Windows 10: add new user but do not want other user's programs and apps

Discus and support add new user but do not want other user's programs and apps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I want to add a user but do not want the programs on that user account that are installed on the admin's profile. How can I do that? submitted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/schnackschnack, Sep 27, 2020.

1. add new user but do not want other user's programs and apps

Hello,

I want to add a user but do not want the programs on that user account that are installed on the admin's profile. How can I do that?

submitted by /u/schnackschnack
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/schnackschnack, Sep 27, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Sep 27, 2020
  3. New Account/User Issues

Hi,

When you create a new user account, Windows uses the Default user profile as a template to construct the files for the newly created user account. You might be experiencing issues creating new accounts due to a corrupt Default profile. To
    resolve the issue, we suggest reinstating the Default folder in the
    Users directory by following these steps:

• Open the C:\Users folder using Windows Explorer.
    • Rename the Default user profile folder to Default.OLD.
    • Download a zip of C:\Users\Default from a Windows 10 installation that doesn't have this problem.
    • Unzip the non-corrupt Default profile into C:\Users.
    • Try logging in to the new user account and check if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Sep 27, 2020
  4. add new user but do not want other user's programs and apps

Adding a new user

Hi Alex,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

Let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Follow the below steps.

• Type settings on the Windows search bar and select
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts, and click on
      Family & other users
      on the left pane.

• Now you can add new user account.
    Also visit the below link on how to create new user account. (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

add new user but do not want other user's programs and apps

1. add new user but do not want other user's programs and apps - Similar Threads - add user user's

2. How to add "Other User" button.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to add "Other User" button.: Hello, I am currently using Window 10 Home and want to add the "Other User" option, but not adding a new user. I want to access to my window user for my school account but it doesnt have a microsoft account. I've tried searching solutions but my computer cannot find...
  3. How to add "Other User" button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add "Other User" button.: Hello, I am currently using Window 10 Home and want to add the "Other User" option, but not adding a new user. I want to access to my window user for my school account but it doesnt have a microsoft account. I've tried searching solutions but my computer cannot find...
  4. How to add "Other User" button.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. add a new user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    add a new user: HP Pavillion laptop, windows 10I want to add a new user to this laptop. This user does not have a Microsoft account. They don't want a Microsoft account. When I follow: Settings -> Accounts -> Family and other users -> Add someone else to this PC The dialog "requires" a phone...
  6. add a new user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add a new user: HP Pavillion laptop, windows 10I want to add a new user to this laptop. This user does not have a Microsoft account. They don't want a Microsoft account. When I follow: Settings -> Accounts -> Family and other users -> Add someone else to this PC The dialog "requires" a phone...
  7. add a new user

8. Do shared user profiles apps modify the apps for all other users?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do shared user profiles apps modify the apps for all other users?: So I'm using a PC with two different Microsoft user profiles and want to share apps between these users, so all of them can use the installed apps. My question is, if one user uses and modifies the app, does it modify it the same for all the other users or do these changes in...
  9. Paint 3D and other not user friendly programs and apps.

Paint 3D and other not user friendly programs and apps.: Dear Microsoft, I can help you make your apps and software 20-30% more user friendly. I have over the last several years complained about user glitches, missing steps in instructions that made them not work etc. If I was designing these things there is no way I would...
  10. Cannot add new users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot add new users: Hello all, I made the jump from 8.1 to Windows 10. All user accounts and setting seem to have carried over nicely. However, I would like to add an additional account. In Settings->Accounts->Family & other users, there is the button for Add a family member and one for Add...