Windows 10: Add Device and Add Printer buttons Not Working, window closes immediately Solution Found

Discus and support Add Device and Add Printer buttons Not Working, window closes immediately Solution Found in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I'm just posting this so that my solution I found to this problem is available to others. It may not be the exact same issue that I was seeing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Valerie Veládryn, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Add Device and Add Printer buttons Not Working, window closes immediately Solution Found

Hi I'm just posting this so that my solution I found to this problem is available to others. It may not be the exact same issue that I was seeing others have but I did solve my issue.So to describe the issue:I opened the Settings app.I clicked on Devices.I clicked on Bluetooth & other devicesI switched the Bluetooth on where it has the toggle.I clicked on Add Bluetooth or other device.I clicked on Bluetooth under the options.After this, the mouse cursor would change to the loading wheel and then the Add a device window would close itself.I dug deeper to find the problem and discovered tha

:)

Valerie Veládryn, Aug 4, 2022

2. Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer - Flashes and closes

Thank you for trying to help. Tweaking.com's tool + Windows Update fixed the Add a device / Add a printer flashing and closing now these 2 menus do work

The only problem that remains now is with system settings:

* Start menu
    * Gear icon
    * Devices

Clicking Devices closes the whole Windows Settings. Any ideas for that ?

biomecanoid, Aug 4, 2022
  3. Printer not working

Hi Terry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

How have you connected the printer to your computer? Is it wired or wireless connection?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Mouse, Touchpad and Printer drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Follow the same steps to uninstall Mouse and Printer drivers.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset, touchpad and Printer drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Aug 4, 2022
  4. Add Device and Add Printer buttons Not Working, window closes immediately Solution Found

Printer not printing after installing the device on the PC on Windows 10.

Hi Yitzchak,

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the printer as a work around and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the printer:

• Press “Windows + X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the “Printer” device from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for
      this device
      ” you may select that and then remove its drivers from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

You may also uninstall any related software provided by the printer manufacturer from the computer from “Programs and Features”. For this, you may follow these steps:

• Press “Windows + X” keys on the keyboard and select “Programs and Features” from that list.

• Search for any software provided by the printer manufacturer in the program list and if available, you may select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

Step 2: Install a Printer

Refer to the below link about: Install a printer

Fix printer problems in Windows 7 and Windows 8.1

Hope this helps.

Niranjan Manjhi, Aug 4, 2022
Thema:

Add Device and Add Printer buttons Not Working, window closes immediately Solution Found

1. Add Device and Add Printer buttons Not Working, window closes immediately Solution Found - Similar Threads - Add Device Add

2. 'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working: Hi,I am facing an issue where my Bluetooth seems to work fine but I can no longer add any new Bluetooth devices. Similarly, I can no longer add any new printers.First the Bluetooth, the problem occurs when I click the "add Bluetooth or other device" button, the small window...
  3. 'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working: Hi,I am facing an issue where my Bluetooth seems to work fine but I can no longer add any new Bluetooth devices. Similarly, I can no longer add any new printers.First the Bluetooth, the problem occurs when I click the "add Bluetooth or other device" button, the small window...
  4. 'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Add Device and Add Printer buttons Not Working, window closes immediately Solution Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Device and Add Printer buttons Not Working, window closes immediately Solution Found: Hi I'm just posting this so that my solution I found to this problem is available to others. It may not be the exact same issue that I was seeing others have but I did solve my issue.So to describe the issue:I opened the Settings app.I clicked on Devices.I clicked on...
  6. Add Device and Add Printer buttons Not Working, window closes immediately Solution Found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Add Device and Add Printer buttons Not Working, window closes immediately Solution Found: Hi I'm just posting this so that my solution I found to this problem is available to others. It may not be the exact same issue that I was seeing others have but I did solve my issue.So to describe the issue:I opened the Settings app.I clicked on Devices.I clicked on...
  7. Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer - Flashes and closes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer - Flashes and closes: Hello, I have Windows 10 1909 and when i go to: control panel - Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer the menu flashes for 1 sec and then closes. Also if i go to: start menu - settings - devices that menu also flashes for 1 sec and them closes. In...
  8. Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer - Flashes and closes

Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer - Flashes and closes: Hello, I have Windows 10 1909 and when i go to: control panel - Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer the menu flashes for 1 sec and then closes. Also if i go to: start menu - settings - devices that menu also flashes for 1 sec and them closes. In...
  9. "Add Devices" and "Add Printer" crashes

"Add Devices" and "Add Printer" crashes: I have been trying to add a wireless printer to my laptop both HP, and although the HP Smart app detects the printer, I can't add it in Settings. I can go in Settings and select Devices, but whenever I click to add a new device be it printer, bluetooth, etc. the Settings app...
  10. Add a device or add printer not working windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Add a device or add printer not working windows 10: Whenever I go to the device and printers and try to add a device the wizard flashes on and then immediately closed. I tried from the command line and got the same results. I have tried all the fixes like stopping the print spooler and such. Does anyone have this same issue?...