Windows 10: Add-Ons for Firefox crash since update to 80

Discus and support Add-Ons for Firefox crash since update to 80 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Any others have issues with Firefox and Add-ons since updating to 80? I know know they released 80.0.1, and I'm on it, but I'm still having issues with... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Bobby Phoenix, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Add-Ons for Firefox crash since update to 80

Any others have issues with Firefox and Add-ons since updating to 80? I know know they released 80.0.1, and I'm on it, but I'm still having issues with FVD even though FVD was also updated. It doesn't happen often, but I have come across others having the same issue. See this post from mozillaZine: Bad Bug in New Version of FF • mozillaZine Forums

Also since FVD is crashing here and there I decided to try the regular built-in homepage, but didn't really care for it, so I went back to FVD, and now I have another issue. Prior to switching to try the built-in homepage I was able to just click the address bar, and a drop down of recent searches/history/bookmarks would instantly show. Now since I switched back to FVD I need to click in the address bar, and start to type something for the drop down to show. If I just click there, it just highlights the current address. Which way is it to be really? Maybe this is correct as this is how Chrome also works, and previous automatically showing the drop down box was a glitch?

Add-Ons for Firefox crash since update to 80 [​IMG]

:)

Bobby Phoenix, Sep 5, 2020
  2. Artas1984 Win User

Firefox crashes non-stop!!!

Suggest any methods to stop Firefox from crashing. It crashes right after starting, no more than a second or 3..

Any cache, plugins, antivirus things that might cause it? It is very, very annoying...

Artas1984, Sep 5, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Mozilla Firefox Updated to 3.0.6

Mozilla added its regular incremental update to the Firefox web-browser. With this release, the group fixed many bugs found with its previous version 3.0.5, which don't necessarily translate into security flaws. As many as seven critical thru mild security vulnerabilities were fixed, that includes a crash with memory corruption issue, and extraction of data using SessionStore files. The list of security fixes addressed can be found here. The release also fixes several bugs as listed in the updated bug list. The release also improves the ability of scripted commands to work properly with plugins, one of the major bugs fixed. Fore more information, refer to the release notes page for version 3.0.6. Firefox can be downloaded from the server closest to you, from the Firefox homepage. Existing users would be updated automatically.

btarunr, Sep 5, 2020
  4. MatTheCat Win User

Add-Ons for Firefox crash since update to 80

Firefox crashes non-stop!!!

I have went back to Firefox 3.6 for this reason.

With the newer Firefox releases, I would find that it would crash and cause my whole system to hang and the only way I could recover from it would be to boot Windows 7 in safe mode, uninstall and then reinstall Firefox.....but bollox to that every 1-2 days.

MatTheCat, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Add-Ons for Firefox crash since update to 80

1. Add-Ons for Firefox crash since update to 80 - Similar Threads - Add Ons Firefox

2. ADD ONS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ADD ONS: I HAVE DOWNLOADED, UNZIPPED AND INSTALLED TWO ADD ONS INTO THE COMMUNITY FOLDER..THEY SHOW IN THE FOLDER BUT.....THEY SHOW IN THE CONTENT MANAGER AS NOT INSTALLED. I HAVE DELETED THEM FROM THE COMMUNITY FOLDER AND RE-INSTALLED, I HAVE TRIED ALL THINGS WITH NO LUCK.I DO HAVE...
  3. ADD ONS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ADD ONS: I HAVE DOWNLOADED, UNZIPPED AND INSTALLED TWO ADD ONS INTO THE COMMUNITY FOLDER..THEY SHOW IN THE FOLDER BUT.....THEY SHOW IN THE CONTENT MANAGER AS NOT INSTALLED. I HAVE DELETED THEM FROM THE COMMUNITY FOLDER AND RE-INSTALLED, I HAVE TRIED ALL THINGS WITH NO LUCK.I DO HAVE...
  4. ADD ONS

5. Cannot Add Firefox Add-ons to Toolbar or Overflow

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Add Firefox Add-ons to Toolbar or Overflow: Hello. First, I tried to search about it, couldn't find an asnwer. I use Firefox and Firefox Developer and issue is the same on both browsers. I have add-ons, in my add-ons list, which are activated,but they are not either in the toolbar or the overflow menu or even in the...
  6. Cannot Add Firefox Add-ons to Toolbar or Overflow

Cannot Add Firefox Add-ons to Toolbar or Overflow: Hello. First, I tried to search about it, couldn't find an asnwer. I use Firefox and Firefox Developer and issue is the same on both browsers. I have add-ons, in my add-ons list, which are activated,but they are not either in the toolbar or the overflow menu or even in the...
  7. Firefox And Add ons

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox And Add ons: I must admit Firefox has improved dramatically in the centuries since I last used it. However, I have installed add on FVD Speed dial (better than Vivaldi or Opera) and after a false start uninstall and reinstall, got it sorted and would like to ask now if: There is any way...
  8. Timeline for disabling Firefox legacy add-ons on addons.mozilla.org

in Windows 10 News
    Timeline for disabling Firefox legacy add-ons on addons.mozilla.org: Mozilla will stop supporting Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR) 52, the final release that is compatible with legacy add-ons, on September 5, 2018. As no supported versions of Firefox will be compatible with legacy add-ons after this date, we will start the process of...
  9. The Future of Developing Firefox Add-ons

in Windows 10 News
    The Future of Developing Firefox Add-ons: Today we are announcing some major upcoming changes to Firefox add-ons. Our add-on ecosystem has evolved through incremental, organic growth over the years, but there are some modernizations to Firefox that require some foundational changes to support: Taking advantage of...
  10. Firefox Add-ons attacked

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Add-ons attacked: NoScript and other popular Firefox add-ons open millions to new attack | Ars Technica 46530