Windows 10: Add Everything Search to the Windows Taskbar for even faster searches

Discus and support Add Everything Search to the Windows Taskbar for even faster searches in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Everything Search is without doubt one of the fastest search tools that is available for the Windows operating system. It is a lot faster than the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Oct 9, 2020.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Add Everything Search to the Windows Taskbar for even faster searches

Everything Search is without doubt one of the fastest search tools that is available for the Windows operating system. It is a lot faster than the built-in Windows Search tool as it returns results nearly instantly, and supports lots of customization options to optimize searches.

To name just a few features: in-content search options, support for complex queries, RegEx, Bookmarks, Folder indexing options, and support for custom searches.

Add Everything Search to the Windows Taskbar for even faster searches everythingtoolbar-search-windows-taskbar.png

EverythingToolbar is an open source program that adds Everything Search to the Windows Taskbar. You get a search field on the taskbar once everything is set up to type your searches directly from the taskbar.

Attention: Note that EverythingToolbar requires Everything, and that the search program needs to run in the background for the toolbar search functionality to work. The installer is compatible with Windows 10 and requires the .NET Framework 4.7 according to the system requirements.

Setup and configuration of Everything Search on the Windows Taskbar

Setup requires a couple of steps.

1. The first thing you need to ensure is that Everything Search is running in the background. You can run a portable version or install it to automate the process as it is set to start with Windows by default. You can download the files from the official Voidtools site. Everything is available as a 32-bit and 64-bit version.
    2. Download the latest EverythingToolbar release from the GitHub repository.
    3. Extract the zip archive to your system.
    4. Open the folder of the archive, right-click on the install.cmd file and select "Run as Administrator" to install the toolbar. You can check the script first by loading it in a plain text editor such as Notepad.
      1. Attention: You may get a Windows Smartscreen error.
    5. The installer opens a command prompt window to display the final status of the installation. Just close that window.
    6. Right-click on the Windows Taskbar (a free space) and select Task Manager.
    7. Restart the Explorer.exe process in the Task Manager by selecting it and then the restart button.
    8. Right-click on the taskbar and disable "Lock the taskbar" to allow moving items around on the taskbar.
    9. Right-click on the taskbar again and select Toolbars > Everything Toolbar to add the new toolbar to the Windows taskbar.
    10. Increase or decrease the size of the search field, and move it around, e.g. to the left side.
    11. Right-click on the taskbar and enable the Lock the taskbar option.

You can uninstall the toolbar at any time by right-clicking on the uninstall.cmd file in the EverythingToolbar folder and selecting the "run as administrator" option.

Searches work as fast as in Everything Search; you may notice that the default listing is of limited use, as it only displays file or folder names, and modification dates. If you get multiple filenames of the same name, you may not be able to distinguish between them.

Add Everything Search to the Windows Taskbar for even faster searches everything-search-options.png

Right-click on the EverythingToolbar and activate the "Detailed View" option to add path information to the results listing.

You may also enable the following options:

• Regular Expressions
    • Match Case
    • Match Path
    • Match Whole World
    • Sort by

Most search parameters come from Everything Search directly, e.g. which files, locations and data gets indexed.

Closing Words

Adding Everything Search to the Windows 10 taskbar may appeal to users who use the search tool regularly. You could also set up a keyboard shortcut to trigger the program window whenever you need it, but options are always fine. Windows Search continues to function, and it sits on top of the taskbar.

EverythingToolbar offers a good option for Everything Search users to integrate the search functionality deeper into Windows.

Now You: do you use a third-party search tool on Windows? (via Deskmodder)

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Add Everything Search to the Windows Taskbar for even faster searches appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Oct 9, 2020

2. Taskbar search

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly send us a screenshot and provide more details by answering the following questions:

• When you say "taskbar search function", do you mean the Start menu search field?
    • Are you getting any error messages upon accessing the taskbar search?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the System file checker and DISM tool to fix issues with corrupted system files that may be causing the issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type or copy these commands followed by hitting Enter:

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Do let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Oct 9, 2020
  3. I_askYou Win User
    Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Oct 9, 2020
  4. D. Joe Win User

Taskbar search

Did not do anything to help. The search in File Explorer works fine. The first and last screen shot shows a search leading to no results but the file explorer finds them just fine. The last one shows my indexing options.

Thank you

PS: can't get the screenshots to upload....

D. Joe, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Add Everything Search to the Windows Taskbar for even faster searches - Similar Threads - Add Everything Search

2. The search dialog is white but everything else including the search BAR on the taskbar is dark.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The search dialog is white but everything else including the search BAR on the taskbar is dark.: I have tried restarting my PC, changing old personalization settings and uninstalling latest updates, but it did not help. I also could not find "WhiteSearchBox" in my registry....
  3. The search dialog is white but everything else including the search BAR on the taskbar is dark.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The search dialog is white but everything else including the search BAR on the taskbar is dark.: I have tried restarting my PC, changing old personalization settings and uninstalling latest updates, but it did not help. I also could not find "WhiteSearchBox" in my registry....
  4. The search dialog is white but everything else including the search BAR on the taskbar is dark.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Replace Windows Search with Everything Search/Anytxt Search

in Cortana
    Replace Windows Search with Everything Search/Anytxt Search: In Explorer when you want to look for something, it uses Windows Search which is very slow. I've looked at Everything Search and Anytxt Search which are faster but are not integrated into Explorer. Is there any way I can force explorer to use their search instead and show the...
  6. Replace Windows Search with Everything Search/Anytxt Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replace Windows Search with Everything Search/Anytxt Search: In Explorer when you want to look for something, it uses Windows Search which is very slow. I've looked at Everything Search and Anytxt Search which are faster but are not integrated into Explorer. Is there any way I can force explorer to use their search instead and show the...
  7. Replace Windows Search with Everything Search/Anytxt Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows Store, Search bar, Cortana, calendar on taskbar, Windows Search is not working even...

in Cortana
    Windows Store, Search bar, Cortana, calendar on taskbar, Windows Search is not working even...: My Windows Store and search bar cannot work for a long time I forgot when the problem occured, and recently I found that I can't use my calendar on taskbar, it won't show up after I clicked it. Then I started realise the problem is getting serious. I am sorry for my poor...
  9. Firefox Search shortcuts rolling out for Searching Made Faster

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Search shortcuts rolling out for Searching Made Faster: Search is one of the most common activities that people do whenever they go online. At Mozilla, we are always looking for ways to streamline that experience to make it fast, easy and convenient for our users.Our Firefox browser provides a variety of options for people to...
  10. How to add search bar into taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add search bar into taskbar?: Hi everyone,I want to add searchbar into taskbar.Here is an example. [img] 46837