Windows 10: Add email app not allowing me to add any accounts at all

Discus and support Add email app not allowing me to add any accounts at all in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am trying to add email accounts to the mail app and it won't allow any emails to be added-it never comes up to any place at all that can be filled... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by DorianneinGA, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Add email app not allowing me to add any accounts at all

I am trying to add email accounts to the mail app and it won't allow any emails to be added-it never comes up to any place at all that can be filled in. I tried to sign into my microsoft account through the accounts in settings but I am having the same issue with that as well-I click the link to sign into microsoft account instead and it does nothing at all. Any suggestions? I have searched through the question forum and followed all the FAQ pages I could find but neither the mail app nor the sign in options ever advance to anything at all. Thanks!

:)

DorianneinGA, Oct 1, 2015

2. mail app

The mail app on Windows 10; it will not allow me to add an account. Not any accounts. I will open it and it will disappear before I can even click on "add account." Why does it do this? and How do I fix it? I would like my emails and calendars to be synced.

LucianaReed, Oct 1, 2015
  3. hrachao Win User
    Lumia 950 error code 0x8007054e

I have a lumia 950.

It is not retrieving emails from any of my email accounts.

When I try to add a new email account, I get the error code 0x8007054e.

When accessing settings>accounts>your email and accounts, all accounts are missing except for the outlook.

When accessing an email app>manage accounts, all accounts are still showing but it does not allow me to edit anything about them. It also gives the same error code 0x8007054e. when I try add a new account through here.

I already updated the software, checked store for updates and made software resets.

hrachao, Oct 1, 2015
Thema:

Add email app not allowing me to add any accounts at all

1. Add email app not allowing me to add any accounts at all - Similar Threads - Add email app

2. People App. Won't allow me to add accounts - suggests an account then tells me it already...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    People App. Won't allow me to add accounts - suggests an account then tells me it already...: I realisethat having a file with a few email addresses is harder than quantum mechanics or discovering the Higgs Boson, but how do I get the People app to get my contacts? I can't add them from the windows Mail app.I can't add email accounts to the People app.I have reset...
  3. People App. Won't allow me to add accounts - suggests an account then tells me it already...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People App. Won't allow me to add accounts - suggests an account then tells me it already...: I realisethat having a file with a few email addresses is harder than quantum mechanics or discovering the Higgs Boson, but how do I get the People app to get my contacts? I can't add them from the windows Mail app.I can't add email accounts to the People app.I have reset...
  4. I can't add Email account to Mail app.

I can't add Email account to Mail app.: I can't add my Email account to Mail app. Error code: 0x80070490 as the picture below.I've tried 2 times reset window, but nothing changed.I install "Kaspersky Anti-Virus", scan and the result is safe. I found out that if I turn it on , there will be a dialogue as below. If I...
  5. Can not add email account

Can not add email account: Using Windows 10. Have had an AOL email account set up on this machine for years with standard imap settings. This past week windows started throwing errors - having problems in both office 365 outlook desktop edition as well as windows Mail. in Email & Accounts setting I...
  6. Can't add an email account to Windows mail app

Can't add an email account to Windows mail app: I cannot add another email in the mail app. I go through the steps but Windows gets stuck on this screen. I've left it for hours but it does not make any progress. Thank you in advance. [ATTACH]...
  7. Unable to delete or add any email account in Windows 10

Unable to delete or add any email account in Windows 10: i can't delete or add any email account in Mail app or in Settings. in mail app ,i opened "Manage Account" and click my mail account or click add account but nothinghappened. in settings too,i click add account but stillnothing happened. i tried to clear all data of the...
  8. Default apps does not allow me to add custom program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default apps does not allow me to add custom program: When I attempt to change the default app for a certain file extension, like .bat, it has no suggestions, and just gives one option that says "Look for an app in the Microsoft Store". What moron at Microsoft thought it was a good idea to remove the option to browse for a...
  9. Microsoft Mail and Calendar isn't allowing me to add ANY account.

Microsoft Mail and Calendar isn't allowing me to add ANY account.: I've done all the updating and resetting and everything else works fine so don't tell me to do any updates and so forth. Yet the app hangs at the moment when after I gave in the email and password and it moves on to "adding account". It freezes at that moment and never works....
  10. Cannot add email accounts

Cannot add email accounts: Hi I’m just setting up a new system and have hit a problem, i can’t add any email accounts to the standard windows 10 app, when i hit the add account button all i get is a blue box appear with no options. I have reset the app but it makes no difference, anyone have any...