Windows 10: add home phone number

Discus and support add home phone number in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i removed my home number from contact to make my cell phone primary because it didn't appear as a contact option. now it won't let me add the number... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jr at nm, May 30, 2020.

1. jr at nm Win User

add home phone number

i removed my home number from contact to make my cell phone primary because it didn't appear as a contact option.

now it won't let me add the number because it says it needs to text the number

:)

jr at nm, May 30, 2020
  2. twilyth Win User

Blocking Cell Phone Numbers

Here's one way to get around the problem. It's kludgy but it should work.

Get a VOIP based phone service or a magic jack. For 24/7 access, you're better off with VOIP that uses an ethernet adapter, but that's up to the user.

The important point is to find one that lets you create your own "black list" of callers. Usually they will have both black and white list options and these are usually a subcategory under the "do not disturb" or similar feature.

The provider will usually let you create a second number for $5-10 per month. You'll use this for your cell phone number. If it is ever compromised, you can change it easily without affecting the base number.

Forward the second number to your cell phone and give everyone that one as your "cell phone" number. There will be a delay of a few seconds as calls get routed, but who cares. It's not like any of us is on Obama's speed dial right?

Now when you get assholes calling you, just add them to the black list.

You can also block calls w/o caller id this way if your cell phone co. doesn't already do that for you.

twilyth, May 30, 2020
  3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, May 30, 2020
  4. BrianMBC Win User

add home phone number

Trouble saving voicemail number

To access my voicemail it is my phone number, a pause and 4 digit pin.

I did the following steps:

• Turned off default voicemail number
    • Added a , (for pause) at end of my phone number
    • Added the 4 digit pin
    I get the following error message We're having trouble saving your voicemail number right now. Try again later.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

BrianMBC, May 30, 2020
Thema:

add home phone number

1. add home phone number - Similar Threads - add home phone

2. Unable to add a phone number to my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add a phone number to my account: I have been trying for at least 2 weeks now to add a phone number to my Microsoft account under Account info. First, when entering the number and before I would get a code, I received the message, "Try another verification method" when I'm given no other choice. Then when I...
  3. Unable to add a phone number to my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add a phone number to my account: I have been trying for at least 2 weeks now to add a phone number to my Microsoft account under Account info. First, when entering the number and before I would get a code, I received the message, "Try another verification method" when I'm given no other choice. Then when I...
  4. Unable to add phone number in Microsoft Rewards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add phone number in Microsoft Rewards: I am from India and whenever I try to add my phone number to redeem Microsoft rewards a prompt shows up "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias" There's no problem even in receiving the otp and I even tried with two different phone numbers but it...
  5. Unable to add phone number in Microsoft Rewards

Unable to add phone number in Microsoft Rewards: I am from India and whenever I try to add my phone number to redeem Microsoft rewards a prompt shows up "This alias cannot be added to your account. Choose a different alias" There's no problem even in receiving the otp and I even tried with two different phone numbers but it...
  6. how to add phone number to msn account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to add phone number to msn account: how to add phone number msn account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-phone-number-to-msn-account/42066fe8-354d-4f4b-b906-1ad5c0dd5fe1
  7. how to add phone number to msn account

how to add phone number to msn account: how to add phone number msn account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-phone-number-to-msn-account/42066fe8-354d-4f4b-b906-1ad5c0dd5fe1
  8. how to add phone number to msn account

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Why can't I add a phone number?

Why can't I add a phone number?: I tried to add a phone number and I had selected the right country, entered the right phone number but I didn't receive any codes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-add-a-phone-number/5cdca78b-7c42-4e56-94ac-d258bea1f587
  10. Why can't I add a phone number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I add a phone number?: I tried to add a phone number and I had selected the right country, entered the right phone number but I didn't receive any codes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-add-a-phone-number/5cdca78b-7c42-4e56-94ac-d258bea1f587