Windows 10: Add .exe or .msi packages to be installed (Windows ICD)

Discus and support Add .exe or .msi packages to be installed (Windows ICD) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Forgive me if I sound totally stupid for asking this but how do I use ICD to add apps such as MS Office 365, Chrome etc using Windows ICD because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tomjw, Aug 10, 2016.

1. tomjw Win User

Add .exe or .msi packages to be installed (Windows ICD)

Forgive me if I sound totally stupid for asking this but how do I use ICD to add apps such as MS Office 365, Chrome etc using Windows ICD because I can't find anything on search engines and the only option I can see allows .appx files and app bundles only.

Please point me in the right direction? I am trying to create an image to use at work which will reduce our setup time.

:)

tomjw, Aug 10, 2016

2. Windows 10 V 1703 ICD

I am studying the 70-698 course using the Installing and Configuring Windows 10 book by Bettany and Warren. On page 88 there is a procedure to deploy a device driver using the ICD software. I have downloaded the ADK V 1703 which includes the ICD. In the
    procedure they say to use the 'New Provisioning Package'. However that option is not available in my ICD. Can anyone tell me why, and if there is a way to get it?

Thanks and regards

P

PeterChallis58, Aug 10, 2016
  3. I can't update or uninstall iTunes on windows 10

I cannot update or uninstall iTunes on windows 10 because it keeps coming up that the installation package 'iTunes6464.msi' cannot be not found, when I tried to reinstall iTunes, the installation package 'iTunes6464.exe' comes up,does anyone know where
    the installation package is or have any other solutions, I have tried everything, the current version of iTunes I have is 12.2.2.25

GemmaPinto, Aug 10, 2016
  4. Add .exe or .msi packages to be installed (Windows ICD)

manish9009, Aug 10, 2016
  5. tomjw Win User
    I looked at that video, and it was very helpful but it didn't show me how to add any applications.

I am asking how I get the image to install applications such as Office, Skype for Business, Chrome, Adobe Reader etc. The only option I can see allows for modern windows apps only. (.appx)

tomjw, Aug 10, 2016
  6. jmayer168 Win User
    Try this out:
    Install a Win32 app using a provisioning package - Windows 10 hardware dev

I've only gotten it to work correctly a couple times but it's probably what you want. If you can't get it to work you can also drop all the install files in a folder so they're waiting for you.

jmayer168, Sep 14, 2016
  7. Haxcid Win User
    WICD is not designed for this. What is your end goal, is this for just personal use or are you trying to mass deploy?There are far easier ways if you are looking for mass deployment. If this is just for personal use, it is a lot of work for the little bit of time you save. Also apps differ from programs. Chrome, office, etc. are programs where anything you get from MS Store is an app. Makes a difference when searching for help on this subject.

Haxcid, Sep 21, 2016
  8. Haxcid Win User

WICD is not designed for this. What is your end goal, is this for just personal use or are you trying to mass deploy?There are far easier ways if you are looking for mass deployment. If this is just for personal use, it is a lot of work for the little bit of time you save.

Haxcid, Sep 21, 2016
  9. tomjw Win User
    I was looking at this in order to mass deploy, however we have since looked into other options that are more viable.

tomjw, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Add .exe or .msi packages to be installed (Windows ICD) - Similar Threads - Add exe msi

2. .msi extension "Window Installer Package" Can they be removed or not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .msi extension "Window Installer Package" Can they be removed or not: I need to cleanup disk space and these are large files.Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msi-extension-window-installer-package-can-they-be/c62f72c6-b5e2-4346-91d9-a8fcaad4c314
  3. .msi extension "Window Installer Package" Can they be removed or not

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .msi extension "Window Installer Package" Can they be removed or not: I need to cleanup disk space and these are large files.Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msi-extension-window-installer-package-can-they-be/c62f72c6-b5e2-4346-91d9-a8fcaad4c314
  4. .msi extension "Window Installer Package" Can they be removed or not

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Install .exe app with Provision package

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install .exe app with Provision package: Hi,Has anyone had success using provisioning package to install .exe application before? It seems to work with .msi apps but never or so with .exe. Any suggestion would help!!Thank you so much, Alan...
  6. Disable installing software with exe and msi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable installing software with exe and msi: I have a Windows 10 PC (pro) and it's a shared PC at home. I have only 1 account on it and it's shared with the family. The main user is at administrator level and is only the main account we use. I could setup 3 accounts: 2 as a standard user and keep 1 as the...
  7. Disable installing software with exe and msi

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable installing software with exe and msi: I have a Windows 10 PC (pro) and it's a shared PC at home. I have only 1 account on it and it's shared with the family. The main user is at administrator level and is only the main account we use. I could setup 3 accounts: 2 as a standard user and keep 1 as the...
  8. exe. files and installation packages cannot be

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    exe. files and installation packages cannot be: greetings dear community, two days ago, I got myself a new laptop for gaming. this is not a brand new laptop, but a second hand one like new. so later I tried to install bitdefender total security on it. it would download fully, but everytime it tries to decompress the...
  9. Powershell command for installing exe and msi

in Windows 10 Support
    Powershell command for installing exe and msi: Can someone help me with powershell commands for installing some exe and msi files from a pendrive? I have apps like Cisco Jabber (MSI), Cisco AnyConnect (exe), Dell Command Update (MSI), and Webex Teams(MSI) I need to add to my powershell script to automatically install the...
  10. msi package cannot be installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    msi package cannot be installed: When I try to install any msi-based program (in my case VirtualBox but also 7zip) I get following error messages: "the system could not open the specified device or file." and then "the installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. icd add package