Windows 10: Add more space to C partition without reinstalling windows ?

Discus and support Add more space to C partition without reinstalling windows ? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am running low on space in C drive, i want to take some space from D drive and add it to C drive. Is it possible to do this without reinstalling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mikelferdinan, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Add more space to C partition without reinstalling windows ?

I am running low on space in C drive, i want to take some space from D drive and add it to C drive. Is it possible to do this without reinstalling windows ? and if it possible, is it safe ?

:)

mikelferdinan, Aug 13, 2019

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Aug 13, 2019
  3. RejZoR Win User
    Partition space

You're not understanding this. Unallocated space is NOT equal as (partitioned) empty space.

Unallocated space means empty RAW sectors on HDD. Empty space means an already allocated file system (either FAT32 or NTFS or any other) that is not occupied by any data.

So in your case, as DanTheBanjoman already suggested, don't try to shrink "unallocated space", extend the main (C*Smile Add more space to C partition without reinstalling windows ? :) partition instead. You can't shrink something that doesn't exist (unallocated space), but you can extend the existing partition over unallocated space.
    So, just select the C: partition and extend it further. Program should automatically allow you to do that. I'm not using Partition Magic, but i usually done this with either:
    MiniTool Partition Wizard Free - manage and resize disk partitions (also for 64bit OS!)

or

EaseUS Partition Master - manage disk partitions (only for 32bit OS!)

RejZoR, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

Add more space to C partition without reinstalling windows ?

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CAdd more space to C partition without reinstalling windows ? :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Add more space to C partition without reinstalling windows ?

1. Add more space to C partition without reinstalling windows ? - Similar Threads - Add more space

2. Why can't I combine disks to add more space to C:?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why can't I combine disks to add more space to C:?: I have disc and disk 1 on my computer It won't let me upload a screenshot for some reason, it's in the reply belowC: is on disk 1 and is almost full. I have deleted everything from disk 0, it's now empty. I cannot figure out how to allocate the space to disk 1/C:...
  3. Why can't I combine disks to add more space to C:?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I combine disks to add more space to C:?: I have disc and disk 1 on my computer It won't let me upload a screenshot for some reason, it's in the reply belowC: is on disk 1 and is almost full. I have deleted everything from disk 0, it's now empty. I cannot figure out how to allocate the space to disk 1/C:...
  4. Why can't I combine disks to add more space to C:?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem when trying to resize/add more space to the System Partition in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem when trying to resize/add more space to the System Partition in Windows 10: Hi. I want to increase the Recovery Partition of my SSD on Windows 10 but I have been trying several methods and programs such as AOMEI and Minitool Partition Wizard for example and none of them allow me to increase or move the Recovery Partition so it can be next to the...
  6. Problem when trying to resize/add more space to the System Partition in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem when trying to resize/add more space to the System Partition in Windows 10: Hi. I want to increase the Recovery Partition of my SSD on Windows 10 but I have been trying several methods and programs such as AOMEI and Minitool Partition Wizard for example and none of them allow me to increase or move the Recovery Partition so it can be next to the...
  7. Lost space in C partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost space in C partition: there should be a 28 free gigabytes in my 60 gigabytes C partition as I have 32 gigabytes of occupied space as shown in the first screenshot I've shown hidden files and protected operating system, so that's everything in C partition https://ibb.co/Sy1QTZw but I got only...
  8. Add more space to C partition without reinstalling windows ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Add more space to C partition without reinstalling windows ?: I am running low on space in C drive, i want to take some space from D drive and add it to C drive. Is it possible to do this without reinstalling windows ? and if it possible, is it safe ? 138407
  9. Release space the partition C

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Release space the partition C: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, please let me know how space is released on partition C. I'm waiting for an answer! A good day!. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/release-space-the-partition-c/36209208-a18b-4dc6-ad6b-ffa01330da3d
  10. How combine unallocated space and add to C: partition?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How combine unallocated space and add to C: partition?: Below is a screenshot made by MiniTool Free Edition. I would like to combine the two unallocated spaces and add the space to the C: partition. Do I need the paid version to do this? Attachment 96363 60387