Windows 10: add NUC/windows device to account, only has options for surface or Xbox

Discus and support add NUC/windows device to account, only has options for surface or Xbox in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there,i have recently had to return my newly purchased NUC to intel for warranty, i have received the new NUC, re-installed the same hard drive. the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AVG123, Mar 19, 2024.

1. AVG123 Win User

add NUC/windows device to account, only has options for surface or Xbox

Hi there,i have recently had to return my newly purchased NUC to intel for warranty, i have received the new NUC, re-installed the same hard drive. the NUC works fine but windows now needs activating. i can see the old NUC under my Microsoft logins but when i go to login to that account it comes back with that it doesn't exist. i can not add that device to that account as it only has options for Surface & Xboxi don't understand why only one of my Microsoft accounts will let me login to activate windows, i assume its got something to do with it being the main account with all the billing at

:)

AVG123, Mar 19, 2024

2. I can't log in or use my Xbox app on my Microsoft surface proX

Hello J_2727,

Thank you for responding and I understand you didn't receive a case number from contacting Phone Support. I'm sorry to hear that you are still having trouble logging in to the Xbox app on your Microsoft Surface Pro X. I understand how frustrating this can be, especially when you want to enjoy your games and services.

I appreciate that you have tried some troubleshooting steps already, such as restarting your device, verifying your account, checking for updates, and reinstalling the apps. However, it seems that none of these steps have resolved the issue for you.

There are a few possible causes for this problem, such as a network issue, a corrupted app data, or a compatibility issue with your device.

To narrow down the cause and find a solution, I suggest that you try the following steps:

1. Check if your Microsoft account is up-to-date and that you have the latest version of Windows installed on your device.
    2. Try resetting the Xbox app by following these steps:
      • Press the Windows key + S shortcut to open the search menu.
      • Type “Xbox” in the search field, right-click on the first result, and select “App settings”.
      • Scroll down to the “Reset” section and click the “Repair” button. Wait for Windows to repair the app and check if you can sign in.
    3. If the above steps don’t work, try removing your Microsoft account from your computer and then sign in again. Here’s how:
      • Open the Settings Panel (Win + I) and navigate to the Accounts section.
      • Next, move to Email and Accounts -> Accounts used by other apps and then choose the Microsoft account logged in with the Xbox app.
      • Remove it from the computer.
      • Now, head back over to the Xbox application, and try logging in with the same account.
    4. Run the Windows troubleshooter for apps by following these steps. Select the Start Windows logo Start button button, and then select Settings Gear-shaped Settings icon > Update & Security Circular arrows Sync icon > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.
    5. Check if your device meets the minimum system requirements for the Xbox app.

If none of these steps work, please try contacting Xbox Support Contact us | Xbox Support again or Surface Support. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or escalate the issue to a higher level of support. I hope this helps!

Thank you for your patience and cooperation. I hope we can resolve this issue as soon as possible and get you back to gaming.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator

Belen T.C., Mar 19, 2024
  3. Brink Win User
    Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, add NUC/windows device to account, only has options for surface or Xbox :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Mar 19, 2024
  4. Brink Win User

Update for Surface Studio - May 4, 2018 Surface

Source: Update for Surface Studio (04 May 2018) Surface

Brink, Mar 19, 2024
Thema:

1. add NUC/windows device to account, only has options for surface or Xbox - Similar Threads - add NUC device

2. add NUC/windows device to account, only has options for surface or Xbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add NUC/windows device to account, only has options for surface or Xbox: Hi there,i have recently had to return my newly purchased NUC to intel for warranty, i have received the new NUC, re-installed the same hard drive. the NUC works fine but windows now needs activating. i can see the old NUC under my Microsoft logins but when i go to login to...
  3. Xbox app says device limit reached. Only 2 devices on account.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox app says device limit reached. Only 2 devices on account.: I am trying to install Halo Infinite on my PC. The store drives me to the Xbox app to do so. The Xbox app reports that I have reached my device limit 10. My account shows only 2 devices. How can I resolve this?...
  4. Xbox app says device limit reached. Only 2 devices on account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app says device limit reached. Only 2 devices on account.: I am trying to install Halo Infinite on my PC. The store drives me to the Xbox app to do so. The Xbox app reports that I have reached my device limit 10. My account shows only 2 devices. How can I resolve this?...
  5. Xbox app says device limit reached. Only 2 devices on account.

6. Add device alerted incorrect serial number , surface , xbox ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Add device alerted incorrect serial number , surface , xbox ?: When Adding device alerted : "incorrect serial number , surface , xbox" for windows 10 pro OEM ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-device-alerted-incorrect-serial-number-surface/b63d0c11-8c0c-4cc3-afa5-54b2fbd21d78
  7. Surface App Has No Menu Options

Surface App Has No Menu Options: I recently purchased the HP Envy x360 2-in-1 laptop with the intention of using it with the Storyboarder program. I soon realized that despite the pen that came with the laptop having sensitivity levels as evidenced by line darkness/thickness responding to varying degrees of...
  8. Add device to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add device to Microsoft account: I want to add my device laptop with windows 10 to my Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-device-to-microsoft-account/045524a8-ae8c-4f2a-ad70-bd56c6194b60
  9. add device to microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    add device to microsoft account: Trying to assign my son's Sony VAIO laptop to his Microsoft account, but the laptop device doesn't show up. I have logged him off, signed back in, downloaded an app from the app store and renamed the computer to no avail. Please help! This is getting very frustrating....
  10. Pin number has only ADD option available

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Pin number has only ADD option available: I am not able to Login to Win 10 using my PIN which I had set up previously set up and was working fine - now the only option I get is for my Password I have tried resetting the PIN without success as below Settings > Accounts > Sign-in-Options > PIN > there is only...