Windows 10: Add Hardware LGP for device that is not currently listed?

Discus and support Add Hardware LGP for device that is not currently listed? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All, Since Microsoft and the leading tape technology vendors have decided that a desktop system doesn't need tape connectivity, they've stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TOLISTim, Oct 14, 2019.

1. TOLISTim Win User

Add Hardware LGP for device that is not currently listed?

Hi All,

Since Microsoft and the leading tape technology vendors have decided that a desktop system doesn't need tape connectivity, they've stopped providing the normal group policy for tape hardware for "Backup Operators" resulting in ONLY allowing Administrator to access these device classes. Our customers, however, have made it clear that this is completely incorrect and I'm trying to enable group access to the tape/mediumx devices. I've located the access policies for "Tape Drive" in gpedit and setting them to disabled allows access to the tape drive, but I can't find a policy that relates to the "Medium Changer" device type.

Is it possible to create an access policy for the mediumx device type so that elevated permissions are not required? Or, does anyone ave a method they could share for overriding the lock-out in Windows 7 and 10?

Thanks,
    Tim

:)

TOLISTim, Oct 14, 2019

2. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Add Hardware LGP for device that is not currently listed? What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Oct 14, 2019
  3. 7IM
    7im Win User
    GPU-Z device list enumeration, device order?

Specifically, how are the the GPUs listed in the drop down sorted, or determined? Vendor and PCI ID? OS hardware device list? Other?

Sorry if this was answered somewhere already. Searching for "GPU LIST ORDER" and like terms were not helpful.

Thanks.

4. Add Hardware LGP for device that is not currently listed?

Bluetooth not listed in device manager

Hi Terence,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run the hardware troubleshooter and check the issue status.

Follow the steps:

• Press “Windows key + W”.

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.

• Follow the On Screen instructions.
    Method 2::Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

• Select “Compatibility” Tab.

• Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

I hope the issue will be resolved. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Add Hardware LGP for device that is not currently listed?

1. Add Hardware LGP for device that is not currently listed? - Similar Threads - Add Hardware LGP

2. "Add a Bluetooth device" lists dozens of "Unknown device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Add a Bluetooth device" lists dozens of "Unknown device": About the problemIssueWhen trying to connect my computer to my Sony WH-1000XM3 Headset through Bluetooth, I cannot find the correct device. Instead I see a list of dozens and dozens of "Unknown device" that continues to update.GoalMy main goal is to get rid of all the...
  3. "Add a Bluetooth device" lists dozens of "Unknown device"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Add a Bluetooth device" lists dozens of "Unknown device": About the problemIssueWhen trying to connect my computer to my Sony WH-1000XM3 Headset through Bluetooth, I cannot find the correct device. Instead I see a list of dozens and dozens of "Unknown device" that continues to update.GoalMy main goal is to get rid of all the...
  4. Failure to add an audio device in the Add Hardware Wizard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure to add an audio device in the Add Hardware Wizard: An update caused the loss of my speakers' device. Not only does my computer say there is no speaker installed, the Device Manager does not list it. Returning to a previous build did not restore the speakers.I tried to Add Legacy Hardware/Sound Driver using the Add Hardware...
  5. Failure to add an audio device in the Add Hardware Wizard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failure to add an audio device in the Add Hardware Wizard: An update caused the loss of my speakers' device. Not only does my computer say there is no speaker installed, the Device Manager does not list it. Returning to a previous build did not restore the speakers.I tried to Add Legacy Hardware/Sound Driver using the Add Hardware...
  6. Can't add legacy hardware in device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add legacy hardware in device manager: For context, I am having issues with audio drivers on a laptop, nothing shows up in sound devices at all, I already tried to install/update the audio drivers (both the generic Windows one and Realtek's) to no avail. Some guides said to add legacy hardware on the device...
  7. Teredos Network Adapter not present in device manager add hardware list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Teredos Network Adapter not present in device manager add hardware list: I have been having a problem with adding the Teredos network adapter to my system. When I go to the add hardware prompt in the device manager Teredos network adapter is not an option for me to choose. I'm very lost and would appreciate any help anyone can give me. I've been...
  8. Teredo adapter not listed in "add legacy hardware" menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Teredo adapter not listed in "add legacy hardware" menu: I've been having a ton of trouble with the microsoft store today, which I have never had before, and have spent all day trying to fix it. My latest possible theory as to the cause is the Teredo adapter. It doesn't seem to be installed when i look through the device manager,...
  9. Currently, this hardware device is not connected in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Currently, this hardware device is not connected in Device Manager: I was having some trouble with device on my computer and went into device manager to find out if the device is working properly in device manager and it wasn't so I fixed it, but in device manager under certain devices are showing multiple devices with the same name (See...
  10. Currently, this hardware device is not connected in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Currently, this hardware device is not connected in Device Manager: I was having some trouble with device on my computer and went into device manager to find out if the device is working properly in device manager and it wasn't so I fixed it, but in device manager under certain devices are showing multiple devices with the same name (See...