      OK button.
    The above steps will help you to customize the Network icon.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Add customized Icons in Windows 10

1. Add customized Icons in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add customized Icons

2. How to add Custom Libraries to windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add Custom Libraries to windows: I have an old PC that I wish to use as a smart home server, however I am having a problem Streaming Content from the Hard Drives Internally Plugged into the Machine on the TV's in our house, so far it can only read data in the libraries on the C Drive Which Only Contains Some...
  3. How to add Custom Libraries to windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add Custom Libraries to windows: I have an old PC that I wish to use as a smart home server, however I am having a problem Streaming Content from the Hard Drives Internally Plugged into the Machine on the TV's in our house, so far it can only read data in the libraries on the C Drive Which Only Contains Some...
  4. Customize Folder icons, Change color, Add Emblems with CustomFolders for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Customize Folder icons, Change color, Add Emblems with CustomFolders for Windows 10: [ATTACH]As the name suggests, CustomFolder is a program that lets you customize your folders. It is a free software for the Windows devices which lets […] This article Customize Folder icons, Change color, Add Emblems with CustomFolders for Windows 10 first appeared on...
  5. Best way to add- change the current icon a custom icon for a shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Best way to add- change the current icon a custom icon for a shortcut: After trying several different variations found posted on the web and not getting what i needed, I hope someone here might know the solution. I am working with a long script that in its final steps creates a shortcut to a website which works as needed but the same script...
  6. can I add custom icons to folders on windows 10 start menu

can I add custom icons to folders on windows 10 start menu: Many of my icons on the windows 10 start menu show just the picture of a folder. Is there a way to add text to the icon to identify the program...
  7. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Customization Help

Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Customization Help: hello; i have changed the default app icons in my taskbar and they look good, but when i run the app its icon changes to default until i close that app. to let you know i just right click on icon on taskbar >>Properties>>Change Icon. i also tried to save all app...
  8. How to add custom folder icons as default?

How to add custom folder icons as default?: hi, I am new to this forums, so pardon my mistakes... I would like to know how to change the default plain folder icons to custom folder as default... I was able to change lots of icons using customisergod from door2windows... but i got stuck with "folders which have...
  9. Windows 10 folder CUSTOM icon

Windows 10 folder CUSTOM icon: Hi, I am new, so apologies if this is the wrong area to post in, I have set a 'Custom icon' via the folder properties file (Select folder, Right click, properties,etc) and I can see the image I want but it is surrounded by a folder still I was wondering if there is a fix or...
  10. Custom Folder Icons in Windows 10

Custom Folder Icons in Windows 10: I hope everyone is fine. I want to assign custom icons to my folders related to Movies, TV Series etc. I know how to do it but how do i make these custom folder icons permanent so wherever i copy paste the folder the icon goes along with it. I researched about it and did...