Windows 10: Add options in explorer context menu when some text is selected

Discus and support Add options in explorer context menu when some text is selected in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, how to add an option in this context menu ? https://imgur.com/KkktdBt How to add UPPERCASE and lowercase like in Notepad++ ? and other options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/XMCQCX, Jan 21, 2021.

1. /u/XMCQCX Win User

Add options in explorer context menu when some text is selected

Hi, how to add an option in this context menu ?

https://imgur.com/KkktdBt

How to add UPPERCASE and lowercase like in Notepad++ ? and other options

https://imgur.com/1K6bHr5

I'm already doing it by pressing hotkeys with an autohotkey script but I would prefer directly from the menu like notepad++ without looking for keys on the keyboard. Any help would be appreciated.

This is the script I'm using:

!x:: store := clipboard send ^x clipwait sendraw, [ send, ^v sendraw, ] clipboard := store store = return !z:: store := clipboard send ^x clipwait sendraw, ( send, ^v sendraw, ) clipboard := store store = return !l:: send ^c StringLower Clipboard, Clipboard, L Send %Clipboard% RETURN !u:: send ^c StringUpper Clipboard, Clipboard, U Send %Clipboard% RETURN !t:: send ^c StringUpper Clipboard, Clipboard, T Send %Clipboard% RETURN

submitted by /u/XMCQCX
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/XMCQCX, Jan 21, 2021

2. Selected filename in new menu option in Windows Explorer Context Menu

It's possible to add a new menu option to Windows Explorer Context Menu with the first selected filename in menu text? Example: right click on "file.txt" file must show a menuitem called "Open filename.txt with MyProgram"

José ManuelBiurrun Orce, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Add options in explorer context menu when some text is selected :(

ArmoredCavalry, Jan 21, 2021
  4. ChipHovey Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer context menu no text

When I right-click on a folder or file to get context menu options, the menu is very narrow, no text shown and the only icon is for menu items which have sub-items.

ChipHovey, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Add options in explorer context menu when some text is selected - Similar Threads - Add options explorer

2. Add options in explorer context menu when some text is selected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add options in explorer context menu when some text is selected: Hi, how to add an option in this context menu ? Imgur: The magic of the Internet How to add UPPERCASE and lowercase like in Notepad++ ? and other options Imgur: The magic of the Internet I'm already doing it by pressing hotkeys with an autohotkey script but I would prefer...
  3. Add Google Search Option to the Right-Click context Menu Win. Explorer

Add Google Search Option to the Right-Click context Menu Win. Explorer: How to Add Google Search Option to the Right-Click context Menu in windows Explorer. I didn't find anything online. Example, right click on mp3 file, click google search option to launch a web search about the mp3 song. Did Anyone know a way to do it ? 151687
  4. Selected filename in new menu option in Windows Explorer Context Menu

Selected filename in new menu option in Windows Explorer Context Menu: It's possible to add a new menu option to Windows Explorer Context Menu with the first selected filename in menu text? Example: right click on "file.txt" file must show a menuitem called "Open filename.txt with MyProgram"...
  5. Option to "add to file history" to context menu?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Option to "add to file history" to context menu?: Is there any way to include an option to "add to file history" to the context menu? It's tedious to have to jump into settings every time I want to add a folder to it. 140176
  6. Add option to context menu to open file type

in Windows 10 Support
    Add option to context menu to open file type: By default, Windows will open a MIDI file with Windows Media Player on double-click. This is fine. However, I'd like to add the option to open MIDI files to the context menu (right click). As it is, to open a MIDI file with MuseScore (my current preferred software), I have...
  7. Unable to add RMB context menu for selected file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to add RMB context menu for selected file: Hi All, I'm unable to add RMB context menu for .prt file types. Nothing is displayed when RMB on file. I've asked same question on Stack overflow but no replay yet. Link for question: [Removed by Moderator] Thanks, Samadhan...
  8. Add Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information A create custom power plans that are optimized for specific computers. All users (standard and administrator) will be able to make...
  9. Select Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Select Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10: How to: Select Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Select Context Menu in Windows 10 You can select one or multiple items in Windows to perform an action with. Normally, you could click/tap on the Home tab in File Explorer to be able to...
  10. Hide selected items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide selected items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Hide selected items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Hide selected items to Context Menu in Windows 10 Hidden files, folders, and drives do not show by default in Windows. Windows protected system files (ex: desktop.ini files) are hidden by...