Windows 10: add disk space to drive D so that I can create image file and save

Discus and support add disk space to drive D so that I can create image file and save in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've gotten message that my D drive is out of space and run defrag, etc, to no improvement. I want to reset Win 10 to speed up my Lenovo performance,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bartmimore, Jul 21, 2019.

1. add disk space to drive D so that I can create image file and save

I've gotten message that my D drive is out of space and run defrag, etc, to no improvement. I want to reset Win 10 to speed up my Lenovo performance, and to do so, I need to add free space to the D drive, which is at 25G. I decreased space on my C drive by 25G thinking I could add it to the D drive, but the unallocated 25G shows up on the left of the D drive so expanding D is ghosted. Is there a way to move the unallocated to the right of the D drive so I can expand it (from 25G to 50G ?

Thanks, Roger

:)

Bartmimore, Jul 21, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Not enough space on Recovery (Dadd disk space to drive D so that I can create image file and save :) drive.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the following:

1. What is the make and model number of your Computer?

Please note that recovery "D" is a partition on the hard drive which contains the image of the Operating system. You can use it to restore the computer back to factory settings. You should not attempt to store files in it.
    If you have any data saved on the D drive, I would suggest you to move it to an external drive and to free up some space, you can follow the steps provided in the article:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10.

If you are using a HP computer, then you can refer to this article:
    HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - What is the Recovery (Dadd disk space to drive D so that I can create image file and save :) Hard Drive?

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Naresh_K, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Mal Gaff Win User
    I get a “Low disk space on Recovery Image” message.

* Original Title: Low disk space

I get a “Low disk space on Recovery Image” message. I erased all but one file on the D-drive but the bar still shows only 745 MB free of 18.6 GB. Any suggestions?

Mal Gaff, Jul 21, 2019
  4. jb_044 Win User

add disk space to drive D so that I can create image file and save

windows 10 disk space low on d:

I'm being sent messages every 5 minutes that my disk space is low on D drive, but there are no files listed under that drive. What is D Drive for and how do I change my account so this doesn't continue to happen?

jb_044, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

add disk space to drive D so that I can create image file and save

1. add disk space to drive D so that I can create image file and save - Similar Threads - add disk space

2. Creating Windows Image file and Save to Flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating Windows Image file and Save to Flash drive: Hi Everyone,I would like to ask if you can create windows image file and save to your flash drive / thumb drive. i know how to create system image and save it to hard drive / ssd drive. wondering if i can install it to smaller type of storage 64gb flash drive.can anyone help...
  3. Creating Windows Image file and Save to Flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating Windows Image file and Save to Flash drive: Hi Everyone,I would like to ask if you can create windows image file and save to your flash drive / thumb drive. i know how to create system image and save it to hard drive / ssd drive. wondering if i can install it to smaller type of storage 64gb flash drive.can anyone help...
  4. Should Create a Disk Image save free space on a drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should Create a Disk Image save free space on a drive?: Why is it that when I create a disk image of ssd C drive in Windows 7 the size is close to the whole disk 110 GB rather than just the used part which is 80 GB?This is even when the process says "The backup could take up to 80 GB of disk space".Thanks for any advice....
  5. Should Create a Disk Image save free space on a drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should Create a Disk Image save free space on a drive?: Why is it that when I create a disk image of ssd C drive in Windows 7 the size is close to the whole disk 110 GB rather than just the used part which is 80 GB?This is even when the process says "The backup could take up to 80 GB of disk space".Thanks for any advice....
  6. Can I save Programs to D: drive not C: drive ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I save Programs to D: drive not C: drive ?: HelloI Have my C: drive 120 GB and my D Drive 335 GBmy C: Drive is now only on 35 GB free, and this is programs aloneIs there away that I move old programs to D: drive? even if I have to uninstall them and reinstall them??Also, in PC health check, I found the following photo,...
  7. Can I save Programs to D: drive not C: drive ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I save Programs to D: drive not C: drive ?: HelloI Have my C: drive 120 GB and my D Drive 335 GBmy C: Drive is now only on 35 GB free, and this is programs aloneIs there away that I move old programs to D: drive? even if I have to uninstall them and reinstall them??Also, in PC health check, I found the following photo,...
  8. Create Disk Image File

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create Disk Image File: I have a broken-ish HDD and need to get the image of the system from it. The problem is that it has a tendency to disconnect and reset the image creation process. Are there any partitions I can omit to speed it up and have just the bare minimum? (This windows had custom MSI...
  9. How can I create extra space Disk Space on my C Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I create extra space Disk Space on my C Drive?: [ATTACH] I need extra Disk Space on my C Drive it is currently at 117 MB how can I increase it to 1 TB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-create-extra-space-disk-space-on-my-c/1f4a723f-ee42-4e52-a28f-c346f6d03341"
  10. W10: Cannot create system image and save it to storage spaces drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    W10: Cannot create system image and save it to storage spaces drive?: Hello. I'm trying to create a system image (Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore (Windows 7) -> Create a system image), however my storage spaces drive is not listed in the available selection to save the image to. Why is that and what can do about that?...