Windows 10: Add Device to Home Network

Discus and support Add Device to Home Network in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Added A/V Receiver to system. It is turned on when try to add to home network. "Add Device" function does not find it. Found it once and told me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Go Jo 2, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Go Jo 2 Win User

Add Device to Home Network

Added A/V Receiver to system. It is turned on when try to add to home network. "Add Device" function does not find it. Found it once and told me to wait while set up files installed for adding device. That screen stayed on for 30 minutes without change to progress display. Tried install device again and it would not find receiver.

:)

Go Jo 2, Nov 11, 2019
  2. Carnivore Win User

What is this network device?

I woke my desktop PC from sleep this morning, clicked on Network and immediately spotted a Phone in the device list that doesn't belong to anyone here (a Blu brand phone which is unusual enough that I would know about it).

I clicked on the device and was able to view the MAC address, but nothing else useful. A couple minutes later it disappeared from the network list.

Then a few minutes later I went and looked at another PC on the same home network and saw the same phone in its Network list. It also disappeared a couple minutes after I clicked open 'Network'.

Scanned both PCs with various anti-malware programs including Malwarebytes - they look clean.

Any suggestions on what I was seeing, and if it's malicious how to deal with it?

UPDATE: It popped back up again. I checked my router's connection list and don't see it there. For now I blocked the MAC address in my router but would still like to know where this is coming from.

Carnivore, Nov 11, 2019
  3. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Add Device to Home Network [​IMG]

putermaker, Nov 11, 2019
  4. Add Device to Home Network

Network will not show on the last device.

Hi James,

I suggest you to remove all the networks that are connected to your device and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

An outdated or incompatible network adapter driver can cause connection problems. If you recently upgraded to
    Windows 10, it's possible that the current driver was designed for a previous version of Windows. Check to see if an updated driver is available.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select
      Device Manager from the list of results.

• In Device Manager, select Network adapters > the network adapter name.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the network adapter, and then select Update Driver Software >
      Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select
      Close.

• After installing the updated driver, select the Start
      Add Device to Home Network [​IMG]
      button >
      Power > Restart if asked to restart, and see if that fixes the connection issue.

If Windows can’t find a new driver for your network adapter, visit the PC manufacturer’s website and download the latest network adapter driver from there. If your PC can't connect to the Internet, you'll need to download a driver on a different PC and save
    it to a USB flash drive, so you can install the driver on your PC. You’ll need to know the PC manufacturer and model name or number.

Rely us with the status to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Add Device to Home Network

1. Add Device to Home Network - Similar Threads - Add Device Home

2. Add a device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add a device: Hello, does anyone know why I keep getting a notification to "Add a device" from unknown people? Like this one in my screenshot: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-a-device/9b354173-9fd6-4839-9352-9667bd3e8254
  3. Is it possible on a home network to share an audio device?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible on a home network to share an audio device?: I recently bought my wife a Sony USB Vinyl record player and it's in the front room, It comes up as Line In, I want to know if there is a way for me to share it so that I can play the audio in the bedroom as well without having to move it....
  4. Q: Home network device Acess Problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Q: Home network device Acess Problems: Recently replaced old ASUS router for faster speed and more coverage on a home network, by installing New Asus mesh network routers RT-AX55 - AX1800 Dual Band and RT-AX58U - AX3000 Dual Band on Windows 10 Home and Pro network - with D-Link 16-Port Gigabit Switch DGS-1016A, HP...
  5. add device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    add device: I have been trying to add wireless printers on same net as computer as well as a MicrosoftDiplayAdapter to two different computers with windows 10, neither as bluetooth or miracast. The wireless printers indicated wireless on but not discovered by add device or connect by...
  6. add device!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    add device!!: hello again..... ive been trying to add my t580 samsung tablet to my laptop to no avail...ive been sitting here for 3 hours waiting and nothing has happened....help, many thanks charlotte mueller...
  7. Home Network seeing other computer/devices

Home Network seeing other computer/devices: I just installed windows 10 pro it isn't showing any of my other computers or printers 3 in total except for 1 and my Dlinks drive. One printer is connected by a 1 usb port print server the other is connected by way of the net drive (d-links) and other is connect thru...
  8. Unknown device mt7662_p2p showing in Home Network

Unknown device mt7662_p2p showing in Home Network: Recently the following device started showing up in my Home Network. It says Mediatek mt7662_p2p, but there are no other information available on the properties. I assume it could be a wireless display in one of my neighbors home, but I would expect to see some more...
  9. Unknown phone devices in my home network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown phone devices in my home network: For many months now I have been noticing unknown phone devices that keep appearing in my home network. They are most often always different but I have noticed some of the same ones reappearing. It seems like they may be bogging down my computer. I am so frustrated about...
  10. Home Network with non-Windows Devices

Home Network with non-Windows Devices: My main desktop PC is Win10 I have another Win10 system, a Laptop Then I have two Linux systems And an Android Tablet with a File Manager App. The Win 10 systems appear in their respective Network Maps, but I cannot open them: In my Main Desktop, it simply says...