Windows 10: Add more time options to parent email when granting more time

Discus and support Add more time options to parent email when granting more time in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When my child wants more time on the PC, he sends a request for more time. Depending on the current time and day, I want to have the option to add 45... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Muddaubere, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Add more time options to parent email when granting more time

When my child wants more time on the PC, he sends a request for more time. Depending on the current time and day, I want to have the option to add 45 more minutes or maybe just 4 hours instead of the typical 1,2,8 hour increments that the email gives you. Is there a way to change these options in the email sent to me?

:)

Muddaubere, Nov 19, 2018

2. Parent Permission Grant More Time

Thank you for your Reply Sujata,

As expressed as well by others within this thread,

"In Windows 8, when child account prompts for time limit reached, the parent can click to extend the time by entering our password (i.e. I don't need to login into accounts.microsoft.com/family. I can do it right at the time limit reached message prompt).
    [Note: This only works if the parent account has administrator rights on the local machine. It doesn't work if the parent has standard user rights.]

In Windows 10, it only informs the child account has reached its time limit. There is no button or option for the parent to extend the time limit nor any button for the child to send a request to the parent to extend the time. "

I can log into my account and set their time for that day of the week higher (though that is a persistent change and I must set it back to it's normal level afterwards)

I would like to have the option, as I did in windows 8 to easily grant temporary time limit increases.

Thank you.

STEVEN RICHINS, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Parent Permission Grant More Time

Hello Community,

I'm having a lot of issues with the new Parental Control Settings in Windows 10. The issue of the day, when my son's homework takes longer than the time I granted him, it says he should request for more time. Under windows 8 this was as easy as clicking
    the ask permission button and I added my password. Under Windows 10 I have no way that I can find to grant him more time.

Any thoughts?

STEVEN RICHINS, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Woochin Win User

Add more time options to parent email when granting more time

Parent Permission Grant More Time

In Windows 8, when child account prompts for time limit reached, the parent can click to extend the time by entering our password (i.e. I don't need to login into accounts.microsoft.com/family. I can do it right at the time limit reached message prompt).
    [Note: This only works if the parent account has administrator rights on the local machine. It doesn't work if the parent has standard user rights.]

In Windows 10, it only informs the child account has reached its time limit. There is no button or option for the parent to extend the time limit nor any button for the child to send a request to the parent to extend the time.

Woochin, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Add more time options to parent email when granting more time

1. Add more time options to parent email when granting more time - Similar Threads - Add more options

2. Grant more time not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Grant more time not working: When "grant more screen time" button is pressed when the device is locked an error message appears saying that there was an error and it's not connected to wifi I checked and I was connected every time the device is turned on there's a windows error sound but you can't see it...
  3. Grant more time not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grant more time not working: When "grant more screen time" button is pressed when the device is locked an error message appears saying that there was an error and it's not connected to wifi I checked and I was connected every time the device is turned on there's a windows error sound but you can't see it...
  4. Grant more time not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Request more time - no emails received

Request more time - no emails received: So I created a family group, my wife is added as a parent + administrator the same status as mine. We can check what our kid is watching, playing, how much, limits, etc, everything works fine.... but not emails.Whenever my kid's time is over and he sends request for more, I...
  6. Request more time - no emails received

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request more time - no emails received: So I created a family group, my wife is added as a parent + administrator the same status as mine. We can check what our kid is watching, playing, how much, limits, etc, everything works fine.... but not emails.Whenever my kid's time is over and he sends request for more, I...
  7. When I consent to extra time, it doesn’t actually add more time

When I consent to extra time, it doesn’t actually add more time: When one of my kids requests more time, I receive a notification to which I respond ok. This approval doesn’t get back to him; it does not add more time. Looks like the pc is unlinked on the way back from me giving consent. This doesn’t happen with my other kid; he does get...
  8. When I consent to extra time, it doesn’t actually add more time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I consent to extra time, it doesn’t actually add more time: When one of my kids requests more time, I receive a notification to which I respond ok. This approval doesn’t get back to him; it does not add more time. Looks like the pc is unlinked on the way back from me giving consent. This doesn’t happen with my other kid; he does get...
  9. How to add more snooze time options?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add more snooze time options?: The default times for snooze are almost unusable for me. How can I add more? or just ad hoc add a specific time -10mins +45min, etc I might want to snooze until 5 mins before, or one day before or for 90 mins (plus many more). I use Office 365. 135228
  10. Granting more screen time for child account does not grant more time.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Granting more screen time for child account does not grant more time.: When my child requested to get more screen time, I granted 2 more hours via the email link, signed into my MS account, and verified that the request was approved to extend her time by 2 hours. However the computer still showed the expired lockout screen. Currently the only...