Windows 10: Add drive error windows 10 storage space

Discus and support Add drive error windows 10 storage space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Have long standing storage space which works fine but had error message saying I need to add two drives as it was running out of space. Bought a pair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rjhazeld1, Nov 26, 2019.

1. rjhazeld1 Win User

Add drive error windows 10 storage space

Have long standing storage space which works fine but had error message saying I need to add two drives as it was running out of space. Bought a pair of WD 4tb drives and installed them. They were recognised in drive manager and initialised and new simple volumes created on each. In settings pulled up Manage storage space, add drives and selected the two new drives clicked on add and got error message:-

"Can't prepare drives​

Close all applications that are accessing the drive and then try again​

The parameter is 0x00000057"​

I had just restarted the machine and had not opened any applications. How do I resolve this?​

I am using the slow ring insider build: windows 10 build 19025.vb_release.19112-1414.​

:)

rjhazeld1, Nov 26, 2019
  2. 333t Win User

How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

3. External Drive using storage spaces does not work on my new Win 10 PC?

Hi Leo,

Storage Spaces not only increase storage over time as you add drivers to your PC, it will also help you in protecting your data from drive failures. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if you were getting any error messages when trying
    to connect the external drive to your new PC. Also, can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to perform a diagnostic process on your system that will check and fix issues related to Storage Spaces. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar, then press
      Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

Furthermore, here is a link for more information about the Storage
    Spaces in Windows 10

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Add drive error windows 10 storage space

I have an HP Stream Laptop and I keep running out of storage space

Hi Jay,

If a category can't show the folders that it contains, there is a possibility that the folders are somehow hidden. To maximize your PC's storage, follow the suggested steps in these links:

If further help is needed, let us know.

Darleen Pen, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Add drive error windows 10 storage space

1. Add drive error windows 10 storage space - Similar Threads - Add drive error

2. Storage Spaces - remove/add drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces - remove/add drive: Hi,I currently have a Windows 10 PC running Enterprise edition. The PC has a storage spaces set up on it consisting of 6 x 2TB drives. It also has a m.2 with the Windows install on it.We needed to re-image the PC which we use PIXE boot for. when doing this, all the storage...
  3. Storage Spaces - remove/add drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces - remove/add drive: Hi,I currently have a Windows 10 PC running Enterprise edition. The PC has a storage spaces set up on it consisting of 6 x 2TB drives. It also has a m.2 with the Windows install on it.We needed to re-image the PC which we use PIXE boot for. when doing this, all the storage...
  4. Storage Spaces - remove/add drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Storage space doesn’t add up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage space doesn’t add up: My storage space on my pc doesn’t add up to all the space the apps say they take up plus my storage space keeps changing, my computer said I had 15gb free but when I reset my computer it said I only had 5gb free...
  6. Storage space doesn’t add up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage space doesn’t add up: My storage space on my pc doesn’t add up to all the space the apps say they take up plus my storage space keeps changing, my computer said I had 15gb free but when I reset my computer it said I only had 5gb free...
  7. How to Add Drives to Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Add Drives to Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Essentially, Storage Spaces stores two copies of your data so if one of your […] This article How to Add Drives to Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. error "No Capacity" in "Storage Spaces" with a Mirrored storage space 2 drives in mirror

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    error "No Capacity" in "Storage Spaces" with a Mirrored storage space 2 drives in mirror: I get an error message "No Capacity" in the Storage Spaces section of windows 10 with a mirrored storage space. The Storage Space is formatted in ReFS . Both drives are functioning put both drives in another computer . How can I repair this storage space ?...
  9. Storage Spaces - Add three extra drives Warning ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Spaces - Add three extra drives Warning ?: Hi I have a simple three disk parity RAID - calles Storage Space - W: drive. 3 x 1.36Gb gives me about 2.72Gb storage plus the parity bits. This storage space has about 1.47Gb of data leaving some 1.24Gb free. Storage Space Static is telling me my disks are 88%...
  10. Add Drives to Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Drives to Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: How to: Add Drives to Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 How to Add Drives to Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 [img] Information create virtual drives called storage spaces. These storage spaces typically store two copies of your data so if one...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant prepare drives 0x00000057