Windows 10: Add exclusions for game process and folders or turn off real time protection ?

Discus and support Add exclusions for game process and folders or turn off real time protection ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have had an issue with Borderlands The Pre-sequel crashing. I have tried all the suggestions given by Gearbox software support and all failed except... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dwarf Bee, May 18, 2020.

1. Dwarf Bee Win User

Add exclusions for game process and folders or turn off real time protection ?

I have had an issue with Borderlands The Pre-sequel crashing. I have tried all the

suggestions given by Gearbox software support and all failed except the last one

which was to disable Windows Defender real time protection while gaming.

Now the game is stable and there are no more crashes, but I do not want to have

my system unprotected while gaming.

So what is the best way to remedy this situation?

I can add an exclusion for the BorderlandsPreSequel.exe file and another exclusion

for the process, do I need both? what if any folders should be excluded?

:)

Dwarf Bee, May 18, 2020
  2. OjasP Win User

Add exclusion to Windows defender from Real-time protection only

How do I add exclusions to file/folders from real-time protection only? I would like these files/folders to be scanned on scheduled scans but exclude from real-time protection. I know that other antiviruses have that option, I can't seem to find that for Windows Defender.

When adding them under "Exclusions" the description says that Defender will not scan the items in exclusions list. Here's the
    description of Exclusions

OjasP, May 18, 2020
  3. ChrisW Win User
    Is "real time protection" on Windows affected by the configured Exclusion list?

I want to disable "real time protection" for certain folders on Windows 10.

Will adding to the Windows Defender Exclusion settings do that?

Or must I also edit a group policy to disable "real time protection" altogether?

This post -- Speedup WSL by disabling Windows Real-time protection -- implies that the Exclusion list is not sufficient. It says,

ChrisW, May 18, 2020
  4. adonis08 Win User

Windows Defender Real Time Protection

I did all the step and delete the MsMpEng.exe but still it doesn't turn on Real Time Protection any suggestion please??

adonis08, May 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Add exclusions for game process and folders or turn off real time protection ? - Similar Threads - Add exclusions game

2. My real time Protection not turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My real time Protection not turning off: I try to off the setting from 2 days. it's not working. can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-real-time-protection-not-turning-off/cac0998f-f3ab-4f69-8a61-a9730b39a465
  3. Cannot turn off real time protection

Cannot turn off real time protection: I wanted to turn off real time protection so i can run a script, but when i disable it turns back on instantly. I tried removing it with local group policy but apparently i dont have it installed so i tried multiple other ways but nothing seems to work. All the other settings...
  4. Can't turn off real-time protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't turn off real-time protection: I can't turn off the real-time protection or other options in Virus $ threat protection settings. I tried to use gpedit but didn't work either. I realized that I can't use some other functions like protection history still see the list of actions, but can't interact or...
  5. Can't turn off real-time protection

Can't turn off real-time protection: I can't turn off the real-time protection or other options in Virus $ threat protection settings. I tried to use gpedit but didn't work either. I realized that I can't use some other functions like protection history still see the list of actions, but can't interact or...
  6. Can't turn off real-time protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Real time protection unable to be turned off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Real time protection unable to be turned off.: I'm trying to turn off the real time portection, when i flick the on switch to the off position, it automaticly goes back to the on switch.There are also ''this setting is managed by your administrator.'' on the other 3 security buttons....
  8. Real time protection unable to be turned off.

Real time protection unable to be turned off.: I'm trying to turn off the real time portection, when i flick the on switch to the off position, it automaticly goes back to the on switch.There are also ''this setting is managed by your administrator.'' on the other 3 security buttons....
  9. Permanently turning off Real-Time Protection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Permanently turning off Real-Time Protection: I'm tired of how much it's taking for my CPU. it's slowing down my computer sometimes at the worst time. Make it BETTER TO NOT DRAIN MY CPU, or tell me how to turn it off or set it to some special setting that's helluva lot easier to manage. I can't even permanently turn it...
  10. Real-time protection, turn off and stay off?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Real-time protection, turn off and stay off?: Hi How do I turn Real-Time Protection OFF so it will stay off, also after a reboot? Windows 10 Pro, version 1803, build 17134.228...