Windows 10: add linux dual boot to w10 system

Discus and support add linux dual boot to w10 system in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; New Laptop with W10 installed. Want to add dual boot Ubuntu. Ubuntu install looks good, but when restart,goes direct to W; no choice. Suspect WW... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ahr11, Jan 12, 2019.

1. ahr11 Win User

add linux dual boot to w10 system

New Laptop with W10 installed. Want to add dual boot Ubuntu. Ubuntu install looks good, but when restart,goes direct to W; no choice. Suspect WW Master Boot process since unix /var/log/syslog shows no sign of choice build and lots of Window master boot process. Need to alter Windows Master Boot config?? PC has 128G Ram and 8TG electronic disk.

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

ahr11, Jan 12, 2019

2. Kali linux Dual boot system will not install

Did you follow the official instructions?

Dual Boot Kali with Windows | Kali Linux

also check out this YouTube tutorial:

Andre Da Costa, Jan 12, 2019
  3. DUAL BOOT WITH KALI LINUX

I have windows 10 on my device. I want to dual boot this device with kali linux. Will my windows 10 remain genuine even after dual boot or not?

VIKRANT_2524, Jan 12, 2019
  4. add linux dual boot to w10 system

DUAL BOOT WITH KALI LINUX

I have windows 10 on my device. I want to dual boot this device with kali linux. Will my windows 10 remain genuine even after dual boot or not?

VIKRANT_2524, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

add linux dual boot to w10 system

1. add linux dual boot to w10 system - Similar Threads - add linux dual

2. dual-boot Windows and Linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dual-boot Windows and Linux: I have a new laptop with a 512 GB SSD. I want to secure-erase the SSD and install Windows and Linux in a dual-boot configuration. Doing the secure-erase is easy, as I can do it with a Linux LiveUSB. I already have a current Windows LiveUSB ready for installation. I did...
  3. dual-boot Windows and Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dual-boot Windows and Linux: I have a new laptop with a 512 GB SSD. I want to secure-erase the SSD and install Windows and Linux in a dual-boot configuration. Doing the secure-erase is easy, as I can do it with a Linux LiveUSB. I already have a current Windows LiveUSB ready for installation. I did...
  4. Revising dual boot to add Linux Mint

Revising dual boot to add Linux Mint: System: 2 internal SATA hard drives Windows 10 Home 1909 on HD0 / Windows 7 on HD1 BIOS/MBR boot (boot order CD, HD0, USB, HD1) OS installs on dedicated partitions bootloader on HD0 (Win10) I want to install Linux Mint to HD1 to replace Windows 7. Basic steps AFAIK: create...
  5. dual boot system win 10 and linux. Want to remove linux

in Windows 10 Customization
    dual boot system win 10 and linux. Want to remove linux: HI Greg: I don't know what happened but for some reason I lost your thread. Then, when I tried to reply, it says it was locked so I couldn't respond. The exact question was that I had 2 OS which is win 10 and Linux. I want to remove Linux. I took a picture of the disk...
  6. Dual boot with linux: only linux boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dual boot with linux: only linux boot: Hello, Well I'll sum up what I did so far: I had ubuntu + windows 10, was working fine but ubuntu was taking too much space on my drive. Deleted ubuntu partitions, gave the space back to windows, boot into the windows usb drive to perform the bootrec /fixmbr,fixboot...
  7. Uninstall Linux dual boot

Uninstall Linux dual boot: Hello everyone ! I first want to mention thant english is not my first language, so, sorry if I make mistakes and am not clear enough ! I just received a second hand computer with windows10 and linux installed on it. The person I got it to told me it would be easy to get...
  8. Clean install W10 on W7\W10 dual boot system.

Clean install W10 on W7\W10 dual boot system.: Just curious, is it possible to carry out a clean install of 10 on my hard drive which has 7 and 10 as a dual boot? obviously on the 10 partition. Thank you. 110034
  9. Dual boot Windows with Linux

Dual boot Windows with Linux: Is there a tutorial here (I didn't find, so maybe in another place there's a good tutorial?) on how to be able to install both Linux and Windows 10 on my laptop's hard drive? So that when I restart my laptop I will be able to choose from either Windows 10 or Linux? I did...
  10. dual-boot Linux

dual-boot Linux: I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 (upgraded from Windows 8.1), and I'm considering setting it up to dual-boot Linux. I just had a look at the HD with Disk Management, and Lenovo has created 6 partitions (C, D, and 4 hidden partitions). Can I get further help here, or is...