Windows 10: Add open with program when right clicking on .pdf

Discus and support Add open with program when right clicking on .pdf in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I've got a slightly annoying problem that I can't get around. I'd like to add Word to the 'open with' menu when I right click on a .pdf file in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GregOctopus, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Add open with program when right clicking on .pdf

Hi,

I've got a slightly annoying problem that I can't get around.

I'd like to add Word to the 'open with' menu when I right click on a .pdf file in File Explorer.

I don't want Word to be the default program to open pdf files, but I'd like it to be an option in the open with menu, as I use Adobe Reader most of the time, but sometimes I need to convert the pdf to Word. At the moment, I have to always choose Word from a list of all the programs on the computer.

Thanks!

:)

GregOctopus, Mar 19, 2020

2. microsoft print to pdf files will not open after saving

We suggest that you save the PDF files on your device and check if the issue persists. You may also want to associate the PDF files to Microsoft Edge as the default program to make sure that you have a default application that will open all of your PDF files.
    Here are the steps:

• Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Select the .pdf file type and then click the Change program button on the upper right of the
      Set Associations window.
    • Choose Microsoft Edge and then click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Add open with program when right clicking on .pdf

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

Add open with program when right clicking on .pdf

1. Add open with program when right clicking on .pdf - Similar Threads - Add open program

2. Explorer crashes when opened or when right click.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer crashes when opened or when right click.: Whenever I open Explorer from "win+e", the start menu or the command prompt shows a window and then crashes. I checked the event viewer and it shows these errors in the "Application" logs:Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.26052.1000, time stamp:...
  3. Explorer crashes when opened or when right click.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer crashes when opened or when right click.: Whenever I open Explorer from "win+e", the start menu or the command prompt shows a window and then crashes. I checked the event viewer and it shows these errors in the "Application" logs:Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.26052.1000, time stamp:...
  4. Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop: My pc was working normally after while i faced a problem, when i right click a program in the desktop the desktop will freeze, also i saw that programms that was installed on Hdd drive when i right click on them the context menu appear without any problem, but when i right...
  5. Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop

Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop: My pc was working normally after while i faced a problem, when i right click a program in the desktop the desktop will freeze, also i saw that programms that was installed on Hdd drive when i right click on them the context menu appear without any problem, but when i right...
  6. Right-click Open with problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click Open with problem: In the last few days, the right-click Open with... function has stopped working for a specific program - MS Paint. All other choices work fine, MS Paint works fine, when I drag the image onto an already open instance of MS Paint it opens fine, but that single possibility of...
  7. Right-click Open with problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right-click Open with problem: In the last few days, the right-click Open with... function has stopped working for a specific program - MS Paint. All other choices work fine, MS Paint works fine, when I drag the image onto an already open instance of MS Paint it opens fine, but that single possibility of...
  8. Right-Click to Add to Registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right-Click to Add to Registry: Ok, here's what I wanna do. I wanna create a right-click menu option to add a program to the registry. Specifically, I want to add it to HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. I have installed FileMenu Tools to help me with this. I also know I can go to...
  9. Add an open with option when right clicking a pdf or other file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add an open with option when right clicking a pdf or other file: Hi, I've got a slightly annoying problem that I can't get around. I'd like to add Word to the 'open with' menu when I right click on a .pdf file in File Explorer. I don't want Word to be the default program to open pdf files, but I'd like it to be an option in the open...
  10. right click a file : open with > ... how add my applications ?

right click a file : open with > ... how add my applications ?: After the darn Microsoft update was installed a lot of problems have occurred. Every time I boot the system a new annoyance come up. I was used to right click a .jpg (or some other pictures extensions) and have the option to choose Adobe Photoshop. The Photoshop suddenly...