Windows 10: Add Exclusions

Discus and support Add Exclusions in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am in windows security, Virus & threat protection. According to windows it should have an option to manage settings(but it doesn't) then under... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TomMarchisello, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Add Exclusions

I am in windows security, Virus & threat protection. According to windows it should have an option to manage settings(but it doesn't) then under Exclusions there is suppose to be an option to add or remove exclusions(but there's not. Need help please.

:)

TomMarchisello, Mar 10, 2019
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Unable to Remove Exclusions from Windows Defender

Thank you for posting back. If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Defender Antivirus has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Defender Antivirus from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to
    the exclusion list. It seems that it was added automatically. We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and select Update & security.
    • Click Windows Defender.
    • Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion.
    • Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.

If the steps provided did not work, we recommend that you boot your device to
    Safe Mode
    and redo the process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Exclusions

An exclusion is a way to keep (deny) certain files and/or folders from being scanned by your anti-virus or anti-malware scanner. This is typically accomplished by changing settings...adding a file or folder to the software's exclusion
    list so the scanning engine will ignore it. Reasons for excluding a file are to prevent potential conflicts with your anti-virus, eliminate

false positive
    detection's of a legitimate file and to speed up the scanning process.

quietman7 - MVP, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Add Exclusions

Need exclusion for Defender Exploit Guard Network Protection

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and efforts to work on this issue.

However, please reply with the following details:

• Do you get any error message when launching the applications?
    • Which update was installed on the computer?
    • What happens when you add the exclusion?

To add an exclusion in Windows Defender please follow the steps from the article

Add an exclusion to Windows Security

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Add Exclusions

1. Add Exclusions - Similar Threads - Add Exclusions

2. Add rocket league to exclusions from Microsoft Defender Anti-virus scans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add rocket league to exclusions from Microsoft Defender Anti-virus scans: I'm adding rocket league to the exclusions from Microsoft defender anti-virus scan. I click add an exclusion, then I select the rocket league app and click open. After that, It doesn't show up in the exclusions. When I try to run the game, the anti-virus still blocks rocket...
  3. Add rocket league to exclusions from Microsoft Defender Anti-virus scans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add rocket league to exclusions from Microsoft Defender Anti-virus scans: I'm adding rocket league to the exclusions from Microsoft defender anti-virus scan. I click add an exclusion, then I select the rocket league app and click open. After that, It doesn't show up in the exclusions. When I try to run the game, the anti-virus still blocks rocket...
  4. Add rocket league to exclusions from Microsoft Defender Anti-virus scans

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How do I add exclusions if IT Administration is preventing me to do so, how to bypass IT...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add exclusions if IT Administration is preventing me to do so, how to bypass IT...: How do I bypass IT Administration so I can add Exclusions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-exclusions-if-it-administration-is/016030b5-c03c-4579-aadd-3be3e02cac5d
  6. How do I add exclusions if IT Administration is preventing me to do so, how to bypass IT...

How do I add exclusions if IT Administration is preventing me to do so, how to bypass IT...: How do I bypass IT Administration so I can add Exclusions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-exclusions-if-it-administration-is/016030b5-c03c-4579-aadd-3be3e02cac5d
  7. How do I add exclusions if IT Administration is preventing me to do so, how to bypass IT...

8. Can't add an exclusion for windows defender

Can't add an exclusion for windows defender: i'm trying to add an exclusion for a file however it won't show up i even checked registery editor and it is not there at all. What can i do to fix this problem?...
  9. Can't add an exclusion for windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add an exclusion for windows defender: i'm trying to add an exclusion for a file however it won't show up i even checked registery editor and it is not there at all. What can i do to fix this problem?...
  10. Can't add an exclusion for windows defender