Windows 10: add File Viewer Plus icon to desktop

Discus and support add File Viewer Plus icon to desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I add the File Viewer Plus icon to desktop? I can't find the actual app on my computer and when you open File Explorer by itself it does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sbmerk44, Mar 10, 2021.

1. sbmerk44 Win User

add File Viewer Plus icon to desktop

How do I add the File Viewer Plus icon to desktop? I can't find the actual app on my computer and when you open File Explorer by itself it does not display wmf files as thumbnails. It can be pinned to task bar but there is no option to pin to desktop. If it gets unpinned to task bar how do I open the app?

:)

sbmerk44, Mar 10, 2021

2. File Viewer Plus 3

Hi Ey88

If you downloaded File Viewer Plus 3 from the Microsoft Store, you won't find that in Control Panel - Programs and Features, because it is a Store App

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Apps and in the resulting list, that is where you can uninstall that from

However, there should be no need to re-install that application, find a .xesc file on your PC, right click that and choose Properties

On the resulting dialog, click 'Change' then on the resulting list you should be able to set File Viewer Plus 3 as the default

DaveM121 (2), Mar 10, 2021
  3. BettyEAM Win User
    task viewer icon(virtual desktop)

I have the same problem. The task viewer icon was there but is now gone. I have gone through the steps you listed but no viewer. Then I created a new profile and the task viewer is there. Now, how do I get the task viewer back in my taskbar in my
    original profile??

BettyEAM, Mar 10, 2021
  4. add File Viewer Plus icon to desktop

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

add File Viewer Plus icon to desktop

1. add File Viewer Plus icon to desktop - Similar Threads - add File Viewer

2. Refund request File Viewer Plus

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Refund request File Viewer Plus: Hi MICROSOFT. I bought the file viewer plus program from online today to open a '.bas file'. The alert of trial version had said it would do this and I need to upgrade for open '.bas' extension file. But it didn't work at all. I have no reason to maintain this. I would like a...
  3. File Viewer plus Order 4389701980 - WHERE IS IT????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Viewer plus Order 4389701980 - WHERE IS IT????: Paid for File Viewer Plus all versions. Cannot use it because I can't find the activation code. AND I cannot find the order on Microsoft's website, nor any means by which to communicate with MS. Help!...
  4. File Viewer plus Order 4389701980 - WHERE IS IT????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Viewer plus Order 4389701980 - WHERE IS IT????: Paid for File Viewer Plus all versions. Cannot use it because I can't find the activation code. AND I cannot find the order on Microsoft's website, nor any means by which to communicate with MS. Help!...
  5. File Viewer Plus Scam --

File Viewer Plus Scam --: File Viewer Plus: You offered this on your Microsoft store as a recommended software. As a matter of fact, it was one of if not the first alternative provided. Shame on you.It's basically a virus. If you don't buy it, it will not uninstall -- blocking another workable program...
  6. File Viewer Plus Scam --

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File Viewer Plus Scam --: File Viewer Plus: You offered this on your Microsoft store as a recommended software. As a matter of fact, it was one of if not the first alternative provided. Shame on you.It's basically a virus. If you don't buy it, it will not uninstall -- blocking another workable program...
  7. File Viewer Plus 3

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Viewer Plus 3: As Windows Media Player cannot open ".xesc" video files, therefore I downloaded and installed this software for opening ".xesc" video files. After installing this software in my PC, it asked me whether I would open ".xesc" files by Windows Media Player or this software and...
  8. FILE VIEWER PLUS

FILE VIEWER PLUS: Hi MICROSOFT. I bought the file viewer plus program from online today to open a .rpy file to convert it to a media file to watch on the computer. The ads you had said it would do this. No way ,cant recognize this type of file. So I HAVE WASTED my $45 AUD and would like a...
  9. how to add an icon to the desktop? (September 2020)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to add an icon to the desktop? (September 2020): Has anyone been able to add a new icon to the desktop (that wasn't part of program install process)??? Ever since the most recent update (this post is as of September 5, 2020), I haven't been able to add an icon to the desktop. This is very stupid and frustrating. I miss the...
  10. Add App icon in Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add App icon in Desktop: how to you put an app icon on desktop [Original Title: Desktop] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/add-app-icon-in-desktop/c6c0d6ae-5301-411f-b72e-c2da93a0c2ac