Windows 10: Add my wife to use this computer.

Discus and support Add my wife to use this computer. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I accidentally entered my wife's email as administrator when I was trying to add her to use this computer. How can I change it back to myself and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GaryGiscombe, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Add my wife to use this computer.

I accidentally entered my wife's email as administrator when I was trying to add her to use this computer. How can I change it back to myself and grant her access to this computer?

:)

GaryGiscombe, Apr 21, 2019

2. Windows mail app opens for me but not my wife on the same computer?

Hi Max,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As Mail and Calendar app are not accessible for your wife account, I suggest you to log-in with the wife account and try the below steps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows
      key, type troubleshooting and select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click on Windows Store Apps.

• Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

If the issue still persist then try the below,

Method 2:

You may uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows PowerShell and reinstall using Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows
      key, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to reinstall the Mail and Calendar app.

• get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Mail and Calendar app from the Windows store.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 21, 2019
  3. How can I get Cortana to ignore my wife's shared calendar?

Hi Lawrence,

I apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Calendar App.
    • In the left pane, uncheck the option for your wife's calendar and check for status.

If the issue still persists, run the SFC (System File Checker) scan by following the steps provided below:

• Right click on Start button and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” and press Enter.
    • After the scan is complete, type “exit” and press Enter.

For more information about SFC scan, click on the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 21, 2019
  4. swat354 Win User

Add my wife to use this computer.

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

Add my wife to use this computer.

1. Add my wife to use this computer. - Similar Threads - Add wife computer

2. Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family: I have recently created a family of myself and my duaghter . My wife had already another "family" with her account and my other's daughter account. Currently we are not able to unify/consolidate all four accounts 2 adults + 2 kids to one Microsoft family.I tried to invvite my...
  3. Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family: I have recently created a family of myself and my duaghter . My wife had already another "family" with her account and my other's daughter account. Currently we are not able to unify/consolidate all four accounts 2 adults + 2 kids to one Microsoft family.I tried to invvite my...
  4. Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Getting BSOD often on my wifes computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting BSOD often on my wifes computer: The most recent error was this: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000001c6 0x000000000000000f, 0xffffa201a41f9690, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\Minidump\041721-9781-01.dmp. Report Id:...
  6. Cannot access my wife's network computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access my wife's network computer: My computer cannot find my wife's laptop on the network, even though they are the same make and model. One reason may be that her Microsoft username is in some places J.......@prodigy.net and others J......@proxdigy.net. Somehow this typo occurred and I have no clue how to...
  7. My computer controls my wife's screensaver

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer controls my wife's screensaver: I changed my screensaver, and soon after the screensaver on my wife's computer changed as well. Any ideas as to why? It didn't used to do that! Hers is a Dell running Window's 10, while mine was custom built by a local shop, also running Window's 10. Thoughts? Thanks!...
  8. Can I use a clone of my drive in my wife's computer??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I use a clone of my drive in my wife's computer??: I just put a SSD in my computer and the difference was pretty dramatic. I tried to do the same with my wife's, but her partitians were laid out oddly and wouldn't transfer, so I had to make one much smaller. It had to reboot to do that, and when it did, Windows simultaneously...
  9. This change to my computer affect my Wife's computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    This change to my computer affect my Wife's computer.: When I setup a screensaver slideshow on my Win 10 computer it also sets itself up on my wife's Win 10 machine. How do I stop this? Is this something to do with a network setting that I don't want or need? Thanks 39486
  10. BSOD twice when wifes is using computer !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD twice when wifes is using computer !: AS stated its done it wife when wife's been using machine, i dont think she doing anything exciting facebook i would guess.I have troubles with firefox it just stops responding, i disabled the sound card and its not done this for a few days now.Any help would be appreciated...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adding my wife to this computer