Windows 10: add HP PC2210 to windows fax and scan

Discus and support add HP PC2210 to windows fax and scan in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows fax and scan doesn't give the option to select my HP PC2210 porinter to scan with. It worked last week!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kedoaj, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Kedoaj Win User

add HP PC2210 to windows fax and scan

Windows fax and scan doesn't give the option to select my HP PC2210 porinter to scan with. It worked last week!

:)

Kedoaj, Jul 23, 2019

2. HP Officejet Pro 8500 909g will not scan

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you have an issues with functionality of the scanner on Windows 10, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• What exactly do you mean by : The MS scan software seems to only scan from glass ?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error notification while scanning the content?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have performed from the HP support?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click on View all
      and select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click on Advanced and then click on
      Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the drivers for your device and check if it help.

Refer:
    HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless All-in-One Printer - A909g - Software and Drivers

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with au updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Unable to scan from HP J4850 on Windows 10

Hi Dick Hazel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with scanning on Windows 10 do let us know the following:

• What exactly do you mean by: will not Scan from the PC?
    • Is this issue specific to any particular document?
    • What exactly happens when you try to scan, were you able to see any error message?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click on View all
      and select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click on Advanced and then click on
      Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to uninstall and manually install the drivers for your device and check if it help.

Steps to uninstall from Device Manager.

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.
    • Type devmgmt.msc in Run window to open
      Device Manager window.
    • Under Print queues, right click on the printer and
      uninstall.

Refer:
    HP Office jet J4580 All-in-One Printer - Software and Drivers
    to install the driver.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 23, 2019
  4. ArtTrier Win User

HP All In One Printer/Scanner/FAX J6400 series - Can't scan w/Windows 10

I have done everything that you have suggested and Windows 10 still will not allow me to scan. All my HP drivers are current and the HP online help process indicates that my printer is fine and online. Any other suggestions?

ArtTrier, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

1. add HP PC2210 to windows fax and scan - Similar Threads - add PC2210 fax

2. "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected But "HP Scan and Capture" Works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected But "HP Scan and Capture" Works: Scanner and feeder stopped working days ago. WIA scanning fails on an up to date Windows 10 with HP M1536 mft printer/scanner. "HP Scan and Capture" works but not "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected or Adobe applications WIA device not found. I modified WIA services...
  3. "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected But "HP Scan and Capture" Works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected But "HP Scan and Capture" Works: Scanner and feeder stopped working days ago. WIA scanning fails on an up to date Windows 10 with HP M1536 mft printer/scanner. "HP Scan and Capture" works but not "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected or Adobe applications WIA device not found. I modified WIA services...
  4. "Windows Fax and Scan" No scanner detected But "HP Scan and Capture" Works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan: I deleted Windows Fax and Scan because I was having some issues with it, thinking that may help. Now I cant find an option to reinstall it. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-fax-and-scan/df6b6ccb-4c4c-4556-9fb8-eb57eee2e3f4
  6. Windows Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Fax and Scan: I think an image has got "stuck" somewhere in the "Print" portion of the program. I put a paper on the glass, Preview it, then resize it up and Scan the resized image-- as I have done for years. But then when I hit Print, the screen shows me an old image, not the new one...
  7. Windows Fax and scan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Fax and scan: I am running windows 10 Pro. Windows Fax and Scan does not appear under Turn Windows Features On or OFF, Print and Document Services. I get a fatal error when I try to Fax. How do I get it to appear?...
  8. Windows fax and scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows fax and scan: When i try to Add fax moden to Windows fax and scan i get message: you don't have security permissions to complete this operation. Contact your fax administrator for more information. I am the administrator? What do I do next? Any assistance is appreciated?...
  9. windows scan and fax

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows scan and fax: Windows scan and fax permission by Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-scan-and-fax/f3bdae21-3dc3-4a7f-8f2d-7b56d78637a2"
  10. Windows fax and scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows fax and scan: Why can we not scan to PDF. using the Windows fax and scan software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-fax-and-scan/8c8c6b51-14b6-45d4-a267-43d3c9b1998a