Windows 10: Add device to my account/family

Discus and support Add device to my account/family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; The add device does not let me add my computer directly. Instead it asks me to login to my desktop using the email and go to Your Info in Settings and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by CheckOutWindows, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Add device to my account/family

The add device does not let me add my computer directly. Instead it asks me to login to my desktop using the email and go to Your Info in Settings and login using my email. However I did do that and it still doesn't show up.

Anybody that can help ? I am having real trouble with Microsoft family.

:)

CheckOutWindows, Apr 7, 2020

2. Microsoft Account Family Settings: There is an account in my family I didn't create

Hi Andie,

Thank you for posting your response.

We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

As per the above information, I suggest that you refer to the steps below and check if you are bale to remove the unknown account.

• Sign in at account.microsoft.com/family with your Microsoft account on any PC or device
    • Click/tap on Remove under Adults in
      Your family
    • Click/tap on the adult account you want to remove, and click/tap on Remove
    • You (adult) and all other adults in family will now get an email confirming the adult has been removed from the family

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 7, 2020
  3. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Add device to my account/family

Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Add device to my account/family

1. Add device to my account/family - Similar Threads - Add device account

2. Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family: I have recently created a family of myself and my duaghter . My wife had already another "family" with her account and my other's daughter account. Currently we are not able to unify/consolidate all four accounts 2 adults + 2 kids to one Microsoft family.I tried to invvite my...
  3. Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family: I have recently created a family of myself and my duaghter . My wife had already another "family" with her account and my other's daughter account. Currently we are not able to unify/consolidate all four accounts 2 adults + 2 kids to one Microsoft family.I tried to invvite my...
  4. Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I'm unable to add a device to my daughter's account for Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I'm unable to add a device to my daughter's account for Family Safety: I have a Win10 laptop ver 22H2, OS build 19045.3324, with my account set to Administrator. My daughter's account on the same laptop is a Standard account. Neither account is local. When I go to Settings / Account and highlight hers, I am not given the option to Add the...
  6. I'm unable to add a device to my daughter's account for Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm unable to add a device to my daughter's account for Family Safety: I have a Win10 laptop ver 22H2, OS build 19045.3324, with my account set to Administrator. My daughter's account on the same laptop is a Standard account. Neither account is local. When I go to Settings / Account and highlight hers, I am not given the option to Add the...
  7. I'm unable to add a device to my daughter's account for Family Safety

8. Can't add my child to family account

Can't add my child to family account: I have just set up a new Windows 11 PC for my child and started an MS account for him. It worked fine until he restarted the PC and now he needs my permission to sign in. He is not in my family group, so I follow the instructions to add him. It says to go to my family account...
  9. add a device to my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add a device to my account: hihow can add my computer to my accountwhen i use the function add a device on microsoft account there is only available the option to add surface or xboxi need to add a computer but i dont find the option...
  10. add a device to my account

add a device to my account: hihow can add my computer to my accountwhen i use the function add a device on microsoft account there is only available the option to add surface or xboxi need to add a computer but i dont find the option...