Windows 10: Add more time options to parent email when granting more time

Discus and support Add more time options to parent email when granting more time in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When my child wants more time on the PC, he sends a request for more time. Depending on the current time and day, I want to have the option to add 45... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Muddaubere, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Add more time options to parent email when granting more time

When my child wants more time on the PC, he sends a request for more time. Depending on the current time and day, I want to have the option to add 45 more minutes or maybe just 4 hours instead of the typical 1,2,8 hour increments that the email gives you. Is there a way to change these options in the email sent to me?

:)

Muddaubere, Nov 19, 2018

2. Parent Permission Grant More Time

Thank you for your Reply Sujata,

As expressed as well by others within this thread,

"In Windows 8, when child account prompts for time limit reached, the parent can click to extend the time by entering our password (i.e. I don't need to login into accounts.microsoft.com/family. I can do it right at the time limit reached message prompt).
    [Note: This only works if the parent account has administrator rights on the local machine. It doesn't work if the parent has standard user rights.]

In Windows 10, it only informs the child account has reached its time limit. There is no button or option for the parent to extend the time limit nor any button for the child to send a request to the parent to extend the time. "

I can log into my account and set their time for that day of the week higher (though that is a persistent change and I must set it back to it's normal level afterwards)

I would like to have the option, as I did in windows 8 to easily grant temporary time limit increases.

Thank you.

STEVEN RICHINS, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Parent Permission Grant More Time

Hello Community,

I'm having a lot of issues with the new Parental Control Settings in Windows 10. The issue of the day, when my son's homework takes longer than the time I granted him, it says he should request for more time. Under windows 8 this was as easy as clicking
    the ask permission button and I added my password. Under Windows 10 I have no way that I can find to grant him more time.

Any thoughts?

STEVEN RICHINS, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Woochin Win User

Add more time options to parent email when granting more time

Parent Permission Grant More Time

In Windows 8, when child account prompts for time limit reached, the parent can click to extend the time by entering our password (i.e. I don't need to login into accounts.microsoft.com/family. I can do it right at the time limit reached message prompt).
    [Note: This only works if the parent account has administrator rights on the local machine. It doesn't work if the parent has standard user rights.]

In Windows 10, it only informs the child account has reached its time limit. There is no button or option for the parent to extend the time limit nor any button for the child to send a request to the parent to extend the time.

Woochin, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Add more time options to parent email when granting more time

1. Add more time options to parent email when granting more time - Similar Threads - Add more options

2. Unable to send request for more screen time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to send request for more screen time: Hi. I noticed my child is unable to request for more screen time when the VPN is connected. It works perfectly when the VPN is off. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-send-request-for-more-screen-time/6260bf14-815b-487d-9afb-1b7eb37408e9"
  3. How to add more snooze time options?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add more snooze time options?: The default times for snooze are almost unusable for me. How can I add more? or just ad hoc add a specific time -10mins +45min, etc I might want to snooze until 5 mins before, or one day before or for 90 mins (plus many more). I use Office 365. 135228
  4. Time allotments for child request more screen time

Time allotments for child request more screen time: Is there a way to customize the time allotments when a child is requesting more screen time? I don't understand the logic behind the offering: 15 minutes ( what is the purpose of 15 minutes?) 30 minutes 1 hour 2 hours Can't we get more than 2 but less than 8 ? This...
  5. Granting more screen time for child account does not grant more time.

Granting more screen time for child account does not grant more time.: When my child requested to get more screen time, I granted 2 more hours via the email link, signed into my MS account, and verified that the request was approved to extend her time by 2 hours. However the computer still showed the expired lockout screen. Currently the only...
  6. add more RAM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    add more RAM: I want to add more RAM TO MY COMPUTER.from 3 gb to 8 gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-more-ram/809dfc73-8578-456a-9b99-2042446ab2d9"
  7. Restart/boot time takes long time (more than 30 minutes)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart/boot time takes long time (more than 30 minutes): Hello, i want to ask about my laptop that run on windows 10 home, version 1803. I just bought this new laptop, at first it was fine, but after about a week it started to have problem that it takes time too long than normal when it is restarted or booted. I have tried multiple...
  8. extended time with parental controls

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    extended time with parental controls: hello everyone I recently had to buy my sons laptops for school. Now to preface this they are 7 turning 8 and 9 turning 10 this year. And of course, they are addicted to video games. Now to help limit this I set up parental controls on their laptops. But my oldest son...
  9. More Issues than TIME Magazine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    More Issues than TIME Magazine: Firstly, after having used Windows since Win 95, NEVER have I had such issues with one OS. Honestly, at this point I will pay money to go back to Windows 7, despite no support for it, you generally don't need support for something that isn't broken. so Windows 10 free...
  10. Wait and give Edge more time to snyc the favorites?

in Browsers and Email
    Wait and give Edge more time to snyc the favorites?: You're most welcome. This may help if you wanted to import favorites to Microsoft Edge. How to Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Import Favorites from Internet...