Windows 10: Add office 2007 to old Win7 laptop after clean install w/ Win 10 1809

Discus and support Add office 2007 to old Win7 laptop after clean install w/ Win 10 1809 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Greetings fellow W10 users. I would appreciate some guidance in an upcoming project (maybe today if time permits). I have an old Dell 1747 laptop... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by W10 Tweaker, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Add office 2007 to old Win7 laptop after clean install w/ Win 10 1809

Greetings fellow W10 users. I would appreciate some guidance in an upcoming project (maybe today if time permits).

I have an old Dell 1747 laptop that I plan to complete a clean install of W10-1809. This is a 64b pc with an early gen i7 cpu, 8GB RAM, and 2nd 2.5" drive bay (not the DVD bay) where I've installed a Kingston 240GB SSD.

My concerns are specific to maintaining ms office 2007 after it was retired in October 2017. After reading and posting in another thread, I've learned that this is possible. Thanks Denis, this pleases me and I understand it may work for a day or years. I'm OK with that.

I have reviewed several clean install directions and will also check a couple more here, thanks again Denis.

For running a clean install of Windows 10 directly from a Windows 7 installation, see Directly Clean Install Windows 10 without having to Upgrade First - TenForumsTutorials
    The main tutorial is at Clean Install Windows 10 - TenForumsTutorials

My plan was to remove the primary HDD during the installation to avoid any possible loss of data files. I am aware that my chosen version of W10 will eventually require an upgrade. I have decided on 1809 as that's the OS on my primary PC, by my choice will be until it is necessary to update, and I'm confident in the features it contains, good and bad.

Denis, I have no plans for a dual boot machine, at least not with Win7. At a future date, I might like to explore using Linux on my old Dell and may also consider making it a dual boot W10/Linux. Is there any benefit to making a small partition for Linux before the W10 install?

Thanks in advance for any advice or guidance. Cheers,

Michael

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

That completes my attempt at migrating posts from another thread. *Smile

:)

W10 Tweaker, Aug 8, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Upgrade office 2007 after win 10 clean install

If your notebooks are stored in OneDrive, you can open them with the excellent and free, native Windows OneNote app (Start > O > OneNote). If they are stored locally, this workaround should work and costs nothing:

1.) To start with, uninstall Office 2007 (it must be uninstalled before installing the trial version in next step)

2.) Sign up for a free one month Office 365 Home trial, install Office 2016 which belongs to this subscription: Try Microsoft Office 365 - Free subscription trial for 1 month

3.) Setup OneDrive on your PC using your MS account

4.) Open the old notebooks one by one: Open a notebook in OneNote 2016 for Windows - OneNote

5.) For each notebook, select the File menu, click Share, select OneDrive, click Move Notebook:

Add office 2007 to old Win7 laptop after clean install w/ Win 10 1809 [​IMG]

6.) The notebook will be synced to OneDrive:

7.) When done click OK:

Repeat this for every notebook, I'm sorry but it can take some time with multiple notebooks *Wink

That's it. You can now use your free Windows OneNote app (Start > O > OneNote) to open and edit your notebooks, it will automatically fetch them from OneDrive. Don't forget to cancel the Office 365 subscription before the trial ends! If you then need other Office 2007 apps you can reinstall it instead.

Kari, Aug 8, 2019
  3. camelia Win User
    How to install NET Programmability Support office 2007 Win 10 b1803?

Hellou,

Reading all this: *Sleep

The following versions of Microsoft Office with the latest Service Packs have been confirmed to be compatible with Windows 10:
    • Office 2016 Preview
    • Office 2013/Office 365
    • Office 2010
    • Office 2007
    Older versions of Office such as Office 2003 and Office XP are not certified compatible with Windows 10 but might work using compatibility mode.

Which versions of Office work with Windows 10?
    Which versions of Office work with Windows 10? - Office Support

Microsoft Office .NET Programmability Support Not available to install for Office 2007 under Win 10 (b1803)

Like this video:

The difference with the video and MY installation is mine is a clean install!! *Banghead

So what do I need to Install to have Microsoft Office .NET Programmability Support for Office 2007 Under Windows April 2018 Update?

Thanks
    Came

camelia, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Add office 2007 to old Win7 laptop after clean install w/ Win 10 1809

Office 2007 is Retired

My Excel files in Office 2007 were transferred by Dell to a new laptop April 2018. I just tried to use "HELP" in Excel and received the info that Office 2007 is Retired. Looks like I need to upgrade but to what ? will all my old excel files stay intact
    if I upgrade ? If I uninstall Office 2007 to install a new Office how do my old files get transferred to the new Office. Any suggestions or recommendation will be GREATLY appreciated.

Jeannie Hubbard, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Add office 2007 to old Win7 laptop after clean install w/ Win 10 1809

1. Add office 2007 to old Win7 laptop after clean install w/ Win 10 1809 - Similar Threads - Add office 2007

2. Trying to install and activate an old copy of Office 2007

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Trying to install and activate an old copy of Office 2007: Hello everyone. My name is Stephen Lester and I am a retired senior with just enough experience to be dangerous! Recently, I was trying to install and activate an old copy of Office 2007. It installed ok but when I tried to activate it it gave me an error message stating the...
  3. Old copy Office 2007 vlk and selective install

Old copy Office 2007 vlk and selective install: Hi, I had to reinstall Win10 with new mb. Now trying to re-install my old copy of Office 2007 (pretty sure it was from my very old former jobsite with vlk) and I want to selectively only install Word and Excel. But when I click setup.exe, it does not give the option for...
  4. Office 2007 on win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 2007 on win 10: Hi Guys Is it possible to install and run Microsoft Office 2007 on win 10 without any virtual software? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2007-on-win-10/efa6ba5a-31c4-4e29-bcaf-d668512f8324
  5. Office 2007 & Win 10

Office 2007 & Win 10: I noticed my office 2007 Pro isn't updating since i upgraded to windows 10. Outlook, Word etc. I have check other Microsoft devices in update settings. Anyone else notice this also? 33331
  6. Upgrade office 2007 after win 10 clean install

Upgrade office 2007 after win 10 clean install: When I previously had Win 7 installed on my desktop, I had Office 2007 installed and updated to Office 2010. Well, now I have a problem - because I did a 'clean install' I only had Office 2007 to install again (I have a disk) but I cannot find any link anywhere with Microsoft...
  7. Windows 10 cannot find office 2007 docs after clean install

Windows 10 cannot find office 2007 docs after clean install: Hi Guys, I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro last year from Windows 7 Pro all was good for a while. A few weeks ago I began to experience some stability issues, so I decided to do a clean install. I backed up my personal files, word docs, spreadsheets etc onto an external hard...
  8. Office 2007 Installation

Office 2007 Installation: My computer froze during office 2007 installation. I then removed the pre-installed office 2013 product and tried to install office 2007. It will not install now. Need some help. 38007
  9. Upgrading Toshiba Win7 laptop to Win 10 via clean install on new SSD

Upgrading Toshiba Win7 laptop to Win 10 via clean install on new SSD: I went through quite a few upgrades when Windows 10 arrived but have taken a break and don't feel up to speed on what has changed regarding upgrading with a "clean install". I am familiar with the Media Creation tool but used that for upgrades, and have a question on the...
  10. How to Do Clean Install After Problematical Win7 - Win 10 Upgrade?

How to Do Clean Install After Problematical Win7 - Win 10 Upgrade?: I think it best to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my computer because of previous problems with a Win XP to 7 upgrade and the problems with this Win 7 to Win10 upgrade. Blinking screen, no sound, "Critical Error" and Start Menu not working, on this Win7 > Win10 upgrade....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to add old office 2007 to windows 10

2. will win7 upgrade to win10 require a new microsoft office