Windows 10: Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; merrowland, Nope, it didn't get successfully merged. Were you able to approve all prompts to merge the .reg file? Are you currently signed in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Jaxel, Aug 4, 2015.

1. wbhworld Win User

Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

hi, did you actually find a solution to this problem, I have the same problem,(windows 10 build 10586.11) I tried the regedit download remove drive but it didn't work for me. any advise? thanks

wbhworld, Nov 24, 2015
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello wbhworld, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

The tutorial still works for me. If you haven't already, see if restarting the computer after merging the .reg file may help.

Brink, Nov 24, 2015
  3. wbhworld Win User
    hi thanks for your reply, I did restart but no changes made,
    Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [​IMG]

wbhworld, Nov 24, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

wbhworld,

Please go ahead and export the two keys below from your registry and upload them. I'll be happy to take a look at them to see if you may have some other registry entry add that could be causing the tutorial to not work for you. *Smile

Code: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83} HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\DelegateFolders[/quote]

Brink, Nov 24, 2015
  5. wbhworld Win User
    hope this works, not that technical*Sad

HKEY_CLASSES.reg
    HKEY-LOCAL.reg

wbhworld, Nov 24, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    wbhworld,

I found the problem. The {F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83} key didn't get deleted from your registry at the location below.

Try the download from step 2 again being sure to approve all prompts to merge it.

Code: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\DelegateFolders[/quote]

Brink, Nov 24, 2015
  7. wbhworld Win User
    Brink,
    I did step 2 download but I can not yet restart PC because I am doing backup Image Check which has been running for hours and hours (about 15hours with 3 to go)and I dont want interupt it otherwise I have to start again. So I will restart later and inform you of the results. Do I have to Import those Keys back again??

wbhworld, Nov 24, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Ok. If you're restoring an image dated before doing step 2, then yeah you'll need to do it again after the image has been restored.

Otherwise, there's no need.

Brink, Nov 24, 2015
  9. wbhworld Win User
    I did restart but 2 "E" drives still showing*Sad

wbhworld, Nov 24, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    In that case, manually go to the location below in your registry, delete the {F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83} subkey under DelegateFolders, and restart.

Code: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\DelegateFolders[/quote]

Brink, Nov 24, 2015
  11. wbhworld Win User
    this actually worked, wow*Partymany thanks I really appreciate your time and assistance,,do I need to do anything about importing the other KEY? I didn't delete.

wbhworld, Nov 24, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news. No need to do anything else. *Party

For some reason the .reg file from step 2 was not being successfully merged, but I'm glad manually doing what was in the .reg file worked for you.

Brink, Nov 24, 2015
  13. kenw232 Win User

I removed the following key and it got rid of my double drive problem in explorer/file manager. But in the open/save dialog boxes I still see two drives. Any fix for that too?

Code: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\DelegateFolders\{F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83}[/quote]

kenw232, Dec 6, 2015
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Ken, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Did you restart the computer afterwards to fully apply?

Brink, Dec 6, 2015
  15. kenw232 Win User
    Yes, repeatedly. I still have the drive appear twice in the open/save dialogs. can't figure out why. would that be a different reg key then?

kenw232, Dec 7, 2015
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Duplicate

2. Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane: Hi how are you, I am unable to remove the duplicate drivers in the navigation pane. I have removed the key F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83 from the regedit and also unchecked the show al folders and show library issue under the Navigation Pane. Still no luck....
  3. Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane: Hi how are you, I am unable to remove the duplicate drivers in the navigation pane. I have removed the key F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83 from the regedit and also unchecked the show al folders and show library issue under the Navigation Pane. Still no luck....
  4. Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. add google drive to navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    add google drive to navigation pane: how to add google drive to navigation pane 55775
  6. Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Dropbox in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 Dropbox is a file hosting service operated by American company Dropbox, Inc. that offers cloud storage, file synchronization,...
  7. Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Google Drive in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 Google Drive is a file storage and synchronization service created by Google. It allows users to store files in the...
  8. Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Favorites in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information Favorites in the navigation pane is a way to easily access items in your %UserProfile%/Links folder....
  9. Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove OneDrive in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC,...
  10. Add or Remove This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to add or remove This PC in the navigation pane of File Explorer for all users in Windows 10. You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to add...