Windows 10: Add devices crashes windows 11 settings app

Discus and support Add devices crashes windows 11 settings app in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to connect an Xbox controller to my PC using bluetooth using a TP-Link dongle. I am running Win 11 home 22H2 build number 22621.1702Every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Looble, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Looble Win User

Add devices crashes windows 11 settings app

I am trying to connect an Xbox controller to my PC using bluetooth using a TP-Link dongle. I am running Win 11 home 22H2 build number 22621.1702Every time I try to connect the controller the "swift pair" notification appears but when I click connect... nothing.I then try to add device in settings>bluetooth and devices>devices>add device, the window opens asking me which category I want to connect but when I select one the entire settings app crashes. This also happens when the bluetooth dongle has been removed or indeed uninstalled so I'm 99.9% sure the bluetooth dongle isn't to bl

:)

Looble, Jun 9, 2023
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 9, 2023
  3. pjs5406 Win User
    Settings app crashes whenever o chose Devices category

My settings app crashes whenever I go into the devices category. After some oubleshooting I have determined that it is actually on the Bluetooth & other devices category that crashes. It just so happens that that is what opens when I chose devices. If
    I open windows ink workspaces and chose pen and windows ink settings that opens fine, as well as every other setting menu under devices. Only the Bluetooth section crashes the settings app.

I am up to date.

Run sfc sca,n chkdsk, DISM repair.

There are no usb devices attached, and the only Bluetooth device I have is a headset which is currently turned off right now, and the issue still happens. I don't have any printers installed. My thinking is that the computer is seeing some device in that
    list, and something with the driver, or that device is not working right. Problem is I cannot get in to see what it might be, and to remove everything.

I am on windows 10 home insider preview build 15031.rs2 running on a surface 3.

Any suggestions?

pjs5406, Jun 9, 2023
  4. DickGar Win User

Windows 11 update crashes settings

I just tried your suggestion. Settings app continues to crash when Optional Updates are selected or Configuration Policies are selected. I do not see any changes in the behavior of these two selections in Windows 11.

Thank you for trying,

DickGar, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

1. Add devices crashes windows 11 settings app - Similar Threads - Add devices crashes

2. add a windows 11 device to the store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add a windows 11 device to the store: How do I add a new computer running Windows 11 as a device to the Windows Store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-a-windows-11-device-to-the-store/530cf93e-8194-43e9-bf31-89212bfeb87a
  3. Add devices crashes windows 11 settings app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add devices crashes windows 11 settings app: I am trying to connect an Xbox controller to my PC using bluetooth using a TP-Link dongle. I am running Win 11 home 22H2 build number 22621.1702Every time I try to connect the controller the "swift pair" notification appears but when I click connect... nothing.I then try to...
  4. Windows 11 - UNABLE TO ADD DEVICE Setting > Bluetooth & Devices >Printers & Scanner > ADD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - UNABLE TO ADD DEVICE Setting > Bluetooth & Devices >Printers & Scanner > ADD...: When I hit Add Device Setting > Bluetooth & Devices >Printers & Scanner > ADD DEVICE the option gets greyed out and it keeps spinning. Also unable to delete old printers tried deleting from devices, from device manager and registryMy printer was working a month ago as I was...
  5. Windows 11 - UNABLE TO ADD DEVICE Setting > Bluetooth & Devices >Printers & Scanner > ADD...

Windows 11 - UNABLE TO ADD DEVICE Setting > Bluetooth & Devices >Printers & Scanner > ADD...: When I hit Add Device Setting > Bluetooth & Devices >Printers & Scanner > ADD DEVICE the option gets greyed out and it keeps spinning. Also unable to delete old printers tried deleting from devices, from device manager and registryMy printer was working a month ago as I was...
  6. Add a device for bluetooth Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a device for bluetooth Windows 11: Hi, my name is Eddis, you see, When I try to connect to a device via Bluetooth, it doesn't work, the connecting window crashes and when I close it, the settings page crashes and unable to close. I close it by the taskbarTHIS PROBLEM STARTED WHEN I UPGRADED TO MY WINDOWS 11.Am...
  7. Add a device for bluetooth Windows 11

Add a device for bluetooth Windows 11: Hi, my name is Eddis, you see, When I try to connect to a device via Bluetooth, it doesn't work, the connecting window crashes and when I close it, the settings page crashes and unable to close. I close it by the taskbarTHIS PROBLEM STARTED WHEN I UPGRADED TO MY WINDOWS 11.Am...
  8. Crash setting app while opening in window 11

Crash setting app while opening in window 11: I want to tell you that I am using windows 11 in my laptop, since 17 january 2022 , i was update my window , and after that time , setting app is not opens , when i am clicking on setting icon then its crash . kindly tell me the solution to resume as before.....
  9. "Add Devices" and "Add Printer" crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Add Devices" and "Add Printer" crashes: I have been trying to add a wireless printer to my laptop both HP, and although the HP Smart app detects the printer, I can't add it in Settings. I can go in Settings and select Devices, but whenever I click to add a new device be it printer, bluetooth, etc. the Settings app...
  10. Windows 1903 (18362.86) Add/Remove Apps settings crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 1903 (18362.86) Add/Remove Apps settings crashes: Hi, I just upgraded to Windows 1903 (18362.86) by switching my local admin account to an online account and joining the Windows Insiders program. After successfully updating, I un-enrolled from Windows Insiders and reverted to a local account. Now, the Add/Remove Apps module...