Windows 10: Add font display issues to the growing number of Windows 10 version 1809 issues

Discus and support Add font display issues to the growing number of Windows 10 version 1809 issues in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Reports are coming in (via Windows Latest) that users who upgraded their devices running Windows 10 to the October 2018 Update -- Windows 10 version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 8, 2018.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Add font display issues to the growing number of Windows 10 version 1809 issues

Reports are coming in (via Windows Latest) that users who upgraded their devices running Windows 10 to the October 2018 Update -- Windows 10 version 1809 -- may face yet another issue.

The issue at hand this time is display related. Machines affected by the issue display garbled or entirely unreadable text.

The screenshot below shows how the Settings application may look like on a system that is affected by the bug.

Add font display issues to the growing number of Windows 10 version 1809 issues font-issue-windows-10-1809.png

Errors seem to have appeared first in the Foobar 2000 application but it did not take long before users reported that fonts were broken in web browsers such as Chrome or internal system applications such as the Settings application.

The most likely explanation for the garbled font issue is that it is a font fallback issue. Windows uses font fallback options when it cannot display a certain glyph because of the font that is used.

Basically, when Windows can't use the default font to display a glyph on the screen it uses a fallback instead.

The issue appeared in Windows 10 version 1809, the new feature update, on affected machines and did not exist in previous versions of Windows.

Some users reported that they fixed the issue by installing the latest graphics drivers on the machine. Intel users may head over to the Intel website to download the latest drivers for the integrated graphics adapter. AMD and Nvidia drivers are available as well.

It appears that the installation of the latest video card driver updates the font usage of the Windows 10 operating system as well; at least that is what is reported by users who fixed affected machines by updating video card drivers on the PCs.

Microsoft's new feature update Windows 10 version 1809 is plagued by a number of bugs including serious ones that may lead to data loss during use or after the upgrade to the new version. Some users who did update to the new version before Microsoft pulled it reported audio issues and bluescreens as well.

Closing Words

The number of machines that were upgraded to Windows 10 before Microsoft pulled the release is unknown but it is likely not very large when compared to the number of all Windows 10 devices. One has to wonder if the full release of the operating system will increase the number of serious bugs further.

Users are advised to create a system backup of the operating system before they upgrade. Those who are in no hurry to upgrade are advised to wait a month at the very least before they start the upgrade.

Now You: What is your take on the whole bug situation?

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon. Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Add font display issues to the growing number of Windows 10 version 1809 issues appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 8, 2018

2. Windows 10 Creators Update fonts issue

Still broken for the Creators Fall Update, it seems...

Symptoms we see in Word for custom installed fonts are:

• Fonts not displaying correctly in the Fonts list.
    • Using a font causes the "Insufficient disk space or memory..." error.

Custom fonts do not appear in the system Fonts folder, and some standard fonts are greyed out. Attempts to reinstall custom fonts indicate they are already installed.

Wordpad: custom fonts are invisible in the fonts list. They can be selected by typing their name, but the font type does not display correctly.

Suggested workarounds have been tried with no success. We're really hoping Microsoft will prioritize this issue, as the media company I work at uses custom fonts heavily.

As mentioned in this thread already, fonts work fine with pre-1703 Windows 10 versions.

contractor22, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Is there a way to fix font issues in Windows 10?

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Community.

This issue might have occurred due to incorrect settings.
    I would suggest you to follow the below steps to change the font size in the title bar.

• Type display in the search bar and press enter

• Under “change only text size “select title bar

• Choose the font size accordingly
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Add font display issues to the growing number of Windows 10 version 1809 issues

Windows 10 Display font issue.

That was a sample from facebook, and fb don't use that font any were on their site.
    The same font appears in installers as well, as show here.

Add font display issues to the growing number of Windows 10 version 1809 issues [​IMG]

and this is why I am concerned about the issue.

Shadow Delta, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Add font display issues to the growing number of Windows 10 version 1809 issues

1. Add font display issues to the growing number of Windows 10 version 1809 issues - Similar Threads - Add font display

2. windows 10 font issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 font issue: Hey there is a problem with my windows font. Example: [ATTACH] This is not just in my browser its all over my OS. is there a way to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-font-issue/6b35087e-6b31-4d26-a450-0d68529472a3
  3. Issue with font display, especially in Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with font display, especially in Edge: Since the update, the font displayed in Edge as well as in other apps like Discord looks brittle and almost pixelated. Has anyone else had this issue and/or know how to fix it? I've included some pictures to show what I'm talking about. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  4. Windows 10 1809 issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1809 issue: Hi, In October 2018, I got an update of 1809 windows 10 version in my dell laptop inspiron 14R. It automatically updated to new update and asked me for restart for feature update. I finished my work and restarted my laptop. It finished installing updates and laptop switched...
  5. Nigh light issue Windows 10 1809 version

Nigh light issue Windows 10 1809 version: Hello, my night light doesn't work and also my applications quick access in the Start menu disappear, now shows the applications that comes with a brand new windows. Can you help me with that?...
  6. Resolution issue with Windows Update version 1809

Resolution issue with Windows Update version 1809: Since the recent Windows update Version 1809 (Build: 17763.292), we are experiencing issues with the Resolution Settings for Multiple Displays. For our application it is crucial that the external monitor is running on a resolution in duplicate mode, which is not the...
  7. Windows update to version 1809 led to the issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update to version 1809 led to the issue: My folders and files are locked and I cannot use them. I decided to check the administrator account and followed the steps: Properties>Advanced > Administrators. I was terrified to find a lot of unknown entries with a long sequence of numbers and letters. I cannot delete...
  8. Bugs and issues of Windows 10 version 1809

in Windows 10 News
    Bugs and issues of Windows 10 version 1809: Microsoft released the October 2018 Update for Windows 10, Windows 10 version 1809, on October 2, 2018 to the public. The update is not pushed out automatically through Windows Update but requires that users and administrators install it manually for the time being....
  9. Windows 10 version 1809 reportedly causes font issues on some apps like Foobar2000

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1809 reportedly causes font issues on some apps like Foobar2000: Windows 10 October 2018 Update is reportedly causing font errors on Foobar2000, a popular freeware audio player. According to reports, Foobar2000 has broken fonts after installing Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) but unlike the deletion bug, this is not a...
  10. Windows 10 Display font issue.

Windows 10 Display font issue.: Hi, I have ran into this weird font swap issue in windows 10. The Browsers as well as program installers and some part of software's like the menu bar and others are now showing font's which are not meant to be. [img] As in the picture this weird font is appearing all...