Windows 10: Add Network Printer Error #64

Discus and support Add Network Printer Error #64 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Any idea about the Error Code #64 ? [moved from German forums]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PascalFK, Mar 30, 2020.

1. PascalFK Win User

Add Network Printer Error #64

Add Network Printer Error #64 d3c6b3af-4fdf-421b-a353-a8e8838e956c?upload=true.png

Any idea about the Error Code #64 ?

[moved from German forums]

:)

PascalFK, Mar 30, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Actually, my business card does say "Senior Network Engineer"*Laugh :laugh:, but that is only part of what I actually do, we are a full computer shop handling anything from basic computer setup to corporate networking to custom builds.

The error is definitely a problem with the 64/32 bit drivers conflicting, it is a real pain in the ass especially with Lexmark printers. With HP printers, you can just use a net use command to map the network printer to the LPT1 port and then install the printer as a local printer. However, Lexmark usually doesn't allow this with their printers, the drivers are coded in a way that won't allow them to be installed on an LPT port if the printer is supposed to be USB.

You can try removing the lexmark driver from the XP additional driver section, then try connecting to the printer again. It should ask you for the proper driver. You should be able to extract the lexmark driver somewhere on the 64-bit machine, and point to that location when asked. Also, if this is successful, you will probably have to go into both the XP and the Win7 machine's printer properties, go to the advanced tab, and change the print processor to WinPrint with datatype being RAW.

newtekie1, May 25, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User

Not working... I see the printer, but when I go to add it, I get this messge: "Windows could not connect to the printer (error 0x0000000d)."

I installed the 32-bit drivers for it and printed something out from the pc the printer is connected to, and I went to the additional drivers page and added drivers for 64-bit, and when I went to add the printer on the other machine, it copied drivers over, but after that I got the error message listed above...

4. newtekie1 Win User

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Add Network Printer Error #64 - Similar Threads - Add Network Printer

2. Unable to add/connect to network printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add/connect to network printer: I am unable to add a network printer to windows 11. It doesn't automatically recognize. When I select through the network, it shows it unable to connect. The printer is connecting to all other PCs in organization running windows 10 and older. This is specific to windows 11...
  3. add sharing printer by network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add sharing printer by network: server printer windows 10 client windows 11 oeration could not be completed error 0x00000709please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-sharing-printer-by-network/df62185a-9c78-45b4-b578-d4e127b4aaaf
  4. add sharing printer by network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add sharing printer by network: server printer windows 10 client windows 11 oeration could not be completed error 0x00000709please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-sharing-printer-by-network/df62185a-9c78-45b4-b578-d4e127b4aaaf
  5. windows 11 22h2 error 0x00000709 add printer network /add printer sharing kabel lan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 22h2 error 0x00000709 add printer network /add printer sharing kabel lan: windows 11 22h2 error 0x00000709 add printer network /add printer sharing kabel lan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-22h2-error-0x00000709-add-printer/a9d2ac53-7076-4fea-be01-bfd213e45ca2
  6. windows 11 22h2 error 0x00000709 add printer network /add printer sharing kabel lan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 22h2 error 0x00000709 add printer network /add printer sharing kabel lan: windows 11 22h2 error 0x00000709 add printer network /add printer sharing kabel lan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-22h2-error-0x00000709-add-printer/a9d2ac53-7076-4fea-be01-bfd213e45ca2
  7. Add Network Printer Limit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Add Network Printer Limit: What is the upper limit on the number of Network Printers that I can add to my local Windows 10 laptop? Can I potentially add 10,000 printers and make any one of them the default printer? The idea is to build an RPA bot that can prepare a document and send it for printing to...
  8. Add Printer - Unknown Printer on Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add Printer - Unknown Printer on Network: Hi ! I keep getting an unknown printer showing up when I go to add a printer. Does this indicate a breach of network security ? It seems to me it does because it sure is NOT my printer ! Cannot remove printer either... Ideas for how do I resolve ( yes rebooted ) ? Running...
  9. Unable to add to domain - error code 64, or error; network name...

Unable to add to domain - error code 64, or error; network name...: Hello all - Having issues with windows 10 upgrade. A few weeks ago, I upgraded my work laptop to Windows 10. Yesterday in troubleshooting an issue with RSAT (remote server admin tools - issue: inability to connect to domain controller through console for adminning...
  10. Add network printers

Add network printers: Hello, Windows does not automatically detect networks printers ... with 7 and 8.1 I had to manually install them using their IP but it's not possible to do this with the TP ... any idea ? 4539

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows printer error 64