Windows 10: add file explorer to taskbar

Discus and support add file explorer to taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am new to this forum. I have a custom computer, ECS A780GM-A motherboard, 6 GB of ram AMD CPU, 2.6 GHz tricore. I am currently upgraded to Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rfcomptech, Jan 26, 2016.

1. add file explorer to taskbar

I am new to this forum. I have a custom computer, ECS A780GM-A motherboard, 6 GB of ram AMD CPU, 2.6 GHz tricore.
    I am currently upgraded to Windows 10 and learning my way around it. My question is can I add file explorer to the task bar and if so how do I go about doing it?

:)

rfcomptech, Jan 26, 2016

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Jan 26, 2016
  3. Rafisher1 Win User
    Add location to Open File Explorer to: list

Searching the Internet for a solution the best I found was to create a shortcut for explorer.exe, add the open to switch to the properties, and then pin the shortcut to the taskbar.

I am hoping for a more elegant way than this as it opens an additional unpinned File Explorer Icon to the taskbar when clicked on, which junks up the task bar.

My solution would be to add a desired location to the dropdown box in File Explorer Options>General Tab>Open File Explorer to: in addition to This PC and Quick Access.

So - how to do this?

Rafisher1, Jan 26, 2016
  4. caperjack Win User

add file explorer to taskbar

hello and welcome to tenforums ,it should already be there , yellow folder with some blue on it, sort of like this one,, if it not there open windows start, and file explore will be there maybe .right click on and go to More ,and choose pin to taskbar, if it not there hit the windows icon ,and type file explorer .it should show in the list ,right click it and add to taskbar ,, so many way to get it ,good luck

caperjack, Jan 26, 2016
  5. Do you mean left click, cause when I right click on it it opens, when I right click a menu opens and says pin to start and under more it says don't show in this list.

rfcomptech, Jan 27, 2016
  6. caperjack Win User
    well someone must have switched your mouse buttons around ,its always been right to access and left to open for me,, but as long as it works all is good.

caperjack, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

add file explorer to taskbar

1. add file explorer to taskbar - Similar Threads - add file explorer

2. Cannot Add New Files on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Add New Files on File Explorer: I must have changed a setting, but I now cannot right click and add sub directories to my files on File explorer. The option is missing. Can anyone help?...
  3. File explorer and taskbar style

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer and taskbar style: Immediately after I installed the latest Windows update as of the time of creation of this post, my file explorer and my taskbar look as the following screenshot.The file explorer looks very odd, with large spacing and margins, and the taskbar has wide icons.I tried...
  4. Windows/File Explorer on Taskbar

Windows/File Explorer on Taskbar: I have windows explorer pinned to my taskbar. For some reason when i open the folder or open a new window it generates another icon on the taskbar. See below [ATTACH][ATTACH] If somebody can help please let me know Thanks...
  5. Taskbar icons for File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar icons for File Explorer: I've always kept File Explorer (Windows Explorer) pinned to my taskbar, and the familiar 'folder' icon made it quick and easy to find and click. With Windows 10, this icon now changes, depending on what kind of folder I'm looking through. For example, if I'm looking at my...
  6. FILE EXPLORER ADDS SYMBOLS TO FILE NAMES

FILE EXPLORER ADDS SYMBOLS TO FILE NAMES: Hi - hope someone can help. I was unable to get most of my photos to open and now I'm having the same problem with all files. The files I had named, such as,APPLE PIE, now reads ._APPLE PIE. In Photos, the icons and names of these files is usually faded and a message says...
  7. Pin File Explorer to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin File Explorer to Taskbar: I have gone through all of the recommended steps for pinning File Explorer to the task bar and nothing works. Any suggestions as to why this is happening? [Original Title: File Explorer]...
  8. Add or Remove File Explorer on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove File Explorer on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove File Explorer on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove File Explorer on Taskbar in Windows 10 File Explorer (Win+E), previously known as Windows Explorer, is a file manager application that is included with Windows 10. File Explorer is...
  9. Add Recent Places/Folders to File Explorer taskbar Jump List

in Windows 10 Support
    Add Recent Places/Folders to File Explorer taskbar Jump List: I've read almost all the threads related to this subject. I would like the right-click jump list on the file explorer icon in the taskbar to show a Recent Folders section. I don't want Frequent Folders. I don't want Recent Files I'm not trying to pin "Recent...
  10. file explorer not in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer not in taskbar: This is the second time I have posted about the same problem. I can't move file explorer to the task bar. I tried to move it by right clicking on start, then left click on file explorer the menu I get that way just says "pin to start" and more, when I click on more all that...