Windows 10: Add Files to a Window USB Drive

Discus and support Add Files to a Window USB Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 32GB USB Drive. I want to make my USB a Window Installer drive then add just add some driver installer files. Will it work?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DuyDinhHoang, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Add Files to a Window USB Drive

I have 32GB USB Drive. I want to make my USB a Window Installer drive then add just add some driver installer files. Will it work?

:)

DuyDinhHoang, Oct 25, 2021
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Oct 25, 2021
  3. 7.62 Win User
    Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

USB drive doesnt show up, even after a format through windows (XP)

Any suggestions?

4. Lazzer408 Win User

Add Files to a Window USB Drive

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Oct 25, 2021
Thema:

Add Files to a Window USB Drive

1. Add Files to a Window USB Drive - Similar Threads - Add Files Window

2. USB Drive not showing files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Drive not showing files: I bought a USB Drive and I moved some files into it. When I try checking the files, the flash is always empty but it still records that some memory is in use. I've formatted several times and I still can keep a file in it....
  3. USB Drive not showing files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Drive not showing files: I bought a USB Drive and I moved some files into it. When I try checking the files, the flash is always empty but it still records that some memory is in use. I've formatted several times and I still can keep a file in it....
  4. saving file to usb drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    saving file to usb drive: how does one save a file to a usb drive?I need the steps to do this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-file-to-usb-drive/0c02292a-7d2f-412d-885d-7da2031e7afd
  5. saving file to usb drive

saving file to usb drive: how does one save a file to a usb drive?I need the steps to do this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-file-to-usb-drive/0c02292a-7d2f-412d-885d-7da2031e7afd
  6. Add Files to a Window USB Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Files to a Window USB Drive: I have 32GB USB Drive. I want to make my USB a Window Installer drive then add just add some driver installer files. Will it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-files-to-a-window-usb-drive/b949ff46-d6ce-42b7-8458-474bed7a5acf
  7. Add Files to a Window USB Drive

Add Files to a Window USB Drive: I have 32GB USB Drive. I want to make my USB a Window Installer drive then add just add some driver installer files. Will it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-files-to-a-window-usb-drive/b949ff46-d6ce-42b7-8458-474bed7a5acf
  8. Add an external drive to File History

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Add an external drive to File History: Windows 10 1909 I've added an external data drive to my system, and would like the files to be backed up using File History. It doesn't seem to matter if I select the drive, or individual folders on the drive, back up data never shows up. Is this something File History...
  9. File Systems on USB Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Systems on USB Drives: Is there an article that explains file systems (NTFS, FAT32, exFAT), their pros and cons, and conversions among them on USB drives? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-systems-on-usb-drives/70de07e1-8bfe-4abe-9708-4a8ae0f795cf"
  10. Unable to add a drive for File History

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to add a drive for File History: I'm having trouble setting the windows 10 file history drive. The drive I'm trying to use is Y: on disk 4 in the disk management image attached, which shares a 4TB hdd with another two partitions. It uses GPT and is a dynamic disk. All partitions are formatted as NTFS. When I...